Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

my conclusion (long read)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my conclusion (long read)
    Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 12:10am
yeah i remember it? what about it? i told you everything honestly...
doesnt change the fact that we still never came to settling details about the match.
so u can go try that **** else where because i dont give a **** and i know where your trying to go with this. what would jesus do? lmao xDDDD

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 2:45am
Originally posted by _EnVy_

yeah but they make rules where you can only dominate with armor and health and map knowledge. they say you cant use UD/berserk. so its flawed/limited right there. so what if i spawn with an enforcer wanting the UD and you have 200 shield and 150 health while you have every weapon. imo that isnt true skill in my book.

So ur saying u think Amp should be allowed? If so, the person who is in control of the map is able to spawn rage for 30 seconds. Getting frags with that makes things 10x as easy than it really should. Allowing a person to get that stacked is only your fault lolol. Besides shield = 100 armor. Full flak is 160 dmg. now add amp with that now that's epic lulz. all you need to do is land one good shot and u dont have to worry about the SB. is it really that difficult to kill someone with sb? you just gotta play smart.

Think about it like this. The whole point they did not allow amp as a pick up is it create pressure on the player who's at a disadvantage. It forces the to think like this. "Oh **** what am i going to do? he's fn stacked!" Amp puts a whole different feeling "yay i got amp im unstoppable because my rockets do 200 dmg and my snipe does 140 dmg fear me!" its like saying redeemer should be allowed.
name_is_clantag
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 5:29am
Well, if we follow your motto, if 'they' get the UDamage or Deemer,.. like ya'll say, its 'Your' fault for letting them get it, play smarter, ..yada yada yada! all comes back to Salad Bar belief system, u take what you want, and.....
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 7:20am
be serious dude the person with map control is going to be dominate anyways if u cant grab the armor or shield belt do u think ur really gunna grab the udamage or redeemer? that is my ONLY flaw on warfare because i dont use the redeemer unless its in a dm or tdm and i only get it if i just happen to run in t it 

to envys post for the most part it would make u a bit more deadly vs vehicles if they try runnin u over u can dodge out the way ur able to stay on them more frequently then just sprayin around killin multi opponents isnt that hard duel teaches u to kill...and to make sure you kill them u play a mode with 100 health...if u get the right shots on everytime like duel would teach you takin down the group of kids should be no problem you have one ****ty mentality im disappointed in you envy
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 9:22am
i like duels with no armor no health no power ups, think its the most fair way of dueling. besides i dont have time in warfare to worry about all that nonsense. and i like remy's approach about his idea of duel than rev's. i just think rev got bored on the forums/e-net again lol. i know who im going to be talking to when i get back about duels because rev would just drive me crazy with his jibberish. i just have a lot to learn about those maps and i think ill be fine after a few weeks of dueling. im only looking to sharpen my overall big mode skills. and i feel duel can help me acheive that slowly.

p.s. the last time i checked UD only had 30 seconds and is extremely loud and easy to hear. wouldnt it make you a better player learning how to time these, or run/dodge from the player using it? i mean they do use these in big modes, we dont cry about them lol...

EnVy must be earned"
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 10:26am
Envy I know u just said you'd rather not play with armor, belt, etc. because its not as fair. How is that. Just because you have that doesn't mean its not fair.

You could grab all the armor in Deck and I'd still put you down. Plus its your fault if you don't grab it. Its kinda like you saying its unfair to use the Rocket launcher or Flak Cannon against the shock rifle.

If a noob has a shock rifle and I have rockets or flak he is a dead man and will probably say it was unfair, why did this happen. But then if I had the shock rifle and he had rockets or flak he would still get owned by me when really on a noob point of view he had the advantage on better weapons.

This whole game, no matter how you look at it will always be considered unfair. Its how gd u are and how far you want to take your game is how far you will succeed.

Wether you have an advantage because of a weapon, armor, headphones, kb/m, whatever the advantage is, its not our fault, not anyones fault but the persons fault that decides not to use any of those and looses all the time.

So I'm just saying you playing without armor will never teach you effectively how to hold your own. If you aint playing with armor then there is no map control, very lil if any and a lot less action over who gets what.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 10:45am
i know what your saying inc, but as a big mode player hunting down all of this armor in stuff isnt really going to help me being a better fragger in those modes. so i like to treat duel and pretty much have always treated it like i would be playing in warfare. i just let the players get anything they want in duel, i dont care because i know im only helping myself in doing so...

EnVy must be earned"
Black_star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black_star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 10:59am
The rules of duel are not something we just invented for this game. Duel has been played this way successfully for 10 years. Just adapt to it. It's how everyone feels when they first start dueling. Trust me....there are times when I felt like KaL1 had 1000 armor when I first started dueling. But you'll learn from experience that it isn't like that.
Sk-iller View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sk-iller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 11:28am
Warfare and VCTF are more about making the correct decisions, more about tatics, more about your team, less about an individuals fragging ability.
Put in a exclusive TDM player in an experienced Viehlce game and he'd be lucky to walk away with a single frag.  
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 12:08pm
I understand what your saying as well Envy but my point is I don't see how your gonna get any better at dueling if you don't get any armor and learn to fight for map control. Honestly if I have all the armor and you aint got **** Ima make a full charge at you all the time which will result in you dieing very quickly and possibly not even getting a shot off.

I just thank if u play it and try to whore everythang possible it will begin to fall in place without you thanking about it. That so called thang, comes naturally. I thank u being inconsiderate for yourself and not making yourself time the armors and pick them up will never help you out in dueling or be better on foot period.

Cause u know if you play any of the greats your strategy will never work to get one kill on us so that won't help you and you playing some noob you can demolish won't help u either since playing better players make you better.

Just try it Envy, u might see a difference. And I'm not dissing on you at all so don't take any of that the wrong way. Also what account you playing one these days, add me.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
NecroBeestiality View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 1:32pm

i like duels with no armor no health no power ups, think its the most fair way of dueling.

I have probably dueled less than 20 times but every time I play I wonder if I would enjoy it more with out the power ups. I understand knowing the maps is part of dueling but I duel to see where I stand with my foot skills, my aim, and my weapon selection. I don't duel to see who can find certain things on the map. Are there any servers with no powerups in duel?

I guess I don't duel for the love of it, I just duel to improve in other areas so relishing the duel maps to the point of learning where all their power ups are just bores me. Pardon the giant run-on.

No disrespect to the duelers but for people who just want to duel to improve in their favorite mode....that is where I am coming from.
House Music All Night Long

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by INCReMENTAL

I understand what your saying as well Envy but my point is I don't see how your gonna get any better at dueling if you don't get any armor and learn to fight for map control. Honestly if I have all the armor and you aint got **** Ima make a full charge at you all the time which will result in you dieing very quickly and possibly not even getting a shot off.

I just thank if u play it and try to whore everythang possible it will begin to fall in place without you thanking about it. That so called thang, comes naturally. I thank u being inconsiderate for yourself and not making yourself time the armors and pick them up will never help you out in dueling or be better on foot period.

Cause u know if you play any of the greats your strategy will never work to get one kill on us so that won't help you and you playing some noob you can demolish won't help u either since playing better players make you better.

Just try it Envy, u might see a difference. And I'm not dissing on you at all so don't take any of that the wrong way. Also what account you playing one these days, add me.

i could care less about being able to beat someone in a duel. that really doesnt prove anything to me and really show or prove someones true overall skill. just because you can frag well and know the maps and armor/health routes does not mean your a great player. just means you can duel. i just want to duel to become quicker on the draw and aim better. when u playing the big modes it doesnt take much to kill anyone or anything imo. everything is easy to kill to me. you just got to know how to do it. but i know that duel will sharpen my frag skills and better my weapon choices. thats why ill be playing it a lot when i return. i dont have a ps3 as of now, i got the yellow light disease lol.

Originally posted by NecroBeestiality

i like duels with no armor no health no power ups, think its the most fair way of dueling.

I have probably dueled less than 20 times but every time I play I wonder if I would enjoy it more with out the power ups. I understand knowing the maps is part of dueling but I duel to see where I stand with my foot skills, my aim, and my weapon selection. I don't duel to see who can find certain things on the map. Are there any servers with no powerups in duel?

I guess I don't duel for the love of it, I just duel to improve in other areas so relishing the duel maps to the point of learning where all their power ups are just bores me. Pardon the giant run-on.

No disrespect to the duelers but for people who just want to duel to improve in their favorite mode....that is where I am coming from.

i couldnt agree more with what you just said. these are the reasons ill be dueling a lot more. plus ill be dueling just so i can learn the maps for future tdm's and DM as well. i like these modes...a lot!

EnVy must be earned"
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 2:15pm
so envy, on maps with shield belts in warfare you don't get them?
onyx coast
torlan
sinkhole
just to name a few.
you mean to tell me on downtown you will pick up boots but not the vest?
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 2:24pm
i never go out of my way in any mode to grab the shield belt. maybe a DM or TDM because i know everyone will there to kill and will be trying to get it.

torlan = yes, only if i control center node and orb running. teleporting to center is easy and a must so i grab it if its there when i use the port.

sinkhole = depends on a lot of things really. but if i do i normally try and grab their belt and time the power up when i go to attack the core.

onyx coast = i dont waste my time with it on this map. u lose valuable time trying to go get it. i dont waste time over there at all so no, i dont grab it. maybe once when i was a noob i did...maybe i unno.

serenity = only if im orb running and teleported there and because i would want to grab the avril. but things like the big keg or the vest is pretty much wasted time. the vest maybe if im sneaking threw the woods and know there is a ton of players waiting on a manta or a camped tank sitting there.

downtown = boots is an obv, vest only if im defending their e prime and we just cleared a wave of players off. but i never go out of my way to grab it, waste of time...

warfare is a totally different ball game, to much going on to worry about small **** like a shield belt. if i wanted a shield belt, id grab one that i could fly with and that gives me unlimited ammo like a raptor or viper.

EnVy must be earned"
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 2:33pm
at downtown I'm talkin about vest on the roof.
now envy think about the times, you were denied because you only had 100 health.
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 2:33pm
Envy so are you saying us good duelers, just because were good duelers doesn't mean were good players?

I mean that's basically what you were saying, maybe I misunderstood. Because out of Phant, Kali, Paw, Rev, Me, Drokun, Ewokk, Blackstar, Greeny, Penguin, a**ociate, Maiden, Wopr, Remy, Rico, Deadaim and anyone else that's great that maybe I didn't mention. I just mentioned those cause I know they are beasts at most of the modes in this game which makes them a great player.

You need to understand if you are a good dueler, then your gonna be good at DM, TDM as well and good flag runners and flag killers. I mean it just comes natural. So I thank your wrong, just because your a good dueler doesn't make you a good player. Then tell me what does.

There is some thangs as a person called a all around good player and Ill admit I'm not one, why, cause I don't choose to be. I basically Duel, play DM and TDM and on occasion play CTF. I never said I was gd at vehicles but I still consider myself a gd player. Again not starting beed but I don't like the way you worded that.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 2:36pm
im not talking about players like you guys, we all know your good at what you do. im talking about the ma**es and myself. but if you want to know what i call a "great player"? being a all mode and all around player and having map knowledge, knowing the vehicles, vehicle placement, quickness, knowing team work, abusing tactics the right way, understanding strategy timing it and knowing when and how to execute it properly and efectively makes you a great player in my eyes. not just because you can sit there and 1v1 good or even great. that just makes you a good dueler imo. sure your a good player at what you do, but ut3 is to big for that...

Originally posted by FoeBia

at downtown I'm talkin about vest on the roof.
now envy think about the times, you were denied because you only had 100 health.

about that vest on roof. i only grab it if i just got the boots and 10 seconds away from the redeemer spawning. ill jump up there, grab the vest and then fall down grab the redeemer and jump right back up to fire it away.

but if i get denied, oh well then i spawn where i need to be and adjust to what i think i should be doing next. but i rarely get denied running the orb, no bull****. i mostly rely on quickness, timing and being stealth. and ok stop, enough with this "envy, please teach me your ways of warfare"...lol im not on your team xD

EnVy must be earned"
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 2:48pm
duel makes you good at half of the modes right at the start.
if dueler learned the routes they are great in vctf.
if they learn orb runs they will be better then the warfare only orb runner.

I can honestly say playin warfare did not help me at all.
except dodgin link gun shots.
vctf I can say helped me more.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 2:58pm
well then if warfare didnt help you, you were either bad with vehicles or dont care to use them. and maybe you dont want to play with team work and team strategy. i simply like warfare the best so all the modes help me to become a better warfare player. 

EnVy must be earned"
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 2:59pm
Okay Envy, lol.

Phataci, I agree.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 3:04pm
nah vctf helped me with vechicles.
theres no teamwork in pubs.
warfare just reminds me of a mode called conquest on another game I played.
borin as hell.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 3:10pm

nah vctf helped me with vechicles.
theres no teamwork in pubs.
warfare just reminds me of a mode called conquest on another game I played.
borin as hell.

yeah i say the same thing about pac-man, thats what i feel like im playing when im dueling most of the time. running around in a maze gobbling up weapons and pellets. FUN!!! FUN!!!! boring as hell to me too!! but i know dueling will help me and dueling friends is fun, so ill be playing duel a lot. i plan on playing all modes equally when i return. but then again we are all different in life, thank god! we have a choice and we all have different taste buds. we all just like different things. yay for that option in life =]

EnVy must be earned"
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 4:31pm

so envy, on maps with shield belts in warfare you don't get them?
onyx coast
torlan
sinkhole
just to name a few.
you mean to tell me on downtown you will pick up boots but not the vest?

sometimes there no time to go and get those thing cause it takes to much time for you to run and get those thing and then be able to run  attack or defend the node. but the jump boots are a must in warfare, helps out big time
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 4:34pm
envy ur full of **** no offence but really i play warfare without vehicles most of the time and i do just as good as everyone else that plays it hardcore style with vehicles when i play vctf im the flag runer so i cant use vehicles
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 4:36pm
reminds me of that Duelers vs Warfare thread on GB LMFAO. shock ballzz in there mouf indeed
name_is_clantag
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>