Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Livestream and Shoutcasting??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
FnA
FnA

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Livestream and Shoutcasting??
    Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 5:51pm
Would anyone be able to livestream and shoutcast the duel tourney? 
name_is_clantag
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 6:13pm
D: I sense upsets in this tourney!
name_is_clantag
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 6:20pm
upsets would be awesome, be like March Madness LOL
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 6:30pm
I could livestream, but I would be positioned in my living room, so wouldn't be able to shoutcast.  If others would do shoutcasting, they could be connected to my comp via ventrilo/teamspeak/etc.. and would be able to broadcast their voice.  I think I could get that setup to work.  Or other probably better option is for shoutcasters to be spectating duelers as well, I could turn off my mic and their voice would then be added to the ps3 sound output.  
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 7:20pm
that's a good idea killingu.
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 7:23pm
Sounds good but i like streaming as a dueler would be best. Using ventrillo/teamspeak may be a ha**le to feed in as well
name_is_clantag
WEAPoNiZ3D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote WEAPoNiZ3D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by GOW_KillinUGood

I could livestream, but I would be positioned in my living room, so wouldn't be able to shoutcast.  If others would do shoutcasting, they could be connected to my comp via ventrilo/teamspeak/etc.. and would be able to broadcast their voice.  I think I could get that setup to work.  Or other probably better option is for shoutcasters to be spectating duelers as well, I could turn off my mic and their voice would then be added to the ps3 sound output.  

is a brilliant idea and maybe have a test run a day or two b4 it starts to save havin to mess around n deal with whatever probs that might come up on fight night lol
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by RemY

D: I sense upsets in this tourney!

Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 9:49pm
kali isnt playing naked so he might get get knocked off in the 1st round
name_is_clantag
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 12:31pm
Yah thats a good idea man =) We already talked about this before, It wasn't really possible yet with Warfare but with Duel you can naturally spectate so that wouldn't be a problem :O
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009 at 5:28pm
I may be playing some this weekend and we could try testing it out for quality.  If I see some duel rooms open I may join in, just don't laugh too hard if you watch the livestream while I'm dueling.  I would rather constantly spectate.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009 at 5:38pm
i know i dont play anymore but id help shoutcast if needed
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009 at 6:05pm
yeah shoutcasters should be duelers so they know what is going on during the match, and can breakdown strategy
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009 at 4:17am
If there is anything I can do let me know.  If at all possible we should at a minimum record the semi finals and the finals.  Livecasting is gravy as long as we get it captured.  If there is any doubt about your availability on the weekend of the 22-23rd (killin) let me know because I may just order a hava now if I need to....this shouldn't go unrecorded.
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009 at 4:29am
yea will be some good games to watch.
and maybe wopr or killinu will get lucky and have the console that day, if y'all do make sure to get first person spectate. (yes it works because bum had it)

Post Options Post Options   Quote WEAPoNiZ3D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009 at 5:43am
Originally posted by FoeBia

and maybe wopr or killinu will get lucky and have the console that day, if y'all do make sure to get first person spectate. (yes it works because bum had it)

1st person spectate??
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009 at 5:51am
Originally posted by WEAPoNiZ3D

Originally posted by FoeBia

1st person spectate??
if you ever unlock the console type in behindview 0

we tried bindin but the binds dont save after u turn ps3 off.

Post Options Post Options   Quote WEAPoNiZ3D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009 at 5:54am
ive always thought 1st person would be great 4 spectating, it would also be better for players wanting to learn from seein first hand how good duelers play, but 3rd person has its benefits too, i like to scan around lookin for the opponent or checkin for armours n stuff sometimes the spectator can see things the player cant even see
Ewokk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ewokk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009 at 2:51pm
I think adding commentary from an experienced dueler or 2 would make the matches much more interesting to watch! I don't think it matters if it's from 1st or 3rd person.
Dear CTF,

I know I have been spending a lot of time dueling lately, but you will always be my first love.
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 11:53am
I did a test livestream the other night using justintv's built in encoder and using adobe flash encoder, and I am unhappy with the quality.  My internet has a small upload speed-500Kb, which I think I will upgrade to 2 MB.  Which should allow for a much smoother broadcast.  Plus I did a price check and upgraded speed will actually cost less than what I am paying now, for the first year at least.  So its a nobrainer.  

http://www.justin.tv/killinugood/archive  Click on watch last broadcast.  The first footage of snowreal is using justintv's encoder.....looks horribly awful. 

Fast forward to 12:57 and the duel footage is using adobe flash encoder.....looks better but fast camera movement causes blurriness.  I should be able to at least double the quality once my internet speed is upgraded.
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 1:42pm
nice work killin. im sure it would be totally smooth when u get uPgraded
name_is_clantag
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 10:21pm
If someone can set it up,  I do not mind ShoutCasting.  So venom if you want to try your way of shoutcasting through ventrilo or teamspeak, I would be glad to help.
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 10:52pm
at the risk of sounding ignorant I sorta figured shoutcastng was like a podcast starring revcrow b****ing about things like cheaters and aimbots and stuff lol :P
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 12:02pm
My internet speed has been upgraded now, and I am down to livestream the duel tourney for ya guys.  Next weekend right??  I will be available, during this next week to do some more testing with my feed to optimize signal.  I streamed last night for a good while on settings I thought would work well, but after reviewing, there was still lots of stutter.  But quality is def lots better. 

Shoutcasting?  How do we want to go about it?  Ventrilo, or just extra duel spectators calling the shots.  How many people can be in a duel spectating?  I don't know cause I rarely duel.  Lol and the last duel I did, I was up against Blackfang (I thought he was a bot.  Hell naw, It was Phantaci, and he wupped my a s s.)
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 12:13pm
I would shoutcast. I think it would be better if I was spectating the matches that way it would be easier to do the play-by-play.  As far as broadcasting, if you want to try ventrilo we can, need to test this out before the tournament.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>