Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General > Quake Live
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Noob Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Buzzin Fr0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Noob Question
    Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 8:46pm
Alright, I finally got to play some QL because it was finally made Mac compatible.  I've got a question regarding the download.  I installed the plug-in (it told me to move it to my internet plug-in folder, which I subsequently created) and the only means of getting it off my desktop was to "eject" (read: delete) it.  I'm guessing it wasn't critical any longer as I can play via safari just fine, but I'm just making sure it's all good and I am not going to run into some kind of error upon trying something.  Sorry, I told you guys it was noobish, but this type of browser-based play is new to me.  BTW, deadaim was kicking some a** in the CTF server I was in.  GG man.  
Got Pwned?

Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 8:49pm

idk im guessing if it you made it thru a couple games okay that you should be all set, yea those were some decent games, other then the newbs calling me an aimbot and threatening to tell on me lol

Buzzin Fr0g View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Buzzin Fr0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 8:53pm
I always consider those kinds of accusations to be complimentary.  Hopefully most of the QL maps make it into QA.  That way I'll have the ins-and-outs down upon its release and I'm not just bumbling around.
Got Pwned?

Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 8:59pm
im sure a decent amount of them will, i doubt it will be identical list tho, there are alot of popular quake 3 maps that arent in quake live yet.

Buzzin Fr0g View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Buzzin Fr0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 9:33pm
Alright Deadaim, I'm out for the night as a pretty savage storm is brewing up.  I kept clicking accept but it wasn't registering.  I sent you 3 friend requests, but my outbox didn't record them either.  I'm hoping these are just a few minor issues that id will iron out.  Tomorrow I'll try to add you again.
Got Pwned?

Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Buzzin Fr0g

I always consider those kinds of accusations to be complimentary. 

on ut3(ps3) i took it as compliments, but on quakelive getting accused of cheating 9 out of 10 times starts a witch hunt in the community, there are a bunch of players that arent proven to be cheaters or be legit but because some people call them aim bots everyone a**umes they are.
sickboogiemurder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 7:38am
Isn't that why they make you install punk buster, so that you can't check?
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 10:13am

people can still cheat, punkbuster doesnt do much

Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 1:21am
Shino cheats.  thats why his rail hit percentage is above 86 percent.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 2:56pm
prepare for noobiness like never before, trainwreck enters quake live
shine on you crazy diamond
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Tr(A)1nWr(E)cK

prepare for noobiness like never before, trainwreck enters quake live

I did too a couple days ago we should play
Can I add you?
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 6:21pm
yeah when i figure this **** out, DEADAIM INEED YOUR HEEEEEEEEELP i think quake live hates my pc. im probably just blind and f***ing something very simple up but it wont let me play :...( though i cant play,yet, think you can still add me xx_trainwreck
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Tr(A)1nWr(E)cK

yeah when i figure this **** out, DEADAIM INEED YOUR HEEEEEEEEELP i think quake live hates my pc. im probably just blind and f***ing something very simple up but it wont let me play :...( though i cant play,yet, think you can still add me xx_trainwreck

okay i added you.. let me know where your having the issue and ill see if we cant figure it out
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 7:21pm
got it workin. its amazing. so is my lag. ****ty old pc. gonna set it up on my roommates laptop and see if it runs smoother
 Post Reply Post Reply