Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

my conclusion (long read)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my conclusion (long read)
    Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 10:22am
You're a liar Crow!!!! I've never seen you in SnowReal!!!!!
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 11:02am
cause i dont play snowreal fool haha sup bain
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Do_Or_Die_420

Originally posted by Danjel8

Its up to them what they do tho!

It's jus a game, not a career. People don't need to get better, just like the don't need to play custom maps or new modes.

Maybe I'm crazy but if people enjoy doing stuff then its definitely the first step to opening up new options to them within the world or ut3. Find a way for someone to enjoy duelling i.e not a 10/-1 thrashing and people would play it.
That's my thought exactly, It's a GAME & not a CAREER.  I've dueled more then i ever have before & i'm still average.  If you're not having fun in a mode then you probably shouldnt be playing it. 

I agree with Phantaci, but also with DoD's post. I've spent a lot of time dueling but still lost like 10 - 0 to devil_a**ociate yesterday (I did kill myself once, not that it makes any difference). That's totally no fun, I only enjoy duels when there's some competiton. Ie. I at least get some kills.
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 1:02pm
i agree..
duels are mad fun when its someone you stand a chance with.
when your up against someone who you stand no shot against, it sucks.
but, that makes me try harder (and still fail) and want to get better to try and give
the great people some sort of challange.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by JakeT111

It's jus a game, not a career. People don't need to get better, just like the don't need to play custom maps or new modes.

Maybe I'm crazy but if people enjoy doing stuff then its definitely the first step to opening up new options to them within the world or ut3. Find a way for someone to enjoy duelling i.e not a 10/-1 thrashing and people would play it.
That's my thought exactly, It's a GAME & not a CAREER.  I've dueled more then i ever have before & i'm still average.  If you're not having fun in a mode then you probably shouldnt be playing it. 

I agree with Phantaci, but also with DoD's post. I've spent a lot of time dueling but still lost like 10 - 0 to devil_a**ociate yesterday (I did kill myself once, not that it makes any difference). That's totally no fun, I only enjoy duels when there's some competiton. Ie. I at least get some kills.

I offer help but i guess that doesnt interest people to give duel a chance. Why does it have to be in the weak player's point of view? Look at good player's point a view. How about YOU get better and give us competition because it's boring when you 10 - 0 someone over and over and over and over again. Even when i dont grab SB the whole match.
name_is_clantag
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by RemY

Originally posted by JakeT111

I offer help but i guess that doesnt interest people to give duel a chance. Why does it have to be in the weak player's point of view? Look at good player's point a view. How about YOU get better and give us competition because it's boring when you 10 - 0 someone over and over and over and over again. Even when i dont grab SB the whole match.

I added you already, remember? I messaged you about the help quite a few times but we never seem to find a time. It's not I don't want it. Also it's not as easy as simply "getting better", I've been playing UT every day for months and months and I still can't compete with many.
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 2:21pm
Well i forgot we tried to schedule something. take the initiative and keep sending me messages and such. Players like hcruix, greeny, tormentor, rican, and shewulph are prolly the most dedicated players i had worked with. They send me lots of messages about duels. I don't see people with that commitment.
name_is_clantag
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 2:23pm

Well i forgot we tried to schedule something. take the initiative and keep sending me messages and such. Players like hcruix, greeny, tormentor, rican, and shewulph are prolly the most dedicated players i had worked with. They send me lots of messages about duels. I don't see people with that commitment.

Believe me, I'm commited and do really want the help but I didn't wanna piss you off and end up with you not wanting to give the help. I thought you would've seen loads of messages as an annoyance rather than a show of commitment. I'm gonna be on soon (10 minutes or so) if you're up for it?
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 2:24pm
Alright i'll be on. It is best if you have questions ready when we get on ut.
name_is_clantag
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 2:27pm
I'm not really sure on any specific questions, what is it you've been helping others with / they have asked? I just want to really improve my game / aim across all modes, and dueling seems to be the best way to do this.
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 2:34pm
Players shot at me with some of these questions:
Is there certain steps in order to have map control?
How would you escape an opponent who is rushing at you when you spawn?
Any great tips for movement and dodging?

etc

What I like to do is just to sit n chat and just talk about duels and see if i can answer your questions.  After that go into a duel room and we play and I analyze your play and your mistakes. I usually need another trainer to help me analyze as well but rico and kali are away at the moment.
name_is_clantag
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 2:38pm
Ok, well dodging / map control tips would be cool and practice games / reviews sound great! :)

Going online now, you don't have to hurry if you're busy, I'll be on for a while.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 2:39pm
Play whatever you have fun playing. I used to play DM/TDM all of the time but it got boring. I rarely play it any more. Sure my killing skills have eroded but I have a blast playing Warfare, CTF and VCTF with or against friends. I think that's most important. If I want to get really competitive I can always try out for the Special Olympics!
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 2:40pm
the only way to aim better is to have better predictions on where ur enemy is going and that can only be done by practicing the mode look at the repetitive moves they make or how much damage uve dealt to them what time an armor is going up   where are they located on the map if its a good player they will go for that armor noobs usually leave the armor cause they are so dedicated on only going straight at the player which always leads to death basic rule for hunting/shooting always shoot at where they are going thats also called leading a target if theres a wall on the left side of ur target shot towards the right not at them.....
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 2:41pm

Players shot at me with some of these questions:
Is there certain steps in order to have map control?
How would you escape an opponent who is rushing at you when you spawn?
Any great tips for movement and dodging?

etc

What I like to do is just to sit n chat and just talk about duels and see if i can answer your questions.  After that go into a duel room and we play and I analyze your play and your mistakes. I usually need another trainer to help me analyze as well but rico and kali are away at the moment.
i can always join the chat room if u need remy ive offered plenty of times i obviously cant observe in game btu i can try and offer my help verbally as much as possible
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 4:08pm
thanks rev ill hit u up if i do need help. i just finished doing a little training with jake
name_is_clantag
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by I87_DEATHWISH

great post...i suck at duel but i wanna learn so if any1 can help that would b nice
i can help, duhh
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by CharlieScene

great post...i suck at duel but i wanna learn so if any1 can help that would b nice
i can help, duhh

whats your gamer tag, who are you?

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 6:32pm
Yeah, that makes sense imo..  That's kind of why I was asking for help, but my school work (which is finally done) is the main thing that's kept me off recently, so I can't be there to ask.  As for messaging, I'm generally not the type to use PSN messaging or PMs.  I'd rather talk through my headset than through messages.  Oh, and besides CTF, Greed, and Betrayal ( Cry ).. I play every mode.  Okay, that's actually about half, not counting custom modes, but still.
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 7:11am

thanks rev ill hit u up if i do need help. i just finished doing a little training with jake

thanks again rem, would def recommend this guy to anyone looking to improve their game. Thumbs Up
MEGA_-TrON- View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MEGA_-TrON- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 9:21am
MEGATRoN plays CTF, Vctf, Warfare
it's good to have all around skill, not one mode skill.

also good games ACE!!
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 10:08am
Originally posted by _EnVy_

i can help, duhh

Isn't it obvious? iAM_attentionseeking.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 1:41pm
when i get back i'll help those that are teachable.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 3:43pm

Originally posted by _EnVy_

i can help, duhh

Isn't it obvious? iAM_attentionseeking.

lol u cake im being serious

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 6:02pm
yo you don't necessarily need to play duel, to get better at killing on foot, imo. i've played DM,  a lil TDM, VCTF, WF and sometimes i've play CTF (very rare). And i was still able to do well in a against Foxy and bumrush under another screen name in a duel just to test my skills out, i didn't win, but i did pretty good. And on a separate occasion, i was playing TDM against those two and two others. under my Zellot name and my team won, and i got some awesome kills on foxy. so you don't really have to play duel to get better at killing on foot, and basically if you understand the weapons and stop just using rockets all the time) an actually learn how to use them right, hell you can get good at them in any mode.  for example i switch my primary weapon to flak, so when i go to the locker i have that first instead of rockets, cause i need to get better at the flak cannon right now, and then i'm learning the Shock Rifle, But i will admit, you can get better at shock combos and wall dodging playing duel.

also i agree with some people, i can only play DM,TDM,  and Duel ( the rare time i play it) for certain amount of time before i get bored, then i'm off to either vctf or WF, for some excitement.
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>