FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

my conclusion (long read)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my conclusion (long read)
    Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 7:53pm
So I know this might anger some people but here it goes.
Im going to use envy as an example hopefully he doesnt mind. (only player I can think of that wouldnt mind) (envy i dont think u suck)

I need to know why some people refuse to play tdm or ctf.

Lets take envy. Hes a great warfare player (some say the best idk).

However you him up against some tdm players, and they would be like man this guy is TRASH. Even

more so if the people didnt know envy for his wf glory. However lets say Phantaci enters a warfare

he would do better in warfare than envy did in tdm. He could defend a node on foot because more

than likely hes a better killer than every other warfare player. And phantaci if he liked warfare could

probably become a better warfare player than envy, if he just knew what envy knew. So what Im

saying is killing skill is not something most vechicle mode player have. So when they enter a mode

that is only killing skill they do terribad. In fact if envy had the killing potential of Pawweezy he

would be untouchable. However how can envy get better at killing? By playing the same mode over

and over? Hell NO, he'd have to play dm or duel.

Take vctf for example, there are some people who's only goal is to beat AR. News flash AR has guys

like help and chris. And from my experience chris is the top vechicle mode player on foot ( in vctf).

So even if you know what chris is gonna do and where he is gonna go, he will still score. Why

because when you chase him he kills you everytime. The only way to stop him is to have some

heavy D (like whole team camping) or have someone that is a better kill than him with jumpboots.

Your not going to find a vctf player like that though. You will only find duelers and dm players with

more fragging skills than him. Same goes with qwest. You cant stop what you cant kill.

What made those two better than everyone else? They decided to play duel and ctf.

You can tell that it works.  Im just saying vctf players have been playing the same mode forever.

Your not going to beat anyone that you havent beaten unless you can outfrag them. If you both

know the same thing it goes down to fire power.

As far as ctf players go.... People wonder why guys like penguin,bumrush, or myself can get a mega kill and score the flag. They wonder why you can have phantaci and penguin camping and bumrush can still kill them both and make it out the flag rooom. The very top players in anymode dont play just one mode. In every mode except warfare the top players are good duelers, or atleast duel (dm as well).

CTF players wont get better at ctf by playing just ctf. vctf players with vctf. warfare players with warfare. There comes a point when everybody knows everything about a mode.  For instance me vs paw, i know where he goes and what he does. and he knows me. when in that situation, it comes down to fraggin skills.

so do yourself a favor play some duel, and if dont like waiting play dm.

and envy im not sayin you play the same mode, as i see you in other modes. but i needed a name.

RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 7:58pm
Posted a great point but iono if people would actually have the integrity to do that.
name_is_clantag
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 8:10pm
I've played duel and dm quite a bit. It gets boring tho.

I agree with your post, you can't catch what you can't kill... you speak the truth here but some people reli don't care about whether they are good or not.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Danjel8

I've played duel and dm quite a bit. It gets boring tho.

I agree with your post, you can't catch what you can't kill... you speak the truth here but some people reli don't care about whether they are good or not.
than they need to be in a guild or whatever doesnt do matches.
but they shouldnt be in a clan
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 8:20pm
Its up to them what they do tho!

It's jus a game, not a career. People don't need to get better, just like the don't need to play custom maps or new modes.

Maybe I'm crazy but if people enjoy doing stuff then its definitely the first step to opening up new options to them within the world or ut3. Find a way for someone to enjoy duelling i.e not a 10/-1 thrashing and people would play it.
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 8:21pm
Nice post Phant, its the truth.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
krzys773 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Massacre Monster

Post Options Post Options   Quote krzys773 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 8:36pm
All that stuff phantaci said is so true.I used to suck at killing people but a while back,I decided to play ctf and more duel.It really does help you out a lot in other modes.
Nissan SiLViA
Nissan 300zx
Yamaha Yzf R6
    <3
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Danjel8

Its up to them what they do tho!

It's jus a game, not a career. People don't need to get better, just like the don't need to play custom maps or new modes.

Maybe I'm crazy but if people enjoy doing stuff then its definitely the first step to opening up new options to them within the world or ut3. Find a way for someone to enjoy duelling i.e not a 10/-1 thrashing and people would play it.
That's my thought exactly, It's a GAME & not a CAREER.  I've dueled more then i ever have before & i'm still average.  If you're not having fun in a mode then you probably shouldnt be playing it. 
AK-47-D-MAFIA View Drop Down
Team AK-47
Team AK-47

Post Options Post Options   Quote AK-47-D-MAFIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 9:11pm
phantaci, i totally agree with you. I pla CTF VCTF and DUEL, and it does help alot in many areas of each mode
“The fool says in his heart, ”There is no God.” (Psalm 14:1)
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 9:13pm
thats why im into dueling now because i agree 100% on this. thats why when i get back on the ps3 ill be playing mostly DM or duel. i know thats the only way ill be getting better.

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 9:14pm
Who says it has to be a career? Why cant u guys do it just so u guys can be better in the game u love so much?
name_is_clantag
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 9:29pm
Awsome post phantaci.
I will start dueling ASAP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 9:32pm
but the reason why i dont really want to play ctf is because in the pubs all you see in camping the flag. i get so tired of it id rather go enjoy a mode where camping isnt allowed like in warfare or DM. these are my two fav modes for that reason alone. vctf is about the worst when it comes to the camping problem. all the vehicles and armor/xtra health are pretty much all around the base. all this does is support camping and players use this to sit back and just kill to boost up thier stats. most players in this mode dont even use the vehicles to attack, they use them to camp for the most part. vctf has to be the biggest noob fest mode there is in this game. its so flawed in the lay out as is and then players dont use the vehicles properly. ctf is the same way for me. all i see is 6 players waiting by the flag just waiting to cap on that 1 player grabbing it. 90% of the time they wont even fire at you until you grab it. i dont know how many times ive witnessed that. this is the reason why i feel "pub wise" warfare is and will always be the best mode for anyone to play.

EnVy must be earned"
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 10:06pm
yeah ut3 is more fun when you beat someone so bad they don't say gg.

and envy I agree with ctf and vctf noobness
sickboogiemurder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by RemY

Who says it has to be a career? Why cant u guys do it just so u guys can be better in the game u love so much?

Listen to him he speaks the truth!
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 11:00pm
yeah good post phantaci its the truth most ppl hate to go into another mode and lose because of their E-rep...example when i go into a vctf match and noticeable pubstars are in the room they hate to admit i did good or scored on them cause im reverendcrow they hate to admit it so they come on here sayin oh how they fragged me once or twice (kinda like some f** did sayin he "owned" me on downtown) anyways i dont care if u fragged me in ur mode i scored ur flag without needing my teams help or i took down this node by myself and potentially saved my teams failure but when they come into our foot modes they cant do worth **** here comes the E-rep they only play there safety mode where ppl think they are good

as far as you crybabies sayin it doesnt matter its not a career well then f*** it WOPR should just shut down this site you guys obviously dont need it at all u just come in here to cry about things WOPR shouldnt put up his own money to run a tourny for you guys either yes its nto a career of course not but its a game we all love and with your failed mentality its exactly why this community has gone downhill
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 12:04am
no rev i play all modes now and always did. i just liked warfare the best and at the time of its peak, thats all i played. they had the best games in this game. 8v8 and no camping was allowed, u just cant do it and win. its as simple as that. ctf is total trash now, but in a 4v4 its one of my favs to play. i like ctf but not pubs. im going to be dueling pretty much 90% of the time when i return...

EnVy must be earned"
aceoblivion View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 12:14am
I played alot of ctf tonight, was fun games but I couldn't get on my hoverboard and when I tried, some crazy disc thrower came up. Oh wait, that was in a pub and I'm not supposed to be having fun in a pub. SORRY! I'm not supposed to be playing out of my comfort zone either, SORRY again. Good games to everyone in ctf tonight, and it was great seeing you on Phantaci.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 12:24am
Originally posted by aceoblivion

I played alot of ctf tonight, was fun games but I couldn't get on my hoverboard and when I tried, some crazy disc thrower came up. Oh wait, that was in a pub and I'm not supposed to be having fun in a pub. SORRY! I'm not supposed to be playing out of my comfort zone either, SORRY again. Good games to everyone in ctf tonight, and it was great seeing you on Phantaci.
yeah ace we gotta hook up more often.
i still remember that serenity match from way back when
NecroBeestiality View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 1:10am
I am well aware that playing foot modes will translate directly into improving my vctf game. Even knowing that, I find my self leaving a CTF or DM game after one or two rounds. I just love the super calculated and deliberate approach to VCTF that I can't get in DM or duel.

Its crazy because I know how much I could improve in VCTF by playing foot modes but I just can't stop playing VCTF. I can see my self really exploring and memorising all the intricacies of each VCTF map before moving on to other modes.....thats how much I like it. I know that sounds retarded to many multi-moders but it is just the way I am.
House Music All Night Long

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 3:18am
its a good post and true. Rev ur wrong, most vehicle players preffer not to go into other modes simply because they find no fun in it - ive even heard a lot of footmodes players say the same thing "i dont play vehicles because its not fun". I play every mode, i just play warfare & vctf most of the time because A) most of my friends will be in there so we'll have some great laughs. and B) i like larger more open maps (guess its a fancy i picked up in UT99's huge DM & CTF maps lol). the reason i dont duel so much is because i get bored pretty easily with it, not because im afraid to lose. it something that you need to understand, that not everybody has fun in every mode and that should be ok. i know you play vehicle modes, but u spend most of your time in footmodes. why? probably because you find challenge, fun & friends in those modes. we aren't scared (except maybe Two_Fase =P and the noobs without mics lol). now i dont think that warrants the accusation of us being the cause of this games death.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 4:00am
(damn ps3 browser lol) ...as for the 2nd paragraph in ur post Rev. it really doesn't matter because it IS just a game. if you cant see the other point of view, at least accept that its ok for others to think that way. dont get bothered that people play UT3 casually and dont care if they're good or not.

In regards to this site, it has always been intended as a HOME for the community, a place where clans can have easy access with one another and where the players can come to relax and have a good time. This site was a GIFT to the community, it was team SMP's contribution to the game and community, remember that. When this site first opened as SMPUT3.com a few people wanted to send Aqua cash donations to help cover the cost of developing the site. He refused it and basically said the site is a gift. If WOPR has or has had a problem with the majority of people taking this to be a casual game played for fun, then he probably would've brought up the issue or not hosted the ladders/tourney at all.
A-R_siIIyy View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote A-R_siIIyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 4:49am
i never used to play Vctf ever,,,back wen i was in QcP we only played DM & Tdm,sometimes Ctf
you want lobster? huh,im thinkin burger king
GohansSoul View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GohansSoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 5:15am
great post...i suck at duel but i wanna learn so if any1 can help that would b nice
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 9:21am
envy no u didnt u never played any other mode besides warfare until past 6 months at most and 3 of them i havent been playing

tx no im partially wrong just like ur partially correct they find it boring because they cant do well in it they find it boring cause they hate losing i hear some of these people sayin oh yeah i played duel also...why is it that i never saw them when i played?

this website was made to bring the community together and its honestly done the opposite ppl were mroe together and had mroe matches before this site came along

example i garuantee when c***sucker strider ran his mouth in game before this site came up his clan got more matches then they do now when he runs his mouth here

when someone gets beat repeatedly in a mdoe they dont normally play and they get beat bad they are going to find it no fun cause they cant do jack **** in it so really..dont gimme that i find it boring cause they find it boring cause they dont know duel ...cause aparently like most of you put ..duel is just a kilin mode requries no skill or anything 

i do like mroe larger maps i hate playin sentinel it gets annoying playin diesel now cause of flak spam and i do like the larger maps from warfare and vctf but just cause someone fragged me from half way across the map with a sniper while i was tryin to do something or they fragged me with a vehicle doesnt mean that have skill and that i suck at that mode cause i can garauntee im most likely better than them the stupid mentality that people have just cause i get fragged once or twice in there mode and them thinkin they are top **** f***s them up bad when they step into our modes  and things dont get the way they planned

most of you know me and most of you know that i do play every mode most of you also hate admittin i play vehicle modes as much as i hate them i still play it so all these people who say they play multi modes why isnt that i have never seen them  ull see me more times in ur mode then ive seen u in mine
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>