FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Duel Tips from a qM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Duel Tips from a qM
    Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 12:40pm
headphones make the pros go round.
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 12:48pm
Sush, don't tell everyone, lol.

Its true...
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
ajax_jones View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote ajax_jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 12:51pm
I keep reading all these duel tips and tricks that you guys post. I understand how all of these strategies like 'timing the respawns',  'adapting to your opponents playstyle', and 'knowing when/where to use each weapon' can make a better dueler. It's good stuff.

However I can try to apply and master these tactics all day and barely get any better because I, quite simply, suck at aiming. I'll typically end up dying even after having the advantage of the first shot at someone's back because I can't follow it up with a kill shot.

I duel very rarely and I don't get to play every day, so I'm not looking to become a pro dueler or anything like that. I just want to know if there are some tips for those that have terrible aim, haha. Maybe they are already in one of these topics somewhere that I just missed.
AjaxJones
DorienO View Drop Down
Team KoZ
Team KoZ

Post Options Post Options   Quote DorienO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 1:21pm
foxy, your avatar is supa kawaii.  

more ?s,  let's see. 

are there any unspoken rules when dueling. 
big no-nos and some that may be frowned upon. 

cause last time i picked up the purple thingy  (dont know the name, but it amps your shooting powa)  and the other guy was like you can't do that.  and i was like why not, i didn't even get to shoot him or anything, Confused

Penetrating your defenses. The Penetrator...
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 1:22pm
What helped me with aim was instagib.  If you don't like instagib just host a room and use weapon replacement to have shock and sniper only.  If you play like that for a while your aim will get better.

Also if you've never tried playing with a mouse you should give it a try. 
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by ajax_jones

I keep reading all these duel tips and tricks that you guys post. I understand how all of these strategies like 'timing the respawns',  'adapting to your opponents playstyle', and 'knowing when/where to use each weapon' can make a better dueler. It's good stuff.

However I can try to apply and master these tactics all day and barely get any better because I, quite simply, suck at aiming. I'll typically end up dying even after having the advantage of the first shot at someone's back because I can't follow it up with a kill shot.

I duel very rarely and I don't get to play every day, so I'm not looking to become a pro dueler or anything like that. I just want to know if there are some tips for those that have terrible aim, haha. Maybe they are already in one of these topics somewhere that I just missed.
Im sure these guys will tell you exactly what you need to know. In the meantime you will have observed that basically everyone in UT3 has a favourite/preferred weapon. You should start there and master the primary/secondary fire on it. Sniper is the only ma** spawned weapon I can think of that doesn't have secondary fire but the zoom is its replacement. How its used for duels??? Might wanna tweak your settings and cursor too and perfect aiming b4 moving onto next weapon. A tip that is often missed is the arena mutator which allows you to select ONLY that weapon to be used in a game/on a map but you need to practice with bots (very limited but better for progression although I went straight into combat), host a game using arena or find a game thats running Arena mutator. Can't tell u more than that im a noobie at this too! Also I host Arena TDM from time to time for fun!
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by DorienO

more ?s,  let's see. 

cause last time i picked up the purple thingy  (dont know the name, but it amps your shooting powa)  and the other guy was like you can't do that.  and i was like why not, i didn't even get to shoot him or anything, Confused

Yeah no Udamage (the purple thingy lol), no redeemer, no invisibility, no berserk.  In heatray you do not get in the darkwalker!!  Using the flak cannon or Biorifle excessively usually gets people a little worked up as well.  Camping (sitting in one spot) for extended periods of time is also frowned upon...sitting still for 15 seconds cuz you are right by the shield belt and want to wait till it spawns is one thing...but sitting in a corner for minutes upon minutes waiting for the player to come around that corner so you can flak him in the face is not cool either....it makes for a boring game.
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 1:29pm
Also the purple thangy is called Damage Amplifier or on game referred to as Udamage, Double Damage, double d.

Unwritten rules persist on no Udamage and no Redeemer. Other then that its all game besides glitches and the obvious stuff.

You can Flak whore if you want but be ready to be called everythang in the book afterwards.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 1:31pm
Wopr you d***, I just wasted my time just cause you wanted 2 posts instead of 1. Lol, go hijack a thread somewhere else bro.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 1:36pm
ughhhhhhh i'm finally getting decent @ duel but OMG how do you top duelists remember all this??? so much thinking/process of elimination.......movement,proper weapon use (depending on the situation),super pick-ups,sound,predictability,keeping a tab on ur opponents health,knowing each weapons' # of dmg, etc etc OMG so Fn much! i have a LONG way to go to becoming top notch D: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by INCReMENTAL

Wopr you d***, I just wasted my time just cause you wanted 2 posts instead of 1. Lol, go hijack a thread somewhere else bro.
yea, hes a d!ck.Wink
lol, JK..im just mad that you KILLED me in those 2 duels we had.Cry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 1:38pm
Ouch

more ?s,  let's see. 

cause last time i picked up the purple thingy  (dont know the name, but it amps your shooting powa)  and the other guy was like you can't do that.  and i was like why not, i didn't even get to shoot him or anything,

Lol bet u felt stoopid!! Hey, I accidently picked up the redeemer in Deck the first time I dueled Shewulph. She told me earlier NOT to pick up power ups like damage amp - purple thingy, Super berserk - capsule thingy or redeemer - phalic thingy! Anyway I didnt know thwe map so when i realised what Id done I tried to find a spot and was going to waste it but a swallowed a couple of shock balls and a combo b4 respawning. Then I saw her msg me - no mics and I could tell she was p1ssed b4 I read the incoming. Im sure thats why I dont duel Confused Ouch
Anyway if you host you can elect to switch those off can't you?
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
DorienO View Drop Down
Team KoZ
Team KoZ

Post Options Post Options   Quote DorienO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 1:56pm
good answer good answer

humph, new question.

what is the time frame between the re spawning of the following items:

Keg,
Armors, (shield belt, pads, chest, head armour)
and other items,

redeemer... jejeje

cuase i keep hearing, keg at 22 and other stuff like that, and i'm like WTF m8.

Penetrating your defenses. The Penetrator...
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 2:01pm

good answer good answer

humph, new question.

what is the time frame between the re spawning of the following items:

Keg,
Armors, (shield belt, pads, chest, head armour)
and other items,

redeemer... jejeje

cuase i keep hearing, keg at 22 and other stuff like that, and i'm like WTF m8.

redeemer-2 min
U-D, beserk and things of that nature- 1min 30sec.
shield belt, Big Keg-1 min
head, chest, thigh armor- all 30.sec
i think those R right! let me know if i F'd up
Watch in 720P....duh
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 2:02pm
I don't have all the timings memorized so I'll let someone else answer that.

But when you hear people calling out the item and the time they are letting everyone know that they got the keg or whatever the item is at that second count....so if the game timer is at 4:22 I got the belt I would  callout "belt at 22" so all my teammates  then know at approx 3:23 the belt will repawn.  It's a good way to help your team control the powerups.
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 2:09pm
Rican you F'd up, lol, jk. Add me on PSN again bro.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 2:09pm
when I'm online, I can help with aim.
with the rockets, especially. I use to play instant action shock rifle only with kills slow time.
for the sniper I would use only the sniper for like 2weeks straight in ctf pubs. I'm startin to do that again now.
back then I was the best sniper LOL. ask a few old tRi guys.
(on decent ping I still **** lol)

but I know the secret with rocket aim.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by FoeBia

when I'm online, I can help with aim.
with the rockets, especially. I use to play instant action shock rifle only with kills slow time.
for the sniper I would use only the sniper for like 2weeks straight in ctf pubs. I'm startin to do that again now.
back then I was the best sniper LOL. ask a few old tRi guys.
(on decent ping I still **** lol)

but I know the secret with rocket aim.
considering i spam rockets 90% of the time, id like to get those tips if possable!
im gonna start the "snipe only in pubs" 2day! my aim needs some help!
Watch in 720P....duh
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by INCReMENTAL

Rican you F'd up, lol, jk. Add me on PSN again bro.
your back on PS3???
we gotta get some duels in, could use the help/practice!

Watch in 720P....duh
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 2:49pm
Well yeah, add me so we can play.
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 3:08pm
What the f***. i covered timing armors/weapons in my damn duel guide! LMFAO!
name_is_clantag
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 5:22pm
ok I read in another guide, probably yours Remy ^^^^ Wink that it was ok to use the U damage b/c it helps to balance out the other person with a shield belt....so which one is it???
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2009 at 5:28pm
amp not allowed
name_is_clantag
LeX View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote LeX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 12:31pm
no one wants your crappy tips remy Tongue

secondary link your way to victory. thats the only rule you need to live by Wink
Dodgeball...     Come get some.
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 1:59pm
Sencondary Link eh?

*Host Links* "LET ME SHOW YOU WHAT THE BOT TAUGHT ME!"
name_is_clantag
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>