| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > UT3 Clan Base > Team PcX General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

PcX Server

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team PcX
Team PcX

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PcX Server
    Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 10:43am
After all the discussion and all the hoohar and all the stressing... it's finally here.  Thanks to Midnight Gaming Smile

PcX_HappyFunBalls is running on TDM at the moment Smile

Enjoy! Big smile
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
LAWL_SHOCKZ View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote LAWL_SHOCKZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 10:44am
lol happyfunballs? best name ever..
yup. i'm done.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 11:11am
Hey nice one. You proly discovered that gameservers don't support PS3 but you won't have any problems with Midnightgaming. A slick fast set up and keen support. Its worth the little bit extra for a faster service imo but as Ive said EU needs a private server so i've gone back to AoWC for the time being. I suspect i'll change tack and rejoin MG though cos its like a do-it-yourself server service with code only - no fancy interface. Might even attempt to use my PC.
Anyway if you need help with set up or FTP then holla. Drokun has some good tutorials too and there are loads of ppl here (SW A$$punch, MEGA guys, Ewokk, WOPR) who will be able to help you i'm sure. Great news.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 12:19pm
Seeing how Clan Wars treated Trinity in the end, even if they're not as EU friendly, MG is probably one of the best choices, besides hosting it yourself and whatever else is out there, BESIDES the other two Heavenly's used in the past.
InHuMaNe_KiLLa View Drop Down
Team GOML
Team GOML

Post Options Post Options   Quote InHuMaNe_KiLLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 2:03pm
Hope someone will make another CTF server, [nGs] would but we just don't have the money for it.
PSN Tags - InHuMaN_KiLLa_v2 (for everything but UT3), InHuMaNe_KiLLa, KiLLa_is_QnL, GOML_-ScRuBz-
XBL - iMPuLs3 zV
wOa site created by me - woagaming.enjin.com
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Cloudy_Serendipity

After all the discussion and all the hoohar and all the stressing... it's finally here.  Thanks to Midnight Gaming Smile

PcX_HappyFunBalls is running on TDM at the moment Smile

Enjoy! Big smile

PcX Happy Fun Balls? jeez who came up with that one?  lol
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 7:55pm
Cheers guys Big smile it means now we can host scrims!

I started up with AoW but I'm having so many problems even getting started that I got p!ssed off and went with MG.  If WOPR can help me get the AoW one up then we'll have 2 servers for a bit so I could always stick it on CTF for the month... you never know.  Refused to go with clanwars afrter what they did to Trinity... they suck a$$.

Thanks Trinity Smile I may well need help with FTP and yeah I've seen Drokun's posts on MG servers so between you all I'm in good hands Smile

Rikan... Happy Fun Ball is a standing joke that gets mentioned almost daily by Face, Karma, Okie or myself... surely you remember?  Don't taunt the HFB! lol Wink

PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Cloudy_Serendipity

Cheers guys Big smile it means now we can host scrims!

I started up with AoW but I'm having so many problems even getting started that I got p!ssed off and went with MG.  If WOPR can help me get the AoW one up then we'll have 2 servers for a bit so I could always stick it on CTF for the month... you never know.  Refused to go with clanwars afrter what they did to Trinity... they suck a$$.

Thanks Trinity Smile I may well need help with FTP and yeah I've seen Drokun's posts on MG servers so between you all I'm in good hands Smile

Rikan... Happy Fun Ball is a standing joke that gets mentioned almost daily by Face, Karma, Okie or myself... surely you remember?  Don't taunt the HBF! lol Wink

You guys are too much lol.  Well at least it will def stand out.  will you guys be announcing the server availabitlity to this site?  I think the only other TDM server is from Sacred Warlords.  I'm sure peeps would appreciate knowing there's an alternative.

Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 1:27am
I think I will yes :)

It will get moved around a bit but when it's not in use by us I'll leave it on TDM :)

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 9:08am
Thanks for hosting last night. GGs!!!!! The server ran well.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 9:16am

You might think about turning on the idle kick. Just in case you have any idlers taking a slot away from an actual player. I've also set mine for keyboard/mouse so more people can enjoy it.

Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 8:35pm
Cheers dude :)  GGs yeah was fun :)

I have KBM on as of a few nights ago :) but I might turn it off every now and then for a bit of a change.  Idle kick is something I've looked at and yes I think I will turn that on when I do my next edit.

At the moment I'm struggling with the admin settings... I can't figure out how to kick or ban players from the server... any ideas?

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 2:40pm
I think you have to permanently ban them. I have not figured out how to kick someone at the spur of the moment (when it's needed most, lol).
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 8:52pm
I will be able to figure it out as long as I can access the admin control but I'm not even sure how to get in there.  I have a list of the commands at the ready :)

Incidentally... the idle kick, is that ?bKickLiveIdler=true which goes in the command line or is it just in the game.ini file where you set that up?  I'm going to give it a try tonight.

Post Reply Post Reply