Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Headsets and other accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Control Freek!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Control Freek!!
    Posted: 29 Aug 2009 at 12:43pm
I just got these sweet little add-on joysticks for my controller at kontrolfreek.com
These fps-freek add-ons are intended for xbox controllers but they fit snugly on the ps3 controllers as well.  They rub a little when you are full forward on the stick and pressing L3/R3, but over time I think they will smooth themselves out.  I also got their speedfreek add-ons for racing games.  It is a thumb-saddle that you rest your thumbs in, rather than having to press on your sticks for steering.  It is meant to relieve thumb fatigue over long use. 
It will take me a little practice to get used to the differences, but I can see these things totally changing my aim accuracy with just a little more practice, and by me changing my ingame sensitivity settings a little.

Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2009 at 12:47pm
looks pretty interesting, this might make me hate the 360 controllers less if i'd have one
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2009 at 12:49pm
The best part is they make the end of the joystick concave now, so it is much more comfortable on the thumb.  Plus my left joystick is polished smooth by overuse and my thumb is always sliding around on it in the heat of battle.  These will definitely help.
krzys773 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Massacre Monster

Post Options Post Options   Quote krzys773 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2009 at 3:36pm
Those look nice.I use these
Took awhile to get used to
http://www.qfonic.com/images/products/gio-ps3trig/image01.jpg
Nissan SiLViA
Nissan 300zx
Yamaha Yzf R6
    <3
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 12:48pm
yeah I saw those real triggers too, they look helpful.  So the verdict is in...I love these fpsfreek add-ons!!  best 10 dollars you could spend to help your game.  I ended up just using one of them on my right joystick, I like the regular joystick better for my movement.
iAM_KayoticKilla View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Father of 3

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_KayoticKilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 3:34am
Just got my real triggers for 2 of my ps3 controllers today, but haven't really tried them out on any FPSers yet. I'm also planning on getting 2 pairs of FPS-freeks as well when funds premit.
iAM_Dedicated, iAM_Dependable, iAM_Dynamic: I Am KayoticKilla
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 3:13pm
best $10 you will ever spend, let me tell ya. 

grog_grog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote grog_grog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by GOW_KillinUGood

best $10 you will ever spend, let me tell ya. 

yup.  i just got the fps freek too.  Same as mentioned, I only use it on right trigger for aiming, so maybe best $5 i ever spent on ps3.  Between that, and tweaking my sensitivity and turn accell, i suddenly feel like i'm in control again and not totally spazzing all the time. 
The rocket is my master.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 4:23am
All my DS3's have L2&R2 trigger addons, they were a lil clumsy, so i took my dremel to em an they hug my trigger fingers.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

so i took my dremel to em an they hug my trigger fingers.
What does this mean.

One of the biggest problems I have is inadvertent weapons swithing when I go one on one in a footbattle.

It seems like these exascerbate that.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 7:58pm
Not sure what you mean when you say, what do i mean, but the l2 and r2 trigger addons are a lil weird at first, so i just ground it out in the middle section so it curves exactly around my finger when i place it on the trigger
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

Not sure what you mean when you say, what do i mean, but the l2 and r2 trigger addons are a lil weird at first, so i just ground it out in the middle section so it curves exactly around my finger when i place it on the trigger

gotcha! the word dremel threw me off ... I know now ... its a brand
 Post Reply Post Reply