Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General > Quake Live
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

controller with quake

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
[qM]
[qM]

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: controller with quake
    Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 11:56am
download a program called xpadder for your pc and you can set it up very easily to use a controller in quake live. i made an alt account and have been practicing with a controller a little bit for the release of quake 3 arcade. anyone else that wants to get some quake controller practice should try this
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 2:29pm
lol epic fail dead
name_is_clantag
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 2:32pm
lol why remy
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 2:57pm
QL with a pad? thats crazy LOL
name_is_clantag
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 3:24pm

yea i know what you mean, i prefer kbm in any situation especially with a game like quake live, but i dont have a console and its good practice with a controller. if i can get adept with it on quakelive should be all set for quake arena arcade when that comes out.

i still play most of the time with kbm though
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 6:29pm

how's strafe jumping on the pad? lol

name_is_clantag
Frag416 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Frag416 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 4:41pm

since QL isn't optimized for pad usage it makes it somewhat more difficult to use especially because the xpadder program does not have a turn acceleration function and does not allow you to hit 2 buttons at once which means you cannot strafe jump and hold down fire which sucks for LG and plasma on top of that you cannot RJ properly but this can be fixed by creating a macro for a button to simultaneously jump and shoot

the strafe jumping works but you will never get as fast as you could with a mouse and KB unlike on the dreamcast version which was optimized for controller and made strafe jumping a breeze but either way playing on a pad is fun and not impossible (i win most dm games since there full of scrubs anyways) but when playing on vertically based maps (especially in CA) you are f***ed because you just cant accuratly aim 360 degrees as fast as a mouse can
 Post Reply Post Reply