Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Football Smack Talk '09

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232425
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Football Smack Talk '09
    Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by QwEsT

Originally posted by SRC_ROLLTIDE

J-E-T-S, JETS JETS JETS!!!  They unfortunately run out of steam this weekend...Indy and Minnesota in the Super Bowl!  How can you root against Favre then?
u cant blame Sanchez 4 the loss blame the defense. Sanchez put up good #'s that game. I see Sanchez turning into a gr8 QB
True story. Sanchez did not play like a rookie. I can't really lay any blame on him. I can't blame the defense either. How long do you think they can hold off Manning? I would lay most of the blame on the Jets coaching staff. They went into the half with a lead. Good teams adjust at the half. Manning and the Colts did, the Jets didn't. How could they abandon the run in the 2nd half like that? Ball control and solid defense is what got them there. The Jets should have come out with a heavy dose of the run in the 2nd half. Either way, the Jets are going to have a good QB for a long time. This is ****ty news for me, being a Bills fan.
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

This is how the Vikings Announcers called Favre's INT !!!
 THIS IS PRICELESS!

i'm putting that as my new ringtone
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 5:57pm
Ouch :( this sucks..talk about karma..the. Nfl network was showing the nfc championship between atl falcons and the vikings and the missed field goal all last week.. Us fans just can't catch a break...I blame prince's new song purple and gold which he released last week as the reason why we fell...google it for a laugh.
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

Ouch :( this sucks..talk about karma..the. Nfl network was showing the nfc championship between atl falcons and the vikings and the missed field goal all last week.. Us fans just can't catch a break...I blame prince's new song purple and gold which he released last week as the reason why we fell...google it for a laugh.

Blaming Prince for Favre? PLEASE!

When the Viking signed Favre I called that at some point in the season, likely in the playoffs perhaps (really hopefully) the Super Bowl this would happen.

Having Favre as your QB at this stage in his career is like dating a stripper in her waning years
on the pole. Sure its ecxiting at first and she looks good in the dark but after a while you start seeing the saggy boobs and the wrinkles and all she does is take your money get you a little hard but never finish you off.

EDIT: Im not the first guy using that analogy but its so perfect!

Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 6:19pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 6:25pm
See that doesn't male any sense..would you have said that about favre in that dallas game.. He's still the number 3 qb in this league and I know I'm not the only whonsees that. Hour made some mistakes..yes but what about APs fumbles in that game. I would still love to have favre on my team again..he still has it..don't judge him on one game
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 6:36pm

See that doesn't male any sense..would you have said that about favre in that dallas game.. He's still the number 3 qb in this league and I know I'm not the only whonsees that. Hour made some mistakes..yes but what about APs fumbles in that game. I would still love to have favre on my team again..he still has it..don't judge him on one game

JP...being a Green Bay since i can remember, i've seen this guy have his ups and downs.  you don't understand because you didn't deal with him for 17 seasons.  i'm glad he's gone.  he has a tendency to always be the hero of the game.  now granted he's won a couple of big games at the last second, this is different.  this is the playoffs.  he choked.  any other quarterback, even ROMO would have tucked that ball and ran to gain those few extra yards.  favre wanted to win it right then and there.  you can keep him....but just be ready for more heartbreaks like this.  

same situation, second chance, same result.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 6:47pm
How can u compare him to other teams...years..look at his numbers this season..look at the talent he has to play with..why are you blind to this..favre decided to go for the last play as a throw and screwed..but didn't AP screw up with fumbles..didn't our front line screw up for making favre get hit amd be under pressure that game..what about the officials for screwing up the the bush touchdown where clearly his knees were down...favre is undefeated in the dome..no one sees this?..I must be alone on this

And I was being sarcastic about blaming prince on favre ..a joke
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 6:52pm

How can u compare him to other teams...years..look at his numbers this season..look at the talent he has to play with..why are you blind to this..favre decided to go for the last play as a throw and screwed..but didn't AP screw up with fumbles..didn't our front line screw up for making favre get hit amd be under pressure that game..what about the officials for screwing up the the bush touchdown where clearly his knees were down...favre is undefeated in the dome..no one sees this?..I must be alone on this

And I was being sarcastic about blaming prince on favre ..a joke

LOL i know u were joking JP! so was I

Favre will break your heart next year as well ... he's a has been so is Warner.
the last four or five years Ive watched favre ... his age keeps showing more and more as the season progresses. He got lucky this year ... he spent the majority of the second half of the season in a dome or playing in mild conditions. He may not get so lucky next year.

and yes Peterson has butter fingers, all the more reason to have QB that shows good judgement.

Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 7:01pm
fact of the matter is this.  both NFC championship games. and both times he through an interception.  he lost his knack for playoff clutch moments.   now all the talk is going to be whether or not he retires...AGAIN.  

and if he does retire, who do you fall back on now?

i'm not being spiteful here.  i'm just saying i've been there, and without a doubt more is still to come.  
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 10:25pm
texas landed two more monsters today....

Jackson Jeffcoat

Jackson Jeffcoat | DE

Scouts Grade

Hometown Plano, TX
High School Plano West High School
Position rank DE # 1
Height 6'5"
Weight 225 lbs.

What's your rating?

var allEvents = [{'group':'23', 'event':'66584'}];
Average:
Please login to vote.
< style="display: none;" id="user-rating-group-23--66584-" ="recruiting stars" accept-="utf-8" method="get" ="#" jquery1264818350153="34">< value="23" name="group" =""> < value="66584" name="" =""> < value="recruiting" name="" =""> < name="user-rating-group-23--66584" =""> < style="display: none;" id="user-rating-group-23--66584-submit" ="recruiting vote" value="Vote" name="submit" jquery1264818350153="45" ="submit">
GRAIL_HOST = 'http://insider.espn.go.com/grail'; < ="text/" ="http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/c?version=1.63&js=ui/1.7.2/ui.core.js,grail/jquery.timer.js,ui/1.7.2/ui.dialog.js,plugins/jquery.rating.js,grail/grail.core.js,grail/grail.rater.js,grail/grail.dialogs.js,grail/grail.recruiting.js">
Last Updated: 1/29/2010 Data provided by Scouts, Inc.

Status

Verbal

Also Considered:

Evaluation

< ="" ="text/" ="http://assets.espn.go.com/ivp/p/swf.js"> < ="" ="text/"> var flashContent = '
You need the latest Flash Player to view this video. Get Flash
'; document.write(flashContent); //insert flash content var so = new SWFObject("http://sports.espn.go.com/videohub/mpf/player.swf?adminOver=3806325&id=3989767,4421274&autostart=true&playerType=story", "videoPlayer", "365", "420", "9.0.45", "#000000"); so.addParam("wmode", "opaque"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "always"); so.addParam("base", "http://assets.espn.go.com/espnvideo/mpf/"); so.addParam("quality", "high"); so.addParam("bgcolor", "#000000"); so.addParam("align", "t"); so.addVariable("player", "story"); so.addVariable("height", "420"); so.addVariable("width", "365"); so.addVariable("page", ""); so.addVariable("host", ""); so.addVariable("adminOver", "3806325"); so.write("player");
< id="videoP" name="videoP" id=":D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="365" height="420">< name="_cx" value="9657">< name="_cy" value="11112">< name="FlashVars" value="">< name="Movie" value="http://ss.espn.go.com/videohub/mpf/p.swf?adminOver=3806325&id=3989767,4421274&autostart=true&p=story">< name="" value="http://ss.espn.go.com/videohub/mpf/p.swf?adminOver=3806325&id=3989767,4421274&autostart=true&p=story">< name="WMode" value="Opaque">< name="Play" value="0">< name="Loop" value="-1">< name="Quality" value="High">< name="SAlign" value="LT">< name="Menu" value="-1">< name="" value="http://assets.espn.go.com/espnvideo/mpf/">< name="AllowAccess" value="always">< name="Scale" value="NoScale">< name="DeviceFont" value="0">< name="Movie" value="0">< name="" value="000000">< name="SWRemote" value="">< name="Movie" value="">< name="SeamlessTabbing" value="1">< name="Pro" value="0">< name="ProAddress" value="">< name="Pro" value="0">< name="AllowNetworking" value="all">< name="AllowFullScreen" value="false">
Jeffcoat sports the same jersey number as 2009 defensive end Devon Kennard, but that is not why he reminds us some of him. Like Kennard, Jeffcoat is the son of a former NFL player and combines ability with a heady style of play to be very productive. Jeffcoat's father Jim...

Jordan Hicks

Jordan Hicks | OLB

Scouts Grade

Hometown West Chester, OH
High School Lakota West High School
Position rank OLB # 1
Height 6'2"
Weight 210 lbs.

Last Updated: 1/29/2010 Data provided by Scouts, Inc.

Status

Verbal

Also Considered:

Evaluation

< ="" ="text/" ="http://assets.espn.go.com/ivp/p/swf.js"> < ="" ="text/"> var flashContent = '
You need the latest Flash Player to view this video. Get
Maybe one of the more explosive linebackers we have seen in the last two classes. Hicks generates striking speed and velocity in the short-area and plays the game with an intense motor. Has ideal size with his good height and longer, thicker frame that still has room to add 10-15...

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 7:28pm
No Super Bowl predictions!?!  I'll go first...
Saints 41 - Colts 31
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 7:30pm
Colts 35 - Saints 27
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232425