Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Football Smack Talk '09

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>
Author
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Football Smack Talk '09
    Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 11:23pm
i agree at least top 4 if not top 8. screw all of the conference title games, just have the major bowls host these top 4-8 spots for the then national title game. or just have the voters vote on what top 8 conference champs to play in the playoffs.

i would love to see something like that bc the BCS is obv flawed...

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 11:20am
The only fair way to do it is to have a sixteen team playoff, take the conference champ from each of the Div 1A conferences (SEC, Big East, ACC, Big 12, Big 10, Pac 10, WAC, MAC, MWC, C-USA, and Sunbelt)...the remaining 5 spots are at-large bids (perhaps for the next top five teams according to the polls).  Seeding could take place using the polls where the lowest ranked team is automatically the 16 seed and so on.  Then the pairing would be like they do in college basketball, #1v#16, #2v#15, etc, etc.  The BCS bowls could be used as the playing grounds for the 15 games...And on top of that you can keep the "other bowls" as the "NIT" of football LOL...  It's only fair if you include the champion of each conference...That way we may have some "March Madness" in December and January too.
I guess that is too easy though so why the hell would we want it?  Not to mention ALL THE MONEY IT WOULD BRING!  
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
iAM_xplorer2233 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Stair Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_xplorer2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 11:35am
yeah 16 team playoff is the most fair but i dont want fair how big would the SEC championship game be if both teams r in the playoffs already?  if u do that many teams u diminish the meaning of the regular season which is the only season that matters.  I would like a four team playoff that way u still have a meaningfull season where one loss can knock u out but u still see a great couple of games that matter cause all the other bowls dont matter they dont get ratings outside of the teams playing or die hards.  and ur just adding a game so its not that diffuclt to do the four teams can start off the bowl season and then end it with the championship game so the two teams still have plenty of time to get ready and it will eliminate the rust because now some teams have three months inbetween their last games and the championship game
"Since we like to travel she let us run a train."
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 12:56pm
I just want all of the bowl games back on January 1st. The New Years Day games have become virtually irrevelant.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 2:46pm
well in order to have a "real" national champion, everyone must have a chance.  The SEC champ game would still be huge from the stand point of seeding purposes (not to mention WINNING the SEC).  Right now there are 11 Div 1A conferences.  To be fair every conference champion should be allowed to compete for a national championship, just like they do in basketball.  
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by SRC_ROLLTIDE

The only fair way to do it is to have a sixteen team playoff, take the conference champ from each of the Div 1A conferences (SEC, Big East, ACC, Big 12, Big 10, Pac 10, WAC, MAC, MWC, C-USA, and Sunbelt)...the remaining 5 spots are at-large bids (perhaps for the next top five teams according to the polls).  Seeding could take place using the polls where the lowest ranked team is automatically the 16 seed and so on.  Then the pairing would be like they do in college basketball, #1v#16, #2v#15, etc, etc.  The BCS bowls could be used as the playing grounds for the 15 games...And on top of that you can keep the "other bowls" as the "NIT" of football LOL...  It's only fair if you include the champion of each conference...That way we may have some "March Madness" in December and January too.
I guess that is too easy though so why the hell would we want it?  Not to mention ALL THE MONEY IT WOULD BRING!  

dude, 16 teams? that is way to much. that is four extra games dude, they are growning kids not pro adults. that is to much on a young kid(15 game season?) not only that risking getting hurt and missing a chance and a career as a pro player. its against ncaa regulations anyways...

Originally posted by BAIN

I just want all of the bowl games back on January 1st. The New Years Day games have become virtually irrevelant.

lol so you can miss over half of them? there are like 30 bowls these days and i watch every single one of them for the most part. i like that 2 weeks of bowl games.

EnVy must be earned"
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

Originally posted by SRC_ROLLTIDE

dude, 16 teams? that is way to much. that is four extra games dude, they are growning kids not pro adults. that is to much on a young kid(15 game season?) not only that risking getting hurt and missing a chance and a career as a pro player. its against ncaa regulations anyways...

lol so you can miss over half of them? there are like 30 bowls these days and i watch every single one of them for the most part. i like that 2 weeks of bowl games.

UMMM some teams already play 14 games a season (includes conference champ game and bowl game, Hawaii plays 13 games a season b/c the NCAA lets them have one extra home game to offset travel spending).  It really isnt that much...How about make the season 11 games AGAIN so that teams can stop playing so many cupcakes every year like Louisiana -Enter the City here- and Northeast School for the Blind etc etc...Basketball is very physical and they play 40 games a season...AND BTW Division 1AA does the SAME EXACT THING playing 14-16 games a season....IT IS NOT TOO MUCH!!!
No pension to retire <_<
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 3:19pm

My bad. I should have said all of the significant bowl games. They can still have the "Fred's Deli and Auto Repair" bowl on some December weeknight.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 3:47pm
I agree with you 100% Bain, wow how I miss getting up on New Years Day and watching the Sugar Bowl or the Orange Bowl....Now we have bowls like the International Bowl or the GMAC Bowl being played AFTER Jan. 1.  What a bummer :(
No pension to retire <_<
modelhyp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote modelhyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 3:55pm

oklahoma sooners fan!! Heart

R.I.P- POP, 2/12/2010

I only say what I want you to hear.
You'll only see what I want to show..
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 4:18pm

This whole Brett Farve non sense is making me lol!!!

Got I hate the Wack ... especially their hillbilly fans!
Team iAM
Team iAM
Stair Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_xplorer2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 8:52pm

ur not goin to get a fair shake down for everyone i mean you say u want march madness but what about the entire season before nobody cares about any game in the regular season  and futher more they have shows on who got left out of the tourny so unless we invite every team to this then someone is going to be left out this every game matters is y i love college football enen against southern mississippi state girls team i have to watch or i could miss something.  Pro football doesnt have that i have to see what every other team does to see if we get jumped or if we move up thats y i love it.  If bama loses it ruins ur month not day

_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 8:54pm

My bad. I should have said all of the significant bowl games. They can still have the "Fred's Deli and Auto Repair" bowl on some December weeknight.

yeah i hear ya, but that gave me pretty much an excuse to get drunk and hang with friends and eat hot wings till i puked for two weeks. ive gotten used to it and can actually sit there and watch all the games. i dont mind it one bit. thats about the only excuses i can have missing work with my pops. getting laid and to much beer watching football =]

EnVy must be earned"
Team iAM
Team iAM
Stair Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_xplorer2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

yeah i hear ya, but that gave me pretty much an excuse to get drunk and hang with friends and eat hot wings till i puked for two weeks. ive gotten used to it and can actually sit there and watch all the games. i dont mind it one bit. thats about the only excuses i can have missing work with my pops. getting laid and to much beer watching football =]
well said Clap
oXxLunacyxXo View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote oXxLunacyxXo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 1:37am
redskins & 4 college vatech try ***in with a hokie
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 2:24pm

+
That's funny. They do have a ridiculous amount of bowl games.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by oXxLunacyxXo

redskins & 4 college vatech try ***in with a hokie

come sept. 5 I can't wait to f*** with a hokie lol
No pension to retire <_<
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by THE_KING_ETERNAL

f*** the Dallas Cowboys!!! The Packers are gay!!! Go Vikings!!!!!!!!!!!

vikings are trash packers and panthers all da way!!!

you're my hero

If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Ether404

Originally posted by THE_KING_ETERNAL

f*** the Dallas Cowboys!!! The Packers are gay!!! Go Vikings!!!!!!!!!!!

vikings are trash packers and panthers all da way!!!

you're my hero

What! Bret Favre is not your hero? LMFAO!!!!!!
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 3:08pm

he looks quite OLD and rusty there with the Vikings.  October 5th boy.  i'll be calling you out!!!

(yes i left that helmet there on PURPOSE)
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
Team iAM
Team iAM
Stair Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_xplorer2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Ether404

he looks quite OLD and rusty there with the Vikings.  October 5th boy.  i'll be calling you out!!!

(yes i left that helmet there on PURPOSE)
i feel for all Packer fans cause if i saw Dan Marino in jet green i would vomit and never look at him with the same loving look i dont care how rusty and old
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by modelhyp

oklahoma sooners fan!! Heart

do you know why Texas will never fall in the gulf of mexico?

EnVy must be earned"
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 9:26pm
^^^I'm thinking b/c Oklahoma suxxxxx??? LOL  
No pension to retire <_<
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 6:43pm
OK folks, the draft is hours away...Good luck to you all, you're gonna need it
No pension to retire <_<
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 7:00pm
as a bear fan i love this Farve drama. f-ing hilarious!

The other day a packer fan told me hell be a packer fan for 14 games this year.
What a loyal fan base!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>