| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Xbox360 or PS3?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: What is better, PS3 or Xbox360?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
30 [75.00%]
9 [22.50%]
1 [2.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JDog_OwNz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xbox360 or PS3?
    Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Mommyrox

Originally posted by SRC_CoR-StYlE

xD stop your lying mommy, you know id own you with nightmare

I that a challenge?
Sleepywhat challenge. lol
Adios, the last farewell
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 3:45pm

Nightmare is a beast.. but Ivy and her father (that ghost pirate guy) will own if you know how to handle them!

Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Black_star

In before fanboys. 

Too late.
Phantom View Drop Down

Little Red Wagon

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 7:19pm
This poll isn't going to be right because only a few people own both or all, people are just going to pick their favorites not which one is truely better
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 7:36pm
I voted ps3.  I owned them all at one point or another.  Wasnt impressed with xbox360 so i gave it away to my homie.
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Heavenly_Phantom

This poll isn't going to be right because only a few people own both or all, people are just going to pick their favorites not which one is truely better

Why not? Check out the off-topic thread.. there are allot of good facts why the PS3 is currently way better then the Xbox360..

PS3: Better service, 2 year free warranty (at least in my country), it looks a milion times better, better ventilating system (PS3 cannot overheat, they will shutdown themselfs before that happens) free online gaming, they last longer then Xbox360.

Xbox360: Faster connection but you have to pay for and with ads, in-game custom soundstracks.
the Xbox360 can overheat and damage! From what I've heard you have to wait a long time to get a new one, you have to pay for the extended warranty which Sony gave for free. MS put a freaking patent on in-game custom soundtracks because MS didn't want other gamers to enjoy that privelege on another system.
(somoma b!tches, just because we don't buy MS stuff they ruin other gamers fun?)

I think people choose PS3 for a good reason, not just because its their favorite.. Most of the people that own both probably had an Xbox360 first and decided to buy a PS3 after for some reason?
XtReMe is QnL View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL

Post Options Post Options   Quote XtReMe is QnL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 7:40pm
Love my 360 dont like paying for it but the online system is better. Also cuz halo 3 gow1 and 2 and other games like that bring in good competition. 
PSN tag: DrAsTiiK_, FaZeD_U, nGs_-FaZe-
360 tag- XtReMe is QnL
360 Clan-Quick n Lethal
QnL/X4K: Started December 18,2002
AK-47-D-MAFIA View Drop Down
Team AK-47
Team AK-47

Post Options Post Options   Quote AK-47-D-MAFIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 7:40pm
PS3 ALL THE WAY BBY !!!!!
“The fool says in his heart, ”There is no God.” (Psalm 14:1)
Phantom View Drop Down

Little Red Wagon

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Supreme_Venom

Originally posted by Heavenly_Phantom

Why not? Check out the off-topic thread.. there are allot of good facts why the PS3 is currently way better then the Xbox360..

PS3: Better service, 2 year free warranty (at least in my country), it looks a milion times better, better ventilating system (PS3 cannot overheat, they will shutdown themselfs before that happens) free online gaming, they last longer then Xbox360.

Xbox360: Faster connection but you have to pay for and with ads, in-game custom soundstracks.

the Xbox360 can overheat and damage! From what I've heard you have to wait a long time to get a new one, you have to pay for the extended warranty which Sony gave for free. MS put a freaking patent on in-game custom soundtracks because MS didn't want other gamers to enjoy that privelege on another system.

(somoma b!tches, just because we don't buy MS stuff they ruin other gamers fun?)

I've had my for a couple of years now and nothings ever gone wrong. Plus they give you notices once the next update is unlike PS3. Also you don't have to create an new account if you don't like your GT you can just change it without losing all your trophies or freinds, it costs but it's better then having to start over every game.

I think people choose PS3 for a good reason, not just because its their favorite.. Most of the people that own both probably had an Xbox360 first and decided to buy a PS3 after for some reason?
NecroBeestiality View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

Funny was how every damn game reviewer was all talk about Wii being the future, i was busy shaking my head! Now, after the smoke cleared,i see no one behind Wii!

In sales?
House Music All Night Long

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 11:19pm
Sony design is just sexy to me. I am a visual guy and sony is easy on the eyes. Blue Ray is huge, especially since it has a data connection to keep the Blue Ray firmware current. Most 1st gen BR players don't do that.

I looked hard at the 360. The controllers never felt right dating back to the original xbox. I never liked the shape, size, layout or materials used in the controllers. The sony controllers are so superior to me. It all revolves around the controller unless you telepathically communitate with your system or use fragfx or mouse and keyboard. Thats not the majority I am guessing.

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 7:34am
Originally posted by NecroBeestiality

Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

Funny was how every damn game reviewer was all talk about Wii being the future, i was busy shaking my head! Now, after the smoke cleared,i see no one behind Wii!

In sales?
No, i mean one magazine, all of em gave Wii a 10 and 360 and PS3 all get 8 or 7 in their respective catagories they were competing in! Like which looks better, oh....man im giving the Wii a ten, which will have the best ground breaking intense games, well ya know, im going with Wii as well!  Which one is not for socially awkward teenagers and fat old ladies, ..ahh ya know bob, im going with Wii....
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 8:34am
Well this will be a pretty biased poll like asking Hitler if he wanted Gandhi or Goebbels to be his neighbour. Anyway I find it hard to believe a lot of ppl think PS3 is way better. PS3 is better imo but not totally dominant. Are we comparing the consoles, the gaming experience or the whole customer experience?
Wii - is fun, fun, fun! My kids have it. Nintendo are the most innovative of all the console manufacturers and as for games well the most imaginative. Look at all the games that are spin offs of Zelda and Mario. Now Animal crossing. Graphically its way behind the other 2.
Xbox - I still have 2 Xbox v1 (black and clear) never had a problem. The controllers were poorly made and unreliable but the 360 wireless controllers are better for guys. Very good console despite the bad publicity and a games catalogue and online service thats unrivaled.
PS3 - everything in-house at point of sale. Controller is gay. System is the best bec its got BlueRay. The fact that it was cheapest BR player on the market in UK and it had the franchise for my fave shoot'em up game of all time was too much for me. I bought in and have no regrets.
They all have merits and weaknesses, they all appeal to different markets. A console that give me the best of all 3 would see me off PS3. 
Cloud computing is the future, soon we'll be DL a game from a service provider to play lag free on any system we want. Looks like Nintendo are best equipped to survive next gen online games. 
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 9:04am

I looked at all the bad and good sides of Xbox 360 and PS3.. and eventually I came to the conclusion that PS3 is just better.. thats why I vote for PS3, also because it looks better.

But another thing Nintendo dissapointed me in.. I'm a huge Zelda & Super Smash Bros. fan and I was so hoping to see those games on a whole new level using HD. And they didn't... sure Wii is fun.. but if the Wii didn't had Zelda, SSB, Mario Kart and whatnot then sales would have gone down, because for me that was one of the few reason to consider buying the Wii.. even my friends were considering buying the Wii JUST because of those games.
vkrazy04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote vkrazy04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 9:41am
PS3 Just because they never had any defects (RROD, E74) its also a bluray player XD i cant wait for the huge update thats gona come out next year who knows what they are gona have on it hopefully a internet radio service would be nice like last.fm or pandora
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by vkrazy04

PS3 Just because they never had any defects (RROD, E74) its also a bluray player XD i cant wait for the huge update thats gona come out next year who knows what they are gona have on it hopefully a internet radio service would be nice like last.fm or pandora

True, but can't some PS3s get YLOD or Bluray/ Hard Drive failure or whatever happened to Crow's PS3?

The PS3 isn't exactly perfect, but I'll still take it over a 360 or Wii, though my second choice would probably be the Wii, mainly because of Virtual Console.
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 2:24am
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Cloud computing is the future, soon we'll be DL a game from a service provider to play lag free on any system we want. Looks like Nintendo are best equipped to survive next gen online games. 

Best point so far imo. Cloud Computing is changing everything as we speak and its going to hit us like a ton of bricks very soon.

I am a bit surprised no one mentioned the cell processor. I don't know enough about it to comment but I get the impression that when Stanford University uses the cell processor instead of all the other processors in the world for their Folding program it must be special. Excuse the epic run-on!

Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 2:25am
U don't like the controller trin? I am a big fan.

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 2:50am
ps3.
and i own both
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 6:54am

U don't like the controller trin? I am a big fan.
Nah mate too damn small. And as for the comms well, u dont get a mic with the PS3 u have to purchase. The official PS3 wireless headset is garb - unreliable, uncomfortable and poor quality - ive nothing good to say about it. If it were free then it would be OK but people would still complain but to charge for it or pack it up with a game simply damages Sony's reputation for quality. DO NOT BUY THIS WORTHLESS PIECE OF JUNK< EVER. At least you get a free one with Xbox but their wireless headset is heavy and garb too haha! 
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 7:03am

Best point so far imo. Cloud Computing is changing everything as we speak and its going to hit us like a ton of bricks very soon.

I am a bit surprised no one mentioned the cell processor. I don't know enough about it to comment but I get the impression that when Stanford University uses the cell processor instead of all the other processors in the world for their Folding program it must be special. Excuse the epic run-on!
The cell processor development for Sony (in partnership with Toshiba and IBM) should be a real advantage if they can utilise its potential. I'm not even sure how much of the cell processor's power is currently utilised by the most demanding of PS3 games but I'd love to know. 
A small point here but as a games console there isn't much in the performance of the 2 machines in-game. Reliability, the stigma of RROD plagues xBox along with its relatively poor after sales care/support. More xbox 360 units have been shipped hence more complaints - everyone knows someone who has had a serious problem with the 360. Yet curiously, everyone in this community knows of someone with the same experience with the PS3. Sony's support is much better than MS so we actually like the fact that there is more security with Sony - they care more bout their reputation. I talked to a guy in The Nederlaands who was about as warm and caring as a refrigeration units in a mortuary when my first 360 died so yea it shows.
As a media centre and for potential you got to go with PS3 atm imho - PS4 may not be in 2010 as scheduled, I think they planned to develop a new chipset for it but cant afford to do so. As I mentioned b4 the processor IS gay but, as immersive technology goes,  they're trying to catch up with Nintendo. Take a look at this NEW PS3 controller. Its from E3 2009 (I think and I know some good peeps posted stuff on this show so apologies if its the same material I didnt have time to view that stuff back then). Virtual UT4 anyone???

SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 8:08am
From what Ive read, Sony might be done making consoles after PS3, if that happens they will just turn into another Sega!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
aceoblivion View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 3:46pm
I personally like my 360 better. Games for both systems seem to run better on the 360. I believe this is because they make the game for the 360 because it's so easy to program for, then they port it over to the ps3, therefore, no one takes avantage of the ps3 power except for exclusive games. I also like the fact that I can put 360 games on my harddrive if I like, but don't have to like the ps3. Metal Gear takes up like 10gb of space and I believe Gran Turismo does too. I have over 80 games on my 360 and my favorite game of all time is Ma** Effect which is a 360 exclusive. I never owned a original xbox because I was a die hard playstation man, but when Oblivion came out on the 360 I bought one just to play that game. I like the controller alot more, shooting games fill like your pulling a trigger on a gun and the ps3 trigger is a wide shoulder button that doesn't work as a trigger. I have a 80gb harddrive on my ps3 but half of it is taken up with only 4 games. I have a 20gb drive on my 360 and have a couple of games installed on my drive with over 80 games saved on it, Oblivion has about 20 saved games in that one game. I had spent literally several days online downloading maps and mods for ut3 on my ps3, lost it all because of a update. When I got Metal Gear, it took 45 to download to my ps3 then there was an update for it that took another 45 minutes, that's insane. Update on my 360 never takes more than a minute, even when they changed their entire interface. When I research a game that's coming out and there's side by side screen shot comparisions, I always think the 360 looks better and when they talk about problems with a game on one system or the other, there's always a problem on the ps3 version, once again, I believe that goes back to the fact the game was made on the 360 then ported over.
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 9:17pm

The cell processor development for Sony (in partnership with Toshiba and IBM) should be a real advantage if they can utilise its potential. I'm not even sure how much of the cell processor's power is currently utilised by the most demanding of PS3 games but I'd love to know. 
A small point here but as a games console there isn't much in the performance of the 2 machines in-game. Reliability, the stigma of RROD plagues xBox along with its relatively poor after sales care/support. More xbox 360 units have been shipped hence more complaints - everyone knows someone who has had a serious problem with the 360. Yet curiously, everyone in this community knows of someone with the same experience with the PS3. Sony's support is much better than MS so we actually like the fact that there is more security with Sony - they care more bout their reputation. I talked to a guy in The Nederlaands who was about as warm and caring as a refrigeration units in a mortuary when my first 360 died so yea it shows.
As a media centre and for potential you got to go with PS3 atm imho - PS4 may not be in 2010 as scheduled, I think they planned to develop a new chipset for it but cant afford to do so. As I mentioned b4 the processor IS gay but, as immersive technology goes,  they're trying to catch up with Nintendo. Take a look at this NEW PS3 controller. Its from E3 2009 (I think and I know some good peeps posted stuff on this show so apologies if its the same material I didnt have time to view that stuff back then). Virtual UT4 anyone???

whoa Trin....that's SWEET.
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by SilverJ-17

Originally posted by vkrazy04

True, but can't some PS3s get YLOD or Bluray/ Hard Drive failure or whatever happened to Crow's PS3?

The PS3 isn't exactly perfect, but I'll still take it over a 360 or Wii, though my second choice would probably be the Wii, mainly because of Virtual Console.
lmfao ur a d***..sure make fun of me hahaha :( :'(
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>