| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How many folks use Wifi / Wireless?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote grog_grog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many folks use Wifi / Wireless?
    Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 3:50pm
I'm curious as to how many of you use the wifi on your ps3 when playing UT3?  I do, and I think it does my abysmal ping no good.  But otherwise I have to move the cable modem or run 100feet of ethernet.
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 3:57pm
i use wireless
name_is_clantag
MEGA_-TrON- View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MEGA_-TrON- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 4:05pm
I use a power line adpt. Thing works great and I get a better % then wireless
grog_grog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote grog_grog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 4:07pm
interesting.

is there a good way to measure your ping anyway?  I only see it on some servers.
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 4:54pm
you can see it when there DM room is with 5 players or less i believe. on a TDM ctf vctf wtc room u can see your ping if your team has 5 or less players
name_is_clantag
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 5:19pm

yup, i use wireless too,.

yup, yor rigth, you never have a good ping when you use the wirreles, for me, i can't use MIC when i'm using Wireeles, cuz i alwasy have 7% of signal.
i need to make an so long Ethernet cable. yup.

like the pic: Conection settings:
internet connection: activated
Connection mode: Wireless
Signal level: 7%

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 5:57pm
I use Wireless, my PS3 is position almost directly above the router (PS3 upstairs, router down) and I often get 95% strength. No idea what it is during an average game though, I don't check.
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by JakeT111

I use Wireless, my PS3 is position almost directly above the router (PS3 upstairs, router down) and I often get 95% strength. No idea what it is during an average game though, I don't check.

95%? ohhh man, i hate you, if i want to get that signal i need to move my PS3 on the, mmmm, idk how can i tell you this site in english, well, near in the kitchen (where my family stays to chat there, LOL). but yeah, i need to move my PS3 and connect the ethernet cable. Cry 

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 6:55pm
WiFi.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 8:53pm
When I used wifi, I had 80% signal strength. I had issues with my mic and getting disconnected from servers nightly. Now I'm wired and my mic problems have disappeared and my connectivity has improved immensely. That 20% signal strength increase doesn't sound like alot but it made a big difference.
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 9:11pm
Rudy_D3,

If you have your PS3 near your router or broadband, then you have a better connection. In my house, my signal strengh is 35 to 47 percentage in my bedroom. When I move my PS3 to the basement, it boost up to 65 percentage. If I move my PS3 to the family room, my signal strengh will be in the 90's.

Back to the topic. Yes, I use wireless/WIFI.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 9:35pm
wifi here 

Im 10-15 ft away, distance matters, i want to get wired though.  I suck so anything to gain an edge
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2009 at 10:54pm
im wireless too, same room 
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 1:39am
Originally posted by OneMan1Army

Rudy_D3,

If you have your PS3 near your router or broadband, then you have a better connection. In my house, my signal strengh is 35 to 47 percentage in my bedroom. When I move my PS3 to the basement, it boost up to 65 percentage. If I move my PS3 to the family room, my signal strengh will be in the 90's.

Back to the topic. Yes, I use wireless/WIFI.

yup man, i know, but my room is so far to the router, and my home has too much walls, for that the signal provied me minimun 7%, max 15%. if i move my ps3 near of the router i got 100%, but i prefer to conect it with ethernet, cus the standar for the wireless are on 54 mbps and the ethernet is more than 100 mbps.  yup. Ouch

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 1:44am
Originally posted by SRC_ROLLTIDE

im wireless too, same room 

cool, i got once my router in the same room long time ago, but i changed of ISP and i got another new, and the router are so far of my room now, i can't play a lot of time cuz my family always watch sports there. Cry

but, i need an amplifier for the wireless.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 2:59am
WiFi user. FREE ONLiNE
PSN:Imaginative
daaBOMB View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote daaBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 8:26am
i use a wireless connection in england and its good :) ping is just under 100 on a bad day it goes 2 about 350 max
but i'm on holiday at the moment (using a wireless connection) in Dubai and my f-in connection is terrible!! ping on a gud day is 350 and on a bad day goes up 2500 - usually around 700 i'm playin ova here....soooo not playing gr8 at the moment *tear
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 8:35am
I use wifi... On about 23% coz I'm really far away from my router.
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 10:16am
I used to be wireless. I don't know what my ping was at the time. I ran about 80ft of Cat5 through my house and wired mine up. I lag so much less now and my gameplay has improved. I also notice a difference if any of the other pc's in the house are on and robbing bandwidth.
XTERMNATR View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
It's MY Darkwalker!

Post Options Post Options   Quote XTERMNATR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 11:15am
im wireless and recommend spending the money and get a decent router
i have a dlink from gamer lounge and cant complain also there are different ports that i opened up that can help also
"people living DEEPLY have no fear of death"- anais nin
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by DSX_Rudy_D3

like the pic: Conection settings:
internet connection: activated
Connection mode: Wireless
Signal level: 7%

Here's mine! xD

TyroneJester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TyroneJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 4:32pm
i use wired but i get 100% anywhere in in the house with wireless
You Have To Look Good!
Too Kill Good!
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by JakeT111

Here's mine! xD

cool man, i need an amplifier for get that kind of signal. Cry
but this time i'm playing in ethernet. and my connection is better.

but the problem is that the TV that i'm using now is not widescreen, and i can move mine from my room  Cry

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
ffrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ffrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 4:41am
I've played wireless since day one, with a signal strength of around 50-60%. I've never had any major issues on any of the games I play.

A good (normal) ping for me is around 150-250, anything over that and I have to change my gaming style/weapons selection to match the lag, which can be a challenge but often fun. I rarely get a game with a ping of under 100.

sickboogiemurder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 4:51am
WiFi is unplayable tried it once i couldnt get less then a 150 ping from servers in my own state and i had a 60% connect

the only reason i'd ever use wireless net is if i was traveling other wise im wired
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>