| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Custom Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ONS 2.0 Gametype + Map Pack

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Nootsac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ONS 2.0 Gametype + Map Pack
    Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 1:06pm

Description: Bringing some of the features of the Unreal Tournament 2004 Onslaught gametype into UT3 as a new gametype. All current Warfare maps, stock and custom, will work with ONS 2.0. Hoverboard is still in, the orb is still in but can be removed from any map through this mutator.

Vehicle Changes:

* Manta:

*Engine sounds and radius have been increased.

* Improved manta teamskins. 

*You can ride on top and on the wings of the manta as you could in UT2k4.

*Slightly reduced damage to pawns from manta fire.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Hellbender:

*Rear gunner seat with charge indicator just like 2k4.

*Sounds from 2k4  including the la cucaracha horn

*Improved team skins.

*Suspension has been tweaked for smoother, less bouncy driving.

*Shock Ball damage radius has been reduced to 3/4 of the stock setting.

* Scorpion:

* reduced self destruct impact radius.

* New projectile with delayed damage on mantas and vipers: On impact, the projectiles do just a little damage but the hover vehicle starts to spark and after a few seconds... kaboom! The more times it gets hit, the faster it will blow but the driver will always have a second or two to bail out before it explodes.

* Suspension has been tweaked for smoother, less bouncy driving.

---------------------------------------------------------------

* Raptor:

*lowered alt fire ROF.

*Increased handling maneuverability.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

* Added 3 new weapons to UT3:

Mine Layer Gun:

* gun that spawns every 60 seconds that allows you to shoot mines in any location you desire, max ammo of 8 spidermines.

* increased size of spidermines and gave them team colored skins that are bright enough to see in any environment:

Bio Grenade Launcher:

* since the bio rifle isnt used much in Warfare we found a use for it: the gun now shoots bio filled grenades that explode when pressing alt fire.

* grenades can be stuck to players and vehicles.

Lightning Gun:

* similar in feel and funtion to the 2k4 lightning gun.

* replaces all sniper rifles in maps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Misc gameplay tweaks:

* Increased rate of fire of Shock Rifle Primary.

* Link Gun alt fire can now link teamates.

* Dodge Jump

* Camera Control: using the mouse scroll wheel there are 4 different views you can use while in vehicles.

* Hand weapon knockback on vehicles.

* You can teleport from the node itself as well as the node teleporters. *Must use node teleporters to get to and from core(s) though.

CLICK HERE TO DONLOAD ONS 2.0 FROM YOUR PS3 

ONS 2.0 Map Pack COMING SOON:

by BigDog:

WAR-SnakeBite AKA ONS FrostBite

WAR-Sentinels AKA ONS Severence

WAR-Rivalen  AKA ONS Dria

WAR-ArchCliffs AKA ONS Red Planet

WAR-Xcavated AKA ONS Nevermore LE 

WAR-Cavern AKA Torlan (2k4 version)

WAR-ArtOfWar AKA Sun Tzu

by (GOW)Sanch3z:

WAR-Terra Sirenum AKA ONS Ascendency

WAR-Alien Sands AKA ONS Crossfire SE 

WAR-Dawn Revisited SE

WAR-TOO DARK PARK SE AKA ONS-ArcticStronghold

by Nomadicus and (GOW)Sanch3z:

WAR-Primeval SE  

Main creation of ONS 2.0 by:

(GOW)PacerX: main coding mastermind

BigDog: mapping

(GOW)Sanch3z: mapping, coding noob

A special thanks to euchreplayer23 for cooking this gametype for the ps3..Thanks bro!
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2009 at 1:28pm
Looking sick!!!!!! Can't wait.
TyroneJester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TyroneJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 12:45pm
cant wait for this
You Have To Look Good!
Too Kill Good!
Nootsac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nootsac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 3:19pm
The gametype has already been converted to ps3 and i have been testing for a little bit and noticed some things are not working properly.

1. scorpion projectiles look retarted
2. dodge jump doesnt work
3.you cannot teleport through the nodes(AHHHHH!)

and a few others that i cant think of. Either way the mod still functions properly besides that and i dont think its worth the time to go and fix these issues. Right now we are waiting for some of the map pack to come together and soon after we will release these beauties. Ill keep ya posted
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 3:27pm
thats sick cant wait
!
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Nootsac

3.you cannot teleport through the nodes(AHHHHH!)

that f***ing blows donkeys...

can it be fixed?

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
Nootsac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nootsac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 5:34pm
with alot of coding time yes but is it worth it? nope. Not enough people are interested to put that much more time into it so we will have to settle for how it is now. Dont get me wrong its still a sick mod and runs much smoother then vanilla warfare does. I will put it up for testing in the next couple of days, maybe even tonight. Anybody care to test it with me if i put it up around 830/9 eastern?
Heavenly_HelRAzR View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_HelRAzR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 5:54pm
if it can b put up at a later i can help u test it. ive been very interested in this kinda stuff lately. im soon going to atempt some of my own mod work hopfully
YOUR FAILURE IS MY SUCCESS!! psn = theVIRUSofLIFE69
Nootsac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nootsac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 5:54pm
I lied in my previous post. The dodge jump does work and the scorpion projectiles arent bad at all. They are definetly better then the noob balls the scorpion spits now and it actually gives u a chance when you are in a manta or viper to bail out . One thing I did notice is that you will have to download the mod if you want to play on a server that hosts it because its a completly new gametype.

Im going to post the mod in my first post now so whoever wants to play it tonight will have time to download and install this badboy before we start. So what are you still reading this for!!!!! START DOWNLOADING !!!!  lol Ill see u guys later
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Nootsac

with alot of coding time yes but is it worth it? nope. Not enough people are interested to put that much more time into it so we will have to settle for how it is now. Dont get me wrong its still a sick mod and runs much smoother then vanilla warfare does. I will put it up for testing in the next couple of days, maybe even tonight. Anybody care to test it with me if i put it up around 830/9 eastern?

cant my ps3 got fried and has the yellow light of death...

ill be online in 2-3 weeks. also waiting for my new mouse to play more on the pc. got the new video card this weekend and just got back my pc copy. as soon as i get my mouse im in business for the pc.

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
Nootsac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nootsac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 5:59pm
Download is up in the first post!!!
WaRHore View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 6:00pm
What up Nooty nuts sounds sweet can't wait to see it for PS3
Nootsac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nootsac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 6:14pm
wtup Vtek . Ill be hosting a server around 9 eastern if ur interested in testing this with me. make sure u grab the download beforehand.  It literally is a 10 second download so i dont want to here excuses from anyone :P  see ya tonight
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 2:10am
would like to report that Noot & I tested ONS earlier this evening and it is awesome! a bunch of small tweaks made to the gameplay that makes WARFARE much more interesting and enjoyable.
i love the Bio Rifle changes as well as the linking up.
dodge jump works, Hellbender Rear gunner charge works, Spider Layer works, ability to stand on top of the Manta works, Scorpion Primary fire works (there were lighting issues for the projectile in Downtown, it looks like a huge green blob lol, but only in that map & it still functions fine). Lightning gun works. Vehicle kickback was improved, noticeably lol.
This is a great mod and i cant thank you enough Noot for the time and effort you're putting in to bring us this content.

on a side note i did notice that when shooting the Lightning gun, it makes no noise. oh well, guess it'll be that much harder to locate me when im poppin heads off!!! LOL
wikkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote wikkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 7:57am
On the PC version the lightning guns sound is tide to Ambience Volume, so if you have them turned off you won't hear it.
Not sure if it does that with the ps3 though because i haven't played ons on there before.
Nootsac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nootsac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 11:54am
good point wikkid. I usually only have the sound effects on when playing so I will be sure to test the lightning gun with ambient sound on to see if it makes a difference.

Ill put the server back up tonight to see if anyone shows, so to those who haven't downloaded this yet it only takes 5 mins to download and install. You mine as well get the map pack too while ur at it :)
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by wikkid

On the PC version the lightning guns sound is tide to Ambience Volume, so if you have them turned off you won't hear it. Not sure if it does that with the ps3 though because i haven't played ons on there before.

that could be it, i play with only my SFX on so ill try the ambience
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 6:32pm
I got it downloaded and I'll install it sometime either tonight or tomorrow.  I got school work, which I'll attend to in about two hours from now, so I'm not sure if I'll get on tonight.
TyroneJester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TyroneJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 7:54am
is there any way of getting them new wepons as a mod so that you can play them in other game types?
You Have To Look Good!
Too Kill Good!
Nootsac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nootsac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 1:42pm

Not as of now but I will see what i can do. Im not promising anything though :P

Post Reply Post Reply