| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Custom Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Warfare

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Team iAM
Team iAM

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote darakoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom Warfare
    Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 3:02pm

It was suggested to me that I make a post about some custom warfare maps, so here it goes.

I have a dedicated server up and running called iAMCustomWARFARE.  I will be hosting only custom warfare maps on this server.

My plan is to have have 3 maps on this server initially, then there will be a weekly addition to the server of one map per week.

If there are ever any suggested maps or mods or other ideas please respond to this post and I will do my best to respond to the suggestions/questions.

First three maps:

WAR-BeachFront:
Author:Nathaniel "_N_" Rossol
Description:
_N_ writes,
"One of the things I kept in mind whilst designing the map was the many common UT3 complaints that I heard. Such as "UT3 maps are dark" or "gloomy" or "terribly blurry". I decided to tackle this misconception head-on and envisioned my map as an ideal day at the beach: bright, sunny, and clear!"

To install on your PS3:

1.  Copy USERDATA.JAM to any USB Drive/flash drive supported by your PS3.  (Its better/faster if you have a flash drive, than installing directly to PS3 via this link.)
2.  Take flash drive out of your PC and place it in a USB port on your PS3.
3.  On Unreal Tournament 3 Main Menu screen select: Community: Mod Browser: hit square for - Import Content: then select your USB flash drive: hit X to Import Mod.
4.  It will then install mod and unpack mod, wait for it to finish then you are ready to play the custom map.

WAR-Arctic Stronghold
Author: Bret Hart
Description: All the snowy slopes throughout the level are really fast. The warfare layout is perfectly done.  Bret Hart writes, "A remake from UT2004's ONS-ArticStronghold."

WAR-XcavatedOE
Author: BigDog

Description: An excellent map set in an excavated city. A single prime node and loads of peripheral nodes keep the map interesting.  BigDog writes, "I've been making maps for over a year now and have put a few of them out. My main focus was recreating ONS maps, so that's the direction I took and did not include orbs in them. Well there's been enough requests out there for orb editions so what I've done over the last few months was go back into some of my older maps and include a setup with the orb included. While I was at it I did a few bug fixes to each map and on one of them I did a whole re-theme of the map."

The wisdom for which all philosophers are in search is the knowledge of first principles and the causes of things.
darakoom View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote darakoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 3:32pm
ohh
The wisdom for which all philosophers are in search is the knowledge of first principles and the causes of things.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 3:36pm
Are you hosting this from a PS3, PC or leasing a server? Either way, thanks for doing this. Much appreciated.
darakoom View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote darakoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 3:43pm
I am hosting it from a PS3, because it is the only way that I know of to play all custom content.  I know the ping may not be great all the time so I will constantly be upgrading my internet service.  Thanks.
iAM_NotImpressed View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
iAM Warfare Co-Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_NotImpressed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 4:17pm
Thanks darakoom.

The worst of the best.
PS3 = YLOD
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 5:31pm
yeah man  thanks and when my ps3 is fix i will  be hopping in there from time to time
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
darakoom View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote darakoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 6:02pm
Yeah make sure you download the whole map.  If it only takes a second you did not download the whole map.  Click on the link and download it again, you may have to overwrite the first attemted download.  I do not know why this happens.
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 6:05pm
yeah gow's website used to do the same thing back in the day for some reason too
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 6:05pm
Maybe it'd be nice if there were some set times where people say they'll check it out to get it started
Nootsac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nootsac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 7:13pm
Nice darakoom! the one problem with most ps3 cooks is that if they were done before patch 2.1 they will not work anymore. Any custom maps that you want to work with the new patch must be recooked with patch 2.1. If you need any help let me know. I was planning on a mid week custom map night also like GOW used to do but if this works out there would be no need too. Thanks Koom!!!

Im trying to re a**emble GOW on the ps3 side so if that happens there will be much more custom warfare sh1t out. Im putting together another map pack too which i will post when im done :)  Make sure you checkout GOW WAR Map pack 1!!
darakoom View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote darakoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 8:23pm
Yeah I thought about the cooking thing and I tried all three maps, and they worked so far, but if I need help I will be asking.
ITheFallenI View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITheFallenI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 8:51pm
no one plays warfare anymore lol

****s dumb and always has been

I shall rise again....
darakoom View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote darakoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2009 at 8:55pm
Well thank you for the comment, can't wait to play with/against you sometime.  So I can teach you somethings.
Nootsac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nootsac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 10:24am
So what day were u planning to do this koom? 

If i were you I would take Artic Stronhold down and go with TOODarkPark. Too Dark is a legit remake of the old artic stronghold from 2k4 while the Artic you have is a half a** made war map.

Thats just my opionion, and if you need help handpicking nice war maps let me know. Did the maps that you grabbed from our site actually work with the new patch? If it did Im gonna kill epic because I started to delete all the ps3 links we had on our site cause I was under the impression they wouldnt. AHHHHH!!!!!
darakoom View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote darakoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 11:00am
No actually as of yesterday I had not grabbed any maps off your site, just off ut3mod.  ArcticStronghold still worked for me but I don't know if it does for everyone.
darakoom View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote darakoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 11:19am

I am planning to have this dedicated server up all the time so if anyone at any time wants to play then they can.

However I do see the merit of potentially picking a couple of nights where people will put aside for custom WARFARE maps, or maybe they won't I don't mind.  I'll throw out Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday as my vote, any one or all of those days would be cool.  I don't care what time, let me know what time you think.

In addition to that after a few requests on PSN, last night, I have already added more maps to the custom server.  The GOW map pack 1.  Here's a link:

Click to enlargeClick to enlargeClick to enlargeClick to enlarge
Click to enlargeClick to enlargeClick to enlargeClick to enlarge

ENJOY!!!
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 11:20am
What I meant by it is that at the start not a lot of people will have these maps, and not everyone comes to iAMgaming.com and finds these links, so I thought that by doing that at least a small community is ensured to have these maps
darakoom View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote darakoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 11:32am
Yeah cool man whatever time and day is cool, let me know what you all come up with.
ut3pure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ut3pure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 12:45pm
This one of my favorite.  Cool exploding sequence at end.
WAR-Omikron
http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=26348898#post26348898
PS3 Download
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1niqdnvnlzt/USERDATA.JAM
ournemesis View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote ournemesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2009 at 7:03pm
I like what your doing Darakoom , Any days are o.k. for me as long as there is a day in between to catch up on my sleep .
cannon_nemesis iAM_Avenger GOW_Nemesis
darakoom View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote darakoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 2:14pm
This weeks maps:

This week there are two new maps for your enjoyment.

Name: WAR-Imperialism 
Compatibility: PS3
Description: The Conquest of the World.
Author: spacedemonebu

This map is gigantic and really fun to play, many vehicles, health, armor, and really terrific custom mini-map and core explosion sequence. 
Download this map it is really cool. 
Downfall of the map may be that it needs alot of people to play it, because of its size. 
But it is still fun, driving a LEVIATHAN over mountains and through oceans of the world is really fun

Title : War-MiddleCityArena
Author : UNREALBOMBER
Compatibility: UT3 (PS3)

This map is a cla**ic, it is really fun to play.

WAR-MiddleCityArena Shhhhh
WAR-MiddleCityArena Shhh
Screenshot of MiddleCityArena Shhh Unfortunately there are no enlargements currently available for this image.
MiddleCityArena Shhhh Unfortunately there are no enlargements currently available for this image.

Enjoy!!!
Nootsac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nootsac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 2:53pm

Have u tested imperialism yet? Its made for a 32-900 players and is waaaay to big to play on the ps3.  Its a really original idea but the gameplay of that map sucks. You might run into the other team once on that map if your lucky :P

darakoom View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote darakoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 4:54pm
Yeah I know its just a way cool map that is fun to play.  It is big but man it is cool.  Yes I have tested all maps that I put on the server.
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 5:31pm
dude i miss  playing middle city arena i remember one  GOW practice i was dominating the game with a darkwalker. i was killing nootsac and Durgesic and everyone else like it was nothing and i would of been able to  keep doing if some a**hole didn't start blowing up all the vehicles on my side. ahhhhh! good memories. man i can't wait for my **** to be fixed, so i can get back to playing.
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 5:48pm
Herr yahhh, Middle City Arena is an awesome custom map.  Very nice layout, good vehicle selections.  We had some epic battles on this map back in the day.....good times
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>