| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Question...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote coolworx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question...
    Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 6:27pm
Today I played a game (vctf) with some dudes...
QuickRC came into the game and told me that he cant see me...but other guys from the same Team and from the enemy-team see me. I didnt do that intentionally...
I dont no why, anybody got answers?

Cheers ...
CoolworX

WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 6:37pm
Are you using any custom character mods?  I've seen that happen a few times recently.  Usually just like the mid section is missing or something but the other day I played with someone who was actually completely invisible in CTF...the only way I could tell where they were was when the player id bubble would come up over the top of them.  Was really weird.
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 6:39pm
You have time to actually play between all the work you do? :O
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 6:39pm
Yah happens sometimes.. probably because of the custom characters.
QuickRC View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote QuickRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 6:45pm
Ok here is a picture of ***-NRG am not saying any thing bad its just i dont know ether its a hack or a bug... can some one help out..?
coolworx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote coolworx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 6:56pm
I was asking now the complete other team and everybody can see me. Its only U Quick who cant see me. I played the next game and asked everybody (Darkangel/VKrazy/Chris etc.) and also they see me...

Quick, restart your ps3 :))

Cheers ...
CoolworX

QuickRC View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote QuickRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 6:59pm

dude uther peaple have seen this man LOOK at the proof am not saying nuthing bad its just lame i think

WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 7:03pm
I honestly think it's a bug.  It's been easy for me reproduce this...when I use some custom characters (or even the ones in the titan pack) they don't fully render.  It may be that there are some shared textures or something that get overwritten when a custom character get's installed.

That would explain why only one person saw that effect...maybe Quick has more or less custom stuff installed...which makes his backend texture files different than someone elses.  I dunno...just guessing.
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by QuickRC

dude uther peaple have seen this man LOOK at the proof am not saying nuthing bad its just lame i think

Yeah agreed this does happen....the guy I played was completly invisible...your pic at least has feet ! lol!  This guy I played was 100% gone!  But like I said I don't think people are doing it on purpose...well some probably are but yeah it's just a really lame bug.
coolworx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote coolworx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 7:06pm
Yeah I know, but I got no answers. U remember when U told me that I got a
ghoulish charakter? I didn`t changed it since I start to play with it. 

Maybe its a new trophy: Optical delusion :))))

Cheers...
CoolworX

WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 7:10pm
Yeah the issue could definitely be on the other end....Since I started seeing that stuff I just switched the game config to be no custom characters allowed...then everyone looks like demoguy...then you don't have to worry about this. 

You should do that anyway it makes being consistant a lot easier... for example you don't have to worry about people with Necris character models in dark maps etc...
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 7:11pm
one time i joined a random tdm server & atleast 2 ppl from the blue & red team were invisible! i kept getting flakd randomly! it sucked :( idk if it's a hax or glitch tho :/
coolworx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote coolworx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 7:14pm
Its the first time that somebody told me that he cant see me (I didnt changed anything at my charakter settings since 6 month or something like that. :(

Cheers ...
CoolworX

JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 7:15pm
I think it's a bug, happened to me before where I couldn't see about 3 players on the other team (except 1 was just a floating head) apart from when they took the flag. I asked others on my team and they could see them fine.

Dunno what causes it though.
coolworx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote coolworx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 7:17pm
I´m actually at the EUPSN1 Server playing VCTF. When anybody want to look...

Cheers...
CoolworX

JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 7:25pm
I could see you perfectly fine coolworx. And sorry my mic wasn't on. :D
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 7:35pm
It's the server, not you Coolworx. This happens all the time, especially on the midnight gaming servers.
Dr4g0v View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil
Stinger Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr4g0v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 7:35pm
Many guys are invisible recently.
In a match DEVIL_-REX- are invisible i don't see him, DEVIL_a**ociate too but DEVIL_Terror see REX... It's a bug of connexion i know ...
coolworx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote coolworx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 7:47pm
Ok guys...thx 4 all feedback...
Good to have a lounge like this here...now Im relaxed .))

Cheers...
CoolworX

aceoblivion View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 4:19pm
I've been seeing invisible characters on the warfare servers, all I see is their name over where they're supposed to be.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 5:36pm
Coolworx in Kargo a while back I switched teams to balance the numbers but you became invisible to me. Also Darkangel then and today, TITs_??? and others are regularly invisible in games. Like WOPR says it sounds reasonable that its a reference to the textures adorned by your character has not been located by the server/host. Essentially this is what you are doing when you change the features of your character, you're mapping different materials to it so it the game will look for a different file. Because ppl customise boots, belts, torso, gloves etc so sometimes the only way to tell if someone is there is if you can see part or all of an accessory.
Ive not seen floating heads but rendering a character (or generating an object in a game) with no body would be like not making the materials visible i'm sure. 
I get flags being rendered on a part of the landscape when they're actually in the flag room (especially in Rails) also weapons too. Often this is caused by lag so next time it happens note the maps, modes and importantly the number of people playing in the game. 
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 8:32pm
not sure if xtrmintr knew if he was invisible or not, but he was completely invisible , no feet, no name!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
THE_KING_ETERNAL View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by iAM_OffTheEdGe

one time i joined a random tdm server & atleast 2 ppl from the blue & red team were invisible! i kept getting flakd randomly! it sucked :( idk if it's a hax or glitch tho :/

yeah that was me i shot a rocket into ur back as well..lol.. just jk. but coolworx it happens when people dont have da same mod downloaded that u have. It happened to me and medic one time on rails and people said we were cheating when that was da first time it had happened since i got da game..lmao so dont sweat it man just change ur character.
Black_star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black_star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 12:53am
It happens when you mix pieces from customs and stock characters. The game glitches and messes up loading the skin.
GoDead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GoDead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 1:07am
It's because of custom characters. It has happened to me several times before. Not a cheat, just an unintentional glitch/bug

Only 366 days til yesterday!
 Post Reply Post Reply