Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

VCTF is not a DM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VCTF is not a DM
    Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 10:44pm
i'm all about getting fun kills just as much as the next guy we all do it, that we can all be guilty of. snipping 24/7 in a vctf match is the most annoying thing ever when done by multiple players for the entire match. you can say the same thing about the darkwalker or a fury spawn killing and going on a killing spree but thats just one vehicle as opposed to 3 snipers not letting you move off base. then in return if you can't move off base what do you do you're forced to camp more heavily than usual because you can't leave your base.

vctf is not a dm. go out and explore a new vehicle, fly a raptor, drive a tank run a flag maybe. get out of that little comfort zone switch it up. its a fun game we play to see how many kills we get with one weapon, yeah it's cute try it in a dm where it'll be worth the effort
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 10:57pm
imo thats like saying the other team is to good for you. if you cant find out a way around that, your going to lose. i dont see anything wrong with 3 players doing a good job shutting you down the victory. but thats why i think suspense sucks major a**. camping and sniping mid field helps shut down the other team, and protects your flag runners. thats the whole point of that map. camp the tank, snipe better than the other team = you will most likey win =/

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 12:17am
sigh
NecroBeestiality View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 1:23am
Originally posted by _EnVy_

imo thats like saying the other team is to good for you. if you cant find out a way around that, your going to lose. i dont see anything wrong with 3 players doing a good job shutting you down the victory. but thats why i think suspense sucks major a**. camping and sniping mid field helps shut down the other team, and protects your flag runners. thats the whole point of that map. camp the tank, snipe better than the other team = you will most likey win =/

i hate to say it but he is right. sniping is just a superior tactic in suspense. unlike putting the tank on the flag however, it can be countered from across the map.

suspense was designed with unique protection to the snipers. it is the only map where I am guaranteed a rampage with the sniper rifle. the map gets picked often and I play it to the best of my ability. I snipe there because that is my strongest area of ut3, sniping. if 2 or 3 other guys are also sniping....I promise its only a coincidence. we aren't ganging up or teaming up or even aware of what the other is doing.

i was in a match with two fase tonight exactly like the one he is talking about. me and a couple others were shutting down the other team with a few snipers, my self included. because I like twofase, I felt bad when I headshotted him and the screen flashed that"twofase has left the game" meaning his head was only on the floor because he had paused the game to press "quit" as i fired on him.

the thing is, i won't flag run when there are stronger flag runners than my self (which is basically always) ready to try for the flag. it doesn't make sense. so i try to be as effecient as possible with my strongest weapon. i snipe.

unlike putting a vehicle on the flag, a sniper hidden in one base can take out a sniper hidden in the other base (in suspense). you can't blow up a vehicle parked on the flag from your own base. if you have strong snipers....you can keep the other teams snipers in check. if you don't have strong snipers.....you will just get outgunned. there was no team stacking going on.....the teams got divided how they did and the snipers all ended up on one side. you know im a big fan of you twofase but as you say, "sometimes it bes like that" in suspense. in retrospect, maybe i should have switched teams but when you left (i would have been looking for the other snipers....lol), i am almost sure it was a scoreless match.
House Music All Night Long

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 1:56am
I b****ed and moaned because that's what I always do no matter what lol.  hard to argue with ur points.  at least I got some shots off of you.  when playing Headhunter it's a dif story.  I can't wait to face him on foot with him only using a controller.  
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 3:08am
I've been on about this for ages... next time your in a clan match and your running that flag back I know I'd rather have headhunter backing me up with the sniper rifle than some guy flying a raptor.

Yes it's annoying, yes it's a bit gay but it is part of the game. Not every player can defend, attack, support and use vehicles. Wish they could but in reality its like life, your good at somethings. Crap at others. Can't blame them for sticking to what they do best. If 4/8 people are doing it you should be able to beat them easily, raptor/fury/viper pick ups..
NecroBeestiality View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 3:09am
Originally posted by Potorikan

at least I got some shots off of you.  

yeah u did
House Music All Night Long

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 5:35am
I can agree with the arguement that this tactic is sometimes used to simply halt the game and rack up kills.  I find it annoying and stupid and simply move on to a different server when I see it.  No matter who the culprits are.

However, in a clan match or semi-organized pug, this is a tactic that is very effective at ending a match quickly and IMO it should only be used that way. But, who am I to tell anyone else how to play a game they paid for?  They might just be practicing for a clan match.  Then again, they may just be trying to annoy you Wink
Arkos315 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
FLAK Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote Arkos315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 5:44am
Originally posted by AqUaKnOt

I can agree with the arguement that this tactic is sometimes used to simply halt the game and rack up kills.  I find it annoying and stupid and simply move on to a different server when I see it.  No matter who the culprits are.

However, in a clan match or semi-organized pug, this is a tactic that is very effective at ending a match quickly and IMO it should only be used that way. But, who am I to tell anyone else how to play a game they paid for?  They might just be practicing for a clan match.  Then again, they may just be trying to annoy you Wink

hey aqua u should of seen da 2 headshots i got on D yesterday it was FANTASTIC!!!!Big smile

AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 5:47am
Originally posted by Arkos315

hey aqua u should of seen da 2 headshots i got on D yesterday it was FANTASTIC!!!!Big smile

LMAO - it only takes one headshot to piss him off completely.  Two probably sent him over the edge!
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 5:47am
Originally posted by Danjel8

I've been on about this for ages... next time your in a clan match and your running that flag back I know I'd rather have headhunter backing me up with the sniper rifle than some guy flying a raptor.

Yes it's annoying, yes it's a bit gay but it is part of the game. Not every player can defend, attack, support and use vehicles. Wish they could but in reality its like life, your good at somethings. Crap at others. Can't blame them for sticking to what they do best. If 4/8 people are doing it you should be able to beat them easily, raptor/fury/viper pick ups..

U know what, I think Ur right.  He's annoying and a bit gay and if he can't defend, attack, support and use vehicles without using KBM I should be more sympathetic to him.  I suppose we can't blame Headhunter for relying on KBM to be good at this game since he it seems has no choice in the matter. 

oddly enough I feel better already.  In fact, it's not even about lacking respect for him anymore.   I feel somewhat sorry for him and all the other KBM users.  Here's hoping one day he finds the strength and courage to take a chance and learn to use a controller.  I suspect it will help him acquire the skills we all seem to take for granted.

Arkos315 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
FLAK Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote Arkos315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 5:50am

Originally posted by Arkos315

LMAO - it only takes one headshot to piss him off completely.  Two probably sent him over the edge!

LOL...he tried 2 b funny by sniping dA flag carrier but he got DENIED!!!!

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 6:03am

some of you in this community should really consider switching to Halo.  It's highly cutthroat there and Those of you with that Anything goes/anything to get the win mentality would thrive there. 

I find it amusing that many of us agree it's gay, stupid, annoying and a shady tactic overall but somehow using it to acquire a win in a competitive situation is ok (i.e "no no that's cheesy and we shouldn't do it...unless we're in a clan match where a win for the team's record is at stake then it's machiavelli time).  my , I wonder what would happen if both teams decided to play fair and cleanly regardless.  I"m willing to guess the team with the most true skill would win no?  or it could be my logic failing me once again.  Too bad we'll never really know.

in the end perhaps the point is valid:  People who paid for a game should use it however they want.  Regardless of whether it's right or wrong it's just a game and we're all just faceless and emotionless lemming drones that have no say in the matter. long live good sportsmanship and the spirit of competitive gaming.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 6:14am
Who has actually tried KB/M? I did, I felt sick after using it coz I got so disorietated.

I don't see how killing people isn't playing for the win. Just a different tactic that people employ.
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 6:28am
You're kidding... right?  Do you even reallize how dumb your stance on this particular issue is?  A clan match is about the "win", period.  Otherwise, why go to the trouble of organizing a team, having practice and getting together on a server?  We have all agreed that glitching won't work so obviously that is out of the picture.  But now you want to dictate how entire teams play and define the bounds of how they use this game to beat you?  Come on bro, you're not making any sense at all.

A clan match is about winning within the context of the game.  The game makers provided various weapons and routes per map for a reason.  You simply don't like the fact that an opposing team is able to effectively deploy these weapons and routes to completely shut you out of a win.  Period.

Who are you to decide what is fair and clean within the context of this game?  Who are you to decide the "rules of fair play"?  Who are you to decide "right or wrong" with regard to how others play this game?

I think you just happen to be the one making the most noise about it and are always busy recruiting others to your cause.  I for one have grown weary of listening to you cry about things like a person picking up a sniper rifle in a map (which was provided by the game maker) and using it effectively against you. Try polishing your skills to counter this tactic instead of attempting to garner community support for your stance that this is unfair and unsportsman like.  Or we need to go into private servers so I don't get headshot.  LMAO - what a joke.

You really need to look at the theme of this game.  Take a close look at the design and purpose.  If you want a picnic lunch with your clanmates, schedule it outside the game because UT3 is about headshots (there's even a trophy for it), killing sprees, rampages and so-forth.

If I pick up a sniper rifle in a clan match, I promise you a headshot, maybe many headshots.  I'll snipe you off the top of the cables in Suspense with the tank too.  Or is that unfair and wrong too?  Give me a break here man, you are WAY off base on this.

Look at the last two words in your post and tell me where the real problem lies... it's "competitive" Potorikan, not "cooperation".
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 6:39am
There's absolutely nothing wrong with sniping. Its when you have 3-4 out of 8 accomplished snipers camping exit points and sniping to get their headhunter awards or trophies that's the point TWO FASE is making. They aint playing a team game their playing their individual DM. It is so exhausting when this happens cos I dont ever quit a game (unless the wife swiotches off the PS3 when shes p1ssed Shocked) but I feel in these circumstances its justified. Suspense and the multitude of sniper points - people by uDamage, on the avril bridge at the back, over by the health pack. The Necropolis 3-4 on the exit point to the bridge and if not then they're sending hard flak constantly across the bridge or on the floor - flak spam snipe. Yep its a DM alright.
Whilst we can implore others to play the game right its their take on what can go down, and yea the play their money so they takes their choice. We ain't gonna like it if were on the receiving end but I guess we dont see it if were on the side that has the snipers. Just gotta get better with the shock I guess. Dunno bout Halo - sh1ts more like COD tbh. A legit tactic if used proly but when over used then Zzzz game. In organised games your team numbers are 5-6 typically so 3 snipers in VCTF = fail. I just share the guys pain thats all. Here's to an end to flak snipe flak snipe by the rank and file and the usage of other weapons. Maybe they'll all return to link and rockets haha!
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 6:45am
There is always a way to get around them, especially on Necro! Nightshade :)
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 6:46am
Yep, or you could just pick up a sniper rifle and headshot them back.   The only thing worse than 4 snipers on the other side of the bidge in Necopolis is me on the other end getting 4 headshots in a row to clear the bridge for our flag runner...
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 6:48am
Plus public servers are public... As long as I can shoot a single fire on my spawn and don't get beat by glitchers then I don't have much of a problem.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 6:50am

Yep, or you could just pick up a sniper rifle and headshot them back.   The only thing worse than 4 snipers on the other side of the bidge in Necopolis is me on the other end getting 4 headshots in a row to clear the bridge for our flag runner...

haha or... a flag runner clever enough to call for support from a viper and you get a ride back under the bridge! :)

You can pick someone up by the enemies keg on necro and slingshot them to your keg haha snipe that!
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 7:01am
On a related point UT99 had a better sniper and UT3 has returned to a similar design. I do feel that the hitscan for this particular weapon is too large so headshot or 70 damage is easier than say COD or CounterStrike. They should a put some recoil in all the weapons but maybe sniper. I mean the stinger is inaccurate due to its rate of fire but there's no set back for the sniper - superior payload, instant hit and due to your position (and kbm) reload time is negligible. 
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 7:08am

haha or... a flag runner clever enough to call for support from a viper and you get a ride back under the bridge! :)

You can pick someone up by the enemies keg on necro and slingshot them to your keg haha snipe that!
HAha u guys are B1tch snipers too. Me im just a snipers b1tch...cant snipe for puss1e. I aint got the patience to learn then camping in 1 spot? No tnx...got some cool headshots on peeps though cos i tend to pick up the nearest weapon.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 7:17am

You're kidding... right?  Do you even reallize how dumb your stance on this particular issue is? 

leave it to you to always overreact to a perspective you don't agree or jive with.  I let you have ur opinion but do I call it dumb or stupid for it just because I don't share it?  dude take it down a notch.  If it were so serious to me I wouldn't keep playing.

A clan match is about the "win", period. 

If you don't care how you get the win then I understand you perfectly bro.  believe me.  I just don't share ur zeal for the win the same way but I don't believe ur dumb in some way because of it..

Otherwise, why go to the trouble of organizing a team, having practice and getting together on a server?

because believe it or not, there are some teams/players out there that dont' feel they need to resort to a 'win by any means necessary'.  it's a preference.  nothing more.  I'll take any win but would rather win honorably rather than not.  the whole concept of Honor in a game seems to piss you off.  maybe you shouldn't talk about it eh?

We have all agreed that glitching won't work so obviously that is out of the picture. 

I personally don't care about the glitches.  I don't exploit them out of consideration because others don't like it but if it's there and still left there by epic I a**ume they're fine with it.  either way I don't care really.

But now you want to dictate how entire teams play and define the bounds of how they use this game to beat you?  Come on bro, you're not making any sense at all.

who said I want to dictate anything bro?  stop blowing my **** up bro.  I can speak my mind and I trust ur smart enough to do whatever floats ur boat either way.  We're not going to agree but the dif between you and me I don't get my panties in a bunch about it.  I think ur approach to the game stinks but wtf does it matter, you don't pay my rent so I don't have to like it bro.

A clan match is about winning within the context of the game. 

context.  that's an important word.  I think that's a separate thread right there so I won't get into that.

The game makers provided various weapons and routes per map for a reason.  You simply don't like the fact that an opposing team is able to effectively deploy these weapons and routes to completely shut you out of a win.  Period.

I bet ur talking about ur glorious AR and their mastery of VCTF.  I don't take away from some of AR's mastery of the mode and I won't get into what I dislike about some AR members and some of the things they do either. 

Who are you to decide what is fair and clean within the context of this game?  Who are you to decide the "rules of fair play"?  Who are you to decide "right or wrong" with regard to how others play this game?

I would ask you the same thing.  who are you to say that ur right or wrong?  we're both doing the same thing on opposing sides of the issue.  I'd call it a stalemate and leave it at that.  u feel ur way is the way and I don't agree.  pretty straightforward.

I think you just happen to be the one making the most noise about it and are always busy recruiting others to your cause. 

really?  recruiting others to my cause?  wtf am I David Koresh.  I was under the impression everyone here can formulate their own opinion.  some will agree, others will not.  either way, even I was the only one who felt that way I expect you to respect my opinion just like I'm FORCED to respect yours.  we don't have to agree.  remember that.  (again)

I for one have grown weary of listening to you cry about things like a person picking up a sniper rifle in a map (which was provided by the game maker) and using it effectively against you.

dude, I have a question, was a gun held to your head forcing you to read this thread and putting ur two cents in?  if ur tired or hearing me I can a**ure you I'm tired of your ranting about the same "get better or get beat" mentality but guess what, that's ur thing and I've accepted it.  that doesnt mean I agree or that I like it. 

Try polishing your skills to counter this tactic instead of attempting to garner community support for your stance that this is unfair and unsportsman like.  Or we need to go into private servers so I don't get headshot.  LMAO - what a joke.

dude, 'garner community support'?  wtf says I'm trying to bring others to my cause?  I'm stating an opinion bro.  which part don't you understand?

You really need to look at the theme of this game.  Take a close look at the design and purpose.  If you want a picnic lunch with your clanmates, schedule it outside the game because UT3 is about headshots (there's even a trophy for it), killing sprees, rampages and so-forth.

ur right.  there's no mention on the definitive way to go about it last time I checked so that's left up to the user no?  He'll either go at it ur way or mine.  always quick to put down others who don't agree with you.  very cla**y mr. pillar of the community.

If I pick up a sniper rifle in a clan match, I promise you a headshot, maybe many headshots.  I'll snipe you off the top of the cables in Suspense with the tank too.  Or is that unfair and wrong too?

In my opinion, if ur using a controller, nope.  fair and square as far as I'm concerned.  I promise to give you a hard time every time.

Give me a break here man, you are WAY off base on this.

again, ur basing this statement like many of ur others on the contention that only your point is the only right one.  nothing I can do with that really.

Look at the last two words in your post and tell me where the real problem lies... it's "competitive" Potorikan, not "cooperation".

ur just talking about this:

COMPETE |kəmˈpēt|
verb [ intrans. ]
strive to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others who are trying to do the same.

and you think that concept doens't need this:

HONOR |ˈänər| ( Brit. honour)
noun
• adherence to what is right or to a conventional standard of conduct

What can I tell you, except I"m glad you weren't a Samurai.  I simply don't agree. w u  Will it keep me from playing with you or against you?  nope.  so life goes on. 

Next time, why not try to be a little more respectful of other people's right to speak.  Last time I checked I didn't live in Cuba. 

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 7:17am

There is always a way to get around them, especially on Necro! Nightshade :)

lol ur too much man
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 7:19am
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

On a related point UT99 had a better sniper and UT3 has returned to a similar design. I do feel that the hitscan for this particular weapon is too large so headshot or 70 damage is easier than say COD or CounterStrike. They should a put some recoil in all the weapons but maybe sniper. I mean the stinger is inaccurate due to its rate of fire but there's no set back for the sniper - superior payload, instant hit and due to your position (and kbm) reload time is negligible. 

hence HeadHunter's effectiveness w it.  I wonder how well he would do w/o it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>