Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

West Coast Players....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: West Coast Players....
    Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 11:38pm
I have a test server up and they tell me it is in San Ramon but I'm getting a much lower ping than I would expect and the IP tracer is telling me it's really in Colorado...so can any west cost players that see this give it a whirl and tell me how it is for them?  I would like to know what your ping is, roughly where you are and if you experience any lag.

It's in Duel mode and is called iamgamingcom (they named it wrong so eventually it will be called iamgaming.com_WEST)

Thx!
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
sickboogiemurder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 11:42pm
I'll go in it right now anyone want to join me?
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 11:44pm
I wish I could but my children have hijacked the TV for the evening...maybe in another hour or so I'll be able to get in there.
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
Ewokk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ewokk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 11:55pm
I can give it a try in an hour or 2 :)
Dear CTF,

I know I have been spending a lot of time dueling lately, but you will always be my first love.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 12:04am
WOPR, put it in warfare or vctf. When the room gets full, it will be obvious to the west coast players. Or put if on 4 vs. 4 in warfare or vctf so the ping will show.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 12:16am
i wanna tryyy
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Pinnacle

WOPR, put it in warfare or vctf. When the room gets full, it will be obvious to the west coast players. Or put if on 4 vs. 4 in warfare or vctf so the ping will show.

It's only a 4 slot server, plus the idea was to use this for the duel tourney so that's why I put in duel.

If this works out I'll get 2 more...one for Central and one for East for the tourney...that way there should be a mutually acceptable server for everyone plus an added bonus that I can participate without having the issue of playing on my own server.
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 12:27am
Well  I'd really like to test your server out but everyone that keeps joining either get's signed out or they leave.  I even got signed out first time all day.
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 12:35am
Hmmmm.....That's weird....
hcruiix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hcruiix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 12:46am
i pinged 40 ish if im not mistaken nd i live in california in tha san fernando valley. nd i didnt get signed out like them otha dudes.
psshhhh...yea i killt ya....how bout ya justify my thug!!!
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 1:08am
yeah i got signed out but its prolly psn thats acting up in general. I live in San Jose and i ping 20 WOO
name_is_clantag
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 1:58am
Cool, yeah I don't think it would be the server signing people out.  After doing some traces of my own (instead of using that web based IP geoloc crap) it looks like it ends up in San Jose so yeah 20 ping sounds about right.  I haven't been able to play on it yet but even to me (in Wisconsin) it's floating between 75-150 with 4 people in it, which isn't horrible for being that far away.

I'm still working with them to get the name changed to what it should be so it'll go up and down when they bounce it.  That's the only problem with these guys is they don't have their interface worked out as well as midnightgaming....but midnightgaming doesn't offer many choices for the server's physical location like these guys do so I'll have to deal with it until they get it fixed.
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 2:06am
It runs pretty decent, it's definetly better then your other host's.  I ping around 30-50 very nice compared to 130-180. What server company did you go through?
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 2:23am
Good deal!

This is from 'Art of War'.  http://artofwarcentral.com

The other cool thing was I think midnight gaming rents a minimum of 10 slots which is way more than I need for this purpose.  A 4 slot server was only 8 bucks on a month to month...if you sign up for a year it goes down to around 5 I think...so you can't beat the price.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 2:24am
Are the servers 80 tick or less?
I'm wondering if their NY location's better ping for me
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 2:27am
nice wopr. im near hcruix so i should have 40 ping too
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 2:43am
ArtOfWarfareCentral.com has so far impressed me the most just because they have a CA host.  Drokun they have a 3 day trial you can use to test out if its better or not.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 2:44am
yeah but i'd have to use my dad's creditcard
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 2:46am
Personally I don't believe the advertisement about different tick rates for PC hosted PS3 servers....I don't think that it matters.  For PC to PC yes, but as far as I can tell tick rate is not configurable for PS3 hosts.  I could certainly be wrong but there are a lot of less complex options that have no affect for the PS3 so I kind of doubt that tick rate works.  Seems like just another way to get more money to me.

Yeah NY would probably be better for you Drokun.  If this one works out (which it seems to be so far) then I will get one there as well.  I was paying 20 bucks more a month for added bandwidth to host more servers and ever since I did that people have been telling me the duel servers took a nose dive so hell if I can rent 3 maybe 4 for the same price and I can please almost everyone in the whole US and some in EU then that seems like a better deal.  Plus then I can have my PC back to play games on! ;)

@ Foebia, yeah man I hope so!  Let me know if you try it out.

Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 2:52am
I'm planning on renting a 6 player server soon from them for like a year cause it will only be like $70! Remember that if anyone uses this hosting website make sure you told them who referred you to them, *cough cough Nerd3 cough cough* that person will get $25 credit which will help out keeping the servers alive!
GohansSoul View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GohansSoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 3:21am
im ganna buy a west coast sever soon for ctf tho so looks like im ganna buy from this website cuz i dont kno any other 1 based in cali
Ewokk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ewokk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 3:24am
Ah i was gonna tRi the server but I don't see it up.
Dear CTF,

I know I have been spending a lot of time dueling lately, but you will always be my first love.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 9:39am
Thanks alot WOPR!!! That's all we need, Phantaci, Remy, SickBoogie and the other great players from the west coast getting a better ping. Like they're not good enough already. I hate you WOPR!!!!!
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 11:43am
UT revenge of the west!
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 2:03pm
Yeah the server is named right but is also locked now for some reason....so far the guys there don't really seem to know what they are doing! lol!  Apparently I'll have to walk them through it ;)

Yeah I know BAIN lol I wasn't thinking straight...If phantaci can whoop me on my own host while he ets 200 ping just imagine on 40....what have I done!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>