| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Average number of players still playing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Noob
Noob

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote CzarZach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Average number of players still playing?
    Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 3:32pm
I bought the game for my PC when it first came out, but now i only use my PS3, due to i had to get a new computer awhile back.

it's only twenty bucks now, and that's not such a burden if people don't play it much.

But, what do you figure the average amount of people that still play this on the PS3 daily?

Is it usually dead or is the game still thriving?
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 3:35pm
well. its not totally dead, there is still alot of good players here, and play some good games. its just not as active or as competetive as before. great players have left. alot less clan games. also there is quite some drama... but it depends what dead means to u. on a competeive level, its not great. but there is always some good games in pubs.. but for me and many others, its fine :)
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 3:37pm
It depends on the day, who you ask, and what mode but when I have my PS3 servers in a public mode I'll get a couple hundred people every 24hrs...which is not huge but it's enough that I can almost always find a game when I'm on. 

I generally play/host footmodes.  When I do peek in on Warfare or VCTF.. in general there are 1 maybe 2 servers with a decent player count...it seems less active there than the footmodes but I really can't say for sure because I'm not there enough.

None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
CarloThunder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by CzarZach

I bought the game for my PC when it first came out, but now i only use my PS3, due to i had to get a new computer awhile back.

it's only twenty bucks now, and that's not such a burden if people don't play it much.

But, what do you figure the average amount of people that still play this on the PS3 daily?

Is it usually dead or is the game still thriving?

I never have a problem finding a decent game.  Deathmatch has a few servers that got full often like Clanwars GA1, Ter Frag net, and a few others.  Only problem though is that Arsenal, Deck and Rising Sun get played way too much on those servers.

I only ever see the Mega Midway server full on CTF.  VCTF has several servers that get full often.  Warfare sometimes has a full server when i'm online but not always.  Greed and Betrayal rarely get played.

I'd say the games still thriving.  I've been playing since December and the community hasn't shrunk much if at all.
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 3:41pm
yeah vctf is the most active.. for me i usually find a few full servers there around 10ish (uk)... warfare is said to be at it greatest at around late eastern... . if your a vehicle player, then yeah its active. foot mode player, its not great.
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 3:42pm
Oh and I forgot to mention that we are almost complete with our first 1v1 tourney...and we plan to have more in the future...so competition isn't totally dead...but yeah I agree with Matt it's not the most competitive scene anymore...we're trying to do what we can to keep what we have and build from there.
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by ThAtSmAtT

yeah vctf is the most active.. for me i usually find a few full servers there around 10ish (uk)... warfare is said to be at it greatest at around late eastern... . if your a vehicle player, then yeah its active. foot mode player, its not great.

LOL see what I mean!  It depends who you ask...pretty much the exact opposite of what I see...funny!
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 3:46pm
I find good games in CTF, Warfare and VCTF almost every day.
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 3:46pm
yeah i know haha, thats what i think only cos ive played this since it came out. and for me and most others who have had this game for a long time wi say its different and less active thna it was lets say half a year ago. if someone is reletivly new they would say its fine lol. im not saying foot modes are dead.. just vehicle modes are the most played now. but there are good efforts in keeping footmodes alive :)
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by ThAtSmAtT

im not saying foot modes are dead.. just vehicle modes are the most played now.

But that's what I'm saying...I don't think that's true.  I can get into a warfare game just as easily as a CTF game.  There's almost always someone dueling and if there isn't if I sit in a server for 5 minutes someone will come.

I say we meet in the middle and say both flavors are just as active! lol!
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 4:03pm
TDM-bout 2 servers full
CTF-MEGA server usually gets full quick, and another server is usually half full.
VCTF-most ppl play this imo. usually 3 full servers.
wafare-i never really go into this mode NEmore cuzz all the servers seem dead. sometimes 1 server is full tho.
Duel-pritty crazy, could be empty then like in 5 mins. 4 servers could get full.
game is pritty fun but i still play cuzz theres just alot of ppl to chill out and talk 2 in the community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 4:07pm
Euro or American?
I'm Euro and when I play there's usually 1 or 2 warfare servers going, maybe 1 or 2 duels (gets more as it gets later), CTF has an active server most of the time, at other days 2 active servers, tdm seems to have an active server, DM probably has plenty of activity too. Greed and Betrayal are quite dead.
Oh and yeah, most ppl in vCTF.
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 5:01pm
I've seen a bit more traffic in the Warfare and VCTF servers lately. You actually see more than one full server sometimes.
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 5:49pm
im bored outta my skull at work, so heres some easy number crunching using the following a**umptions:

If there are regularly:

2 vCTF
2 DM
1 WF
1 TDM
1 CTF

servers full most of the time, and a**uming 16 ports each

Then there's roughly 100 - 112 players on at all times.
(The exact number is 112) if all slots all full but thats not the case.  ... at all times
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 6:01pm
lets just put it this way, the games not dead thanks to some 100-200? people being diehards....but it's on life support.  I think it's fair to say that if we as a community are still here NOW, we'll prolly be here for a much longer duration 
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by SRC_ROLLTIDE

lets just put it this way, the games not dead thanks to some 100-200? people being diehards....but it's on life support.  I think it's fair to say that if we as a community are still here NOW, we'll prolly be here for a much longer duration 

Actually Rolltide the number of total active players is proly much higher.
Consider this: my number of servers full a**umptions are generally full at all times during the course of the day.

People are dropping in and out constantly, so 100-112 is at any given point in time.

The number of actives must be higher to maintain my a**umptions.

If on average 25 people drop out and 25  (a**uming 5 per mode) people drop in to keep the servers full during a 12 hour day call it ... that puts the community in the 300-400 range in total.
Conservatively.
SRC_ROLLTIDE View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_ROLLTIDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 7:18pm
oh yeah I am sure its higher than the 100 to 200...I was talking about the "die hards"...Those you know are going to be there most nights...that's why the game is still going...I wasn't talking about those that sign on a few times a month although they are important too
No pension to retire <_<
"They've got a name for the winners in the world...they call Alabama the Crimson Tide."-Steely Dan
AKA: RollTideAlabama, Rage-of-ROLLTIDE, Fear-of-ROLLTIDE
 Post Reply Post Reply