12 [35.29%]
22 [64.71%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Noob
Noob
Singing Butters

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote LiL_killa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sniping
    Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 11:17pm
there has been allot of talk about snipers lately and i for one don't mind it. I don't care if they snipe all day at least they wont be touching our flag! what do you think??
........sup
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 11:27pm
i dont mind ppl snipeing to help win a game, but when ppl R just standing in one
spot, snipeing ppl off there bored, just to rack up kills/headhunters, i think its pritty stupid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
InHuMaNe_KiLLa View Drop Down
Team GOML
Team GOML

Post Options Post Options   Quote InHuMaNe_KiLLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 11:40pm
Don't mind it unless I'm playing Facing Worlds and you have like 20 snipers..
PSN Tags - InHuMaN_KiLLa_v2 (for everything but UT3), InHuMaNe_KiLLa, KiLLa_is_QnL, GOML_-ScRuBz-
XBL - iMPuLs3 zV
wOa site created by me - woagaming.enjin.com
NecroBeestiality View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 12:22am
It depends on how good the snipers are. If Arkos is sniping from the avril tower in suspense and he has a friend or two that are decent, it shuts down the other team totally 9 out 10 times. He will locate your skull with a bullet quickly but it isn't his fault he has the gift and why shouldn't he use it? The get better or go home solution applies to me. I go home meaning leave the game and in the mean time I snipe in efforts to get better.

It really just depends on who is sniping though. I snipe a lot and I am by no means great at it but there is only a small group of people I regularly encounter that can embarra** me. There is probably a huge # of players that can snipe slightly better than I but their small skill advantage isn't enough to change the game completely. If it is a bunch of slightly above average snipers like my self.....it shouldn't be that difficult to overcome even on suspense.

Unless I am on fire, TX, Chris, Envy, Otakutony and Headhunter will shut me and my whole team down (a**uming none of the guys I just mentioned are on my team). Arkos will shut me down regardless of how well I am playing. I don't care what anyone says, coming from someone who gets 1 in 4 kills from their sniper rifle (meaning I snipe more than anyone on my fairly long friends list), Arkos gets headshots off faster than anyone. Even the kb/m using headhunter. If any of those guys are sniping on the other team and have a couple guys with skill levels comparable to my own sniping with them.....no random pub team will overcome it in suspense. That is the only level that I feel is totally vulnerable to snipers though. Every other VCTF map has decent methods of overcoming even the best snipers.
House Music All Night Long

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
Ewokk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ewokk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 2:27am
Being good with the sniper is one of the best show of skill in this game, along with moving combos. Obviously I'm not talking about standing still sniping, I'm talking about sniping while on the move and wall jumping/strafing and all that.
Dear CTF,

I know I have been spending a lot of time dueling lately, but you will always be my first love.
NecroBeestiality View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Mmmmm Beefy

Post Options Post Options   Quote NecroBeestiality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Ewokk

Being good with the sniper is one of the best show of skill in this game, along with moving combos. Obviously I'm not talking about standing still sniping, I'm talking about sniping while on the move and wall jumping/strafing and all that.

Yeah that is more foot mode sniping even though you can do it in vehicle mode (you never see it). Sniping standing still is kind of like an old west gun draw. Who can locate the other persons head accurately the fastest. That is definitely a show of skill.

The skill required to snipe moving, jumping off walls and I a**ume you mean no scope, that is a different skill and I don't think it is being debated really. That is so much more difficult that it is rarely even seen (in vehicle modes) so it can't be b****ed about (yet).
House Music All Night Long

"Insted of peaple coming on this website were peaple are b**ing about peaple behind each uthers backs" - QuickRC
medic573 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Rescue One

Post Options Post Options   Quote medic573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 10:44am
I personally hate snipers...........only because I seem to have a flourescent bullseye pasted to my skull.........Or perhaps that metal plate in my head became magnetized somehow............who knows......................(oh yeah........I love em when I'm running a flag and see the tracers fly by my head at my pursuers)
krzys773 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Massacre Monster

Post Options Post Options   Quote krzys773 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 11:22am
I hate snipers too.I just decided to snipe back at them and maybe they will stop.I suck at it right now though.
Nissan SiLViA
Nissan 300zx
Yamaha Yzf R6
    <3
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 12:37pm

i use to use the sniper gun alot in ctf, tdm, duels etc to me its a fun weapon to fight with (i.e. rail gun in quake)

i think you are refering to sniping as the dudes sitting in vehicle maps or any large map in any mode, not moving the whole match sniping, i dont have a problem with them either.. i think its easily counterable one of my favorite things to do in ut3 was to have someone on the other side of the map think they were a bada** sniper or they could snipe with anyone.. id quickly put them down over and over and they would give up on sniping :) (facing worlds-ctf)
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 12:50pm
yeah, the sniper rifle is fun to use. i only hate it when people stand in corners on facing worlds with a sniper rifle. actually, maybe i just hate facing worlds. 
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

Ppareja76 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
I can't beat Ether in Racing

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ppareja76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 12:59pm

Snipe away! I don't think there is anything wrong with doing so. Is just like me constantly looking for the tank in suspense.

ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 1:36pm
like ive said befor if someone is good at something, i see no reason for them to not use their talent lol. this started with the thread about headhunter.. then all the talk made someone start this thread. so someone has caused this much trouble for it to be said on a foru and it aint glitching or anything,, so it must mean he is doing something right... causing trouble to the other team.   i got no problem with it. good snipers just gives a challenge. wich is what i (anybody) wants/should want.   
JDog_OwNz View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote JDog_OwNz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 1:37pm
i HATE guys that snipe, if youre taking the flag and gettin sniped, use some fancy tricks, it works Wink unless its ARKO5315 or Headshot, man those to are to good
Adios, the last farewell
A-R_siIIyy View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote A-R_siIIyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 1:48pm
to annoy snipers shootin @ the keg in suspense, i jus grab a manta wait on the roof above the keg then pancake & repeat about 9 times until they switch spots,,,this makes me feel slightly better
you want lobster? huh,im thinkin burger king
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by A-R_siIIyy

to annoy snipers shootin @ the keg in suspense, i jus grab a manta wait on the roof above the keg then pancake & repeat about 9 times until they switch spots,,,this makes me feel slightly better

im stealing that one LOL
name_is_clantag
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 1:53pm

this statement confuses me.  the only way I know to get to a keg sniper with a manta is to swing around the scorpion spawn and come from behind.  I don't see a way to get on 'roof' of the main respawn (be it the very top or the one just above the back entrance) without getting seen.  Besides how would you get on there?  swing around the small space between the bridge jump boot column and the main respawn wall?  I'd like to see that tho if you can do it.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 2:26pm
This isn't a thread about circumcision? Sorry!

Edit: I need gla$$es. I could have sworn the name of the thread was snipping.
krzys773 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Massacre Monster

Post Options Post Options   Quote krzys773 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Potorikan

this statement confuses me.  the only way I know to get to a keg sniper with a manta is to swing around the scorpion spawn and come from behind.  I don't see a way to get on 'roof' of the main respawn (be it the very top or the one just above the back entrance) without getting seen.  Besides how would you get on there?  swing around the small space between the bridge jump boot column and the main respawn wall?  I'd like to see that tho if you can do it.

You take a manta up the cables.Go to their damage amp side,Hop onto the top of the building and then pancake.LoL
Nissan SiLViA
Nissan 300zx
Yamaha Yzf R6
    <3
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by xXchris_cXx

Originally posted by Potorikan

You take a manta up the cables.Go to their damage amp side,Hop onto the top of the building and then pancake.LoL

jesus lol.  ok you got me but that's the Spectacular super "make a big splash" way of doing it.  I find it easier to just sweep them from behind (besides I can probably take out a few on the way).  Imagine doing that cable pancake nine times as he suggested.  too much work lol
A-R_siIIyy View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote A-R_siIIyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 2:45pm
im not taking about on top of the building,, i put my manta on the lil side roof ryte above the sniper rifle
you want lobster? huh,im thinkin burger king
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 3:26pm

im not taking about on top of the building,, i put my manta on the lil side roof ryte above the sniper rifle

either way I think the only way to get on it is via the cable like chris said.  too much work.  I'd rather swing thru the back as it's easier for me.
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 4:34pm
I would hope ppl don't get mad about the sniper gun since that is what it is for, "sniping".  All that time in instagib didn't help much when it comes to that gun for me
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 4:52pm
the poll isn't exactly all that clear.  Sniping in and off itself is fine.  I think this thing came up because there are a few threads where complaints were made about sniping abuses (i.e multiple stationary suspense snipers, controller snipers vs KBM snipers etc.)  the poll questions should be more specific because to generally say sniping sucks would be as practical as saying the stinger, link, flak etc suck.  The very term "Strategic Sniping" itself is coming underfire as some view things dif than others.

It is what it is.  People will do what they like.  we either deal with it or hop out.  More and more often I find myself hopping out.
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 5:09pm
Snipings fine. even the, so called, abusive ones.

While true that Suspense has become the facing world of vctf, it only makes flag running more intense!

The other day I made it past a rainstorm of sniper bullets with 19 health left. It felt like I took WAY TOO MANY BULLETS TO BE ALIVE!

I was about to score when Aqua blew me away with the tank .... that he brought up from the water!!!

I nearly cried.
SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2009 at 6:38pm

LMAO... Denied!  Fluff, I couldn't have timed that better if I was planning it and practicing for a week.  Just one of those "Holy ****" moments in the game.  That thing got denied 3 times before it was finally returned.  I doubt we'll see that repeated for a very long time.

I too have become pissed off and hell bent for leather over facing 4 to 6 snipers in a team of 8.  Nobody on the opposing team is running flags, which is the entire purpose of the mode.  If they aren't sniping, they are camping their flag.  So 6 snipers and 2 campers = bastardization of the game.

Having said that, Play how you like but I hope you run out of quarters soon...

BTW - I think when we see things like this going on, it's a sign of people getting bored with the game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>