| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

team stacking or playing with friends??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: is it called team stacking or playing with friends?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
13 [29.55%]
26 [59.09%]
5 [11.36%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Noob
Noob
Singing Butters

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote LiL_killa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: team stacking or playing with friends??
    Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 9:46pm
haha what do you guys call it????
........sup
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 9:47pm
playing with friends, hate on it!
NecroBeestiality View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 10:56pm
AWESOME. Man that is some wit you have.
House Music All Night Long

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
JDog_OwNz View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote JDog_OwNz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2009 at 10:58pm
playin with freinds... although A-R. lol jk
Adios, the last farewell
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 12:38am
Lol.. I'm actually pretty surprised at the poll's results, thus far.  I honestly don't know what to call it, though sometimes imo, I think it also has to do with being stuck on the other team, since both have either equal or the lesser team has more people, albeit more noobs/ idlers.  That's actually happened to me a few times.  I'll try to switch mid-way through the match, only to be stuck on my team.  However, I usually don't switch during matches, especially towards the end.  Usually, I'd rather win or lose with the team I started with.  The only way I'd consider it is if I realize they're short of players or deserve better and sometimes, I don't even realize that the other team has fewer players, until the end. (I don't check the scoreboard all the time.)

Btw.. sometimes I feel like calling it "team-stacking" and that's definitely not limited to AR, but usually, it's UT3 for me.  If it bugs me enough, I'll leave and go play something else or another server, though usually switch modes (usually to either DM or TDM, sometimes to Duel or Warfare, depending on the mode I was in), once I leave.  Rarely, (this was more common in the past though) I sometimes get pissed enough to just flat out go offline (take it out on the bots, explore the maps more (solo), or mess around with mods (Relics + Titans + Castle-12 (a VDM map) ftw)) or quit.
LAWL_SHOCKZ View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote LAWL_SHOCKZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 12:50am
SRC is a good example of friends playing, mainly because we'll be "stacked" in pub games...and we always lose LOL then again we always lose clan matches too...maybe thats just it...we suck...nvm continue discussion
yup. i'm done.
NecroBeestiality View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 1:05am
8 on 5 is team stacking. there is no way around that. if i am playing with heavenly guys, and we are dominating games, i will do it 2 games max. that is plenty of time for jokes before spreading the wealth. my views on team stacking have changed because if I do it for 2 games before switching, who is to say I am right and the person who does it 3 or 4 games is wrong. I still get angry when I get destroyed by a cast of AR guys game after game but I try to channel it somewhere else because I know someone else feels that way about my guys sometimes. Also, I try to remind myself that it isn't their fault they are more experienced than my self. They have played longer, they shall own. Thats just the way it be sometimes. There will come a day where I rarely get owned in VCTF. At the disgusting rate I am playing it, it can't be more than a year off.
House Music All Night Long

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 2:19am
Neither. Don't matter who I play with or against, I just want a fair game meaning no team stacking.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
GohansSoul View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GohansSoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 2:35am
playin with friends is cool and same for playin with team mates but in ctf if all of tri goes 2 red side then blue side is pretty much f***ed lol thats y i hate playin with AR in vctf
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 2:39am
ay yo wats ur beef? jk lol
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 10:16am
I think people perceive more team-stacking than there actually is. It's hard to control which side a good player is going to be on when they are the 16th player to enter the game. Alot of it is just random. And playing with friends is one of the main reasons I'm still into UT3!!! How can you fault someone for doing that?
What get's me mad is when you're on the losing side and your team mate with 0 or 1 points is trying to switch to the winning side.
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 10:46am
Depends...If talent is involved it's team stacking.  If its average players its playing with friends?
I think team stacking is when it's 2 or 3 players more then the other team.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 11:01am
side A = skill vrs side B = noobs will always be team stacking, you can try and call it what you want..

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
wikkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote wikkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 11:12am
Originally posted by BAIN

What get's me mad is when you're on the losing side and your team mate with 0 or 1 points is trying to switch to the winning side.
It shouldn't though, that is one less sh*tty player on the losing team and also gives one of the better players on the winning team a chance to switch to even out the game...
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 11:14am
but they are to busy playing with "friends" harmerty, lol they wont switch xDD

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 11:22am
Originally posted by wikkid

It shouldn't though, that is one less sh*tty player on the losing team and also gives one of the better players on the winning team a chance to switch to even out the game...
I don't want them to switch. I just want them to quit pushing the switch teams button, play, help the team and maybe learn something.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 2:38pm
Its playin with friends if both teams have equal people, but when you join and you have 4 bots on your team, and the other side is almost all one clan, then its team stacking!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
sickboogiemurder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

side A = skill vrs side B = noobs will always be team stacking, you can try and call it what you want..

I agree with envy 100% here doesn't matter if you are "playing with friends" it's still team stacking.  Sure I like playing with my friends too but as soon as the teams become uneven in any way, skill or players, I'll switch or atleast try to.  I've had people get butt hurt that I was trying to switch honestly I don't care I just like to have fun and when I can't do anything on my team because there are already to many good players on it I will switch regardless of who's on the team.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by wikkid

Good point! I never thought about it like that before, getting rid of the **** is always a good idea.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 5:19pm
Ok, I'm surprised by the results of this poll.. Unless people are trying to be funny..
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 5:43pm
i say it's team stacking even spagender when he was playing  with friends if the other team was short handed he would switch to the other team, and plus if the other team is winning every map and it's like 5-0 thats team stacking someone should switch but on the other hand if both teams are stacked and the score is 5-0 then some people aren't doing what they should be doing
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 6:16pm
depends how many friends you have.
if the whole team consists of your 'friends" thats stackin
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2009 at 6:18pm
too many opinions on the matter.  I say this.. if ur on the winning side and you've won two games in a row too easily then it's time to mix it up a bit.  This is where some superstar teams get it wrong.  I like playing with friends but that doesnt guarantee a win or a loss so that's not really much of an excuse.  play the game and if there's no challenge on the whole for the team it's time to even it out a bit.  I don't wnjoy 3-0 games over and over again no matter what side I"m on.. now a tie with a winning point in overtime is thrilling.  but again that's just me.
sickboogiemurder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 3:59am
Originally posted by FoeBia

Thats how they roll, with a whole team of friends.
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 4:01am
Originally posted by sickboogiemurder

Originally posted by FoeBia

Thats how they roll, with a whole team of friends.

hey bud
PSN:Imaginative
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>