| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Custom Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WAR maps converted to vCTF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Nootsac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WAR maps converted to vCTF
    Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 11:19am
iAM_VCTFMapPack_1_Final includes:

MarketDistrict
Sinkhole
OnyxCoast
Avalanche
FacingWorlds

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 11:24am
onyx coast, because i cant play the war version :( my disc wont load it.
lol i'll try and find fase for you.
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 11:34am
That actually sounds pretty tight.. gives a new meaning to those maps and it will definitely attract allot of attention.

I think those 2 stock maps might be the only ones tho.. If you do vCTF on Torlan or other large maps, things will become complicated altho it sounds like allot of fun.
WaRHore View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 11:49am
I think sinkhole would be a great ctf map.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 11:51am
Torlan apparently already has a VCTF version, I think.  I could of sworn that I've seen one for it and Avalanche, albeit a crappy one. (I didn't really like VCTF - Avalanche, so maybe a better VCTF remake could be a request of mine.  The VCTF remake just seemed too damn small.. imo..)

Hmm.. Islander? (Now, if only you could cap the Air node in VCTF, so that you could be sure that your team is able to get the Redeemer and not theirs, unless they take the node back.)  Ehh.. Raptors = Midfield, I guess.. and I'm not exactly sure about the flags, though neither should be where the cores are, or at least the where that long stretch of electric(?) water is.

Also, lol.. I wonder if a VCTF-Hostile could work, because it'd be cool to be able to complete a match on that map, without it kicking everybody out.. or did they fix that glitch, on the PS3 version?
Nootsac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nootsac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 12:59pm
What do u guys think about putting a scorpion in the back of each of the "Core" builing on market district?  If that were to happen I would add avrils into the map also. Another idea is to put a kego-o-health up where the center node was.  Thoughts?
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 1:30pm
yeah those ideas are interesting noot :), would like to play some vctf market district. would be different.
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 3:53pm
yeahh, i'm agree, market district is a small map, may be for CTF, sinkhole too, serenity is bad idea to make it like VCTF, will be... Onyx coast, Islander and tank crossing maybe.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by DSX_Rudy_D3

yeahh, i'm agree, market district is a small map, may be for CTF, sinkhole too, serenity is bad idea to make it like VCTF, will be... Onyx coast, Islander and tank crossing maybe.
horrible idea for tank crossing unless u remade the map so you cant score over unless u have the tank ont he other side which then yeah it would be bad a** cause then ull have two objectives but u would still need a node to lower the bridge/s
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 4:01pm
avalanche vctf would own!!! and noot dont make any of the lop sided maps into vctf. they would suck really bad imo

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

horrible idea for tank crossing unless u remade the map so you cant score over unless u have the tank ont he other side which then yeah it would be bad a** cause then ull have two objectives but u would still need a node to lower the bridge/s

yeahhh, you right, i didn't think that point. Ouch

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Nootsac

What do u guys think about putting a scorpion in the back of each of the "Core" builing on market district?  If that were to happen I would add avrils into the map also. Another idea is to put a kego-o-health up where the center node was.  Thoughts?

You could also place it on the road behind the buildings or whatever, ala the Domination version of Market Square and use the space for another vehicle or Scorpion.  Alternately, the vehicle in the back area could easily be a tank, because it would fit, but that would probably be too much, for such a small map.. though Minotaur =/= a normal Tank..
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 10:51pm

yeahhh, you right, i didn't think that point. Ouch
no if you actually think about it thats a great f***in idea have both orbs and flag in the same game use the orb to complete this objective so ur able to get the flag over or something that would be kool/fun
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 12:30am
It sure would add a cool twist.  Which reminds me, any chance you guys are going to/ working on that VCTF/ Warfare hybrid Danjel thought of?  I'd love to see a dash of Warfare in my VCTF, if it all possible.  Even better, would be some of these map conversions supporting it..
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 4:15am

no if you actually think about it thats a great f***in idea have both orbs and flag in the same game use the orb to complete this objective so ur able to get the flag over or something that would be kool/fun

ohhh, you propose to mix Warfare with VCTF?
thats so sick man! and cool!  you can heal the nodes without the orb that will do this so interesting, but i think it will be like Kargo, a campers site, but will be great to play on 4v4.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Nootsac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nootsac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 10:31pm
Bump!!! check first post to download iAM Map pack 1
Nootsac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nootsac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 10:45pm
We are testing these maps now on a dedicated server if anyones interested
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 11:30pm

ohhh, so so thank you man, i'll check how looks that.

but really thanks. Big smile

Long life for you. Ouch

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 11:32pm
damn i wish i was there =[

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 12:55am
DOWNLOAD these bad boys when we put the finishing touches on them. maps are sick!!!! NOOT you are the man.
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 1:07am

ohhh, you propose to mix Warfare with VCTF?
thats so sick man! and cool!  you can heal the nodes without the orb that will do this so interesting, but i think it will be like Kargo, a campers site, but will be great to play on 4v4.

wow that's a sick idea indeed.  Impressive idea.  Crow I don't care what everyone says about you man.. I think ur ok lol ;P
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 2:16am
this file doesn't work in the PS3 man, can't be istalled.
Cry

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 10:51am
^^^go to the link and save the target.
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Nootsac

But they would be free to roam the landscape right? Sounds good cos u gotta have vehicles but what have u planned for the "prime node" as the focus of the bridge? manta or turret on rails? Or just leave it be with boots beneath and keg on top? BTW thanks for the content, i'll investigate.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 11:09am
So is the version that I downloaded last night the final version or will I have to download a revised map-pack?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>