Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Weekly Gathering

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Team VAG
Team VAG

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weekly Gathering
    Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 8:37pm
Idea: weekly gathering locked room pa**worded any one of us could join starting with deathmatch then the following week move to the next mode.

Goal:  play different modes and mainly just to have fun

rules: no trash talking, no egos, nothing but good fun depending on how its hosted the person who trash talks will get booted its meant to be played for fun nothing but good games

how about it guys and gals? again anyone could join even if you dont play the damn mode you could join its all for fun anyways win or lose if teams are unbalanced politely ask we are all adults im sure we can work out an even team (when going into team based modes)

(no this is not for tonight unless there is enough people on tonight) this can be done anytime...

edit: this would be a good chance for 360 cross overs to get to know the community and to play with us
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 8:39pm
This sounds good. We could run a few servers if need be. Let me know and I'll send out the word to ckc.
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 8:40pm
yeah i talked to wopr he said he could host also if more than one server is used lets try and keep it in the same mode
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 8:55pm
Ya, have fun with this guys.
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 9:01pm
^^^ the kind of attitude i dont want if it doesnt happen oh well the point of this is to just have fun with the game and not do the same old boring daily routine
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 9:03pm
Rev, plz point out the attitude part of my post. I just wished whoever was participating in this the best of luck.
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 9:03pm
hay i cant wait to do this when i get a pee ess 3
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 9:39am
wow..u know..this proves this community has and is nothing  i put up an idea for all of us to get together and play every mode with each other and by the looks of it you all shut the idea down...
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 10:10am
Defo up for this!!! What time u thinking? These kinda games make me respawn about 8 times per minute but its a lot of fun.
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 10:18am
its up to "community" on when its best for them if everyone agrees like i posted it wont be just DM the following week after the DM would be TDM then CTF then vctf then warfare etc etc.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 10:31am
Friday nights? I remember back in the day we used to play custom maps on Killing Spree's server... normally 5v5 and after every game the top player from the winning team swapped with the bottom player from the losing team.

We used to have people like rivers, ks and myself playin! Can't remember all the other guys names but remember getting juggernauted by rivers several times on Aggresive Alleys.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 10:39am
We could do that with maps already confirmed to work on dedicated servers (only for vctf there's just 1 map right now)
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 10:42am
yeah that would mean someone would have to post the maps that are gunna be on the servers with download links... stock+custom would be fine
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 10:51am
Well AA Hot, AA Wet, Megastructure and Crater mining camp (amazing) all worked well in the past.

Obv this isn't just about vctf but think you would see the most participation here... I'm defo getting this spoondog shizzle tonight!
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 10:53am
well if most participation is going to be in vctf then this is going nowhere this is meant for everyone to quit the hermit **** and leave outside their modes to play with every and get to know everyone
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 10:57am
try it, I'm down for any mode but like I said it doesn't look like the foot mode players will get involved. I mean the duel tourney probably wouldn't have gone thru if it wasn't for wopr baby sitting 90% of the players involved and that was for cash.

Warfare all stars game had loads of players just itching to get involved and that had no money involved. Just two cases but u do the maths...
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 11:49am
thats true but that goes both ways look at this...this website most players here are vehicle players...and look how many of these 500+ players are jumpin to this idea to play together pathetic only us few are the ones willing to do this. i do agree the foot mode players who wont pay vehicles cause its not their cup of tea well they are f***in idiots and shouldnt play this game if its a friendly chance like this to play with everyone else... same goes for vehicle players if you guys dont play the foot modes bunch of idiots also
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 11:56am
lol haha I know... I don't mind playing as long as its not gonna be a pointess ****fest which is where the fun comes in of swapping the teams up coz its nice to stand there and watch people **** the other team whilst I watch in awe.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 11:58am
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

thats true but that goes both ways look at this...this website most players here are vehicle players...and look how many of these 500+ players are jumpin to this idea to play together pathetic only us few are the ones willing to do this. i do agree the foot mode players who wont pay vehicles cause its not their cup of tea well they are f***in idiots and shouldnt play this game if its a friendly chance like this to play with everyone else... same goes for vehicle players if you guys dont play the foot modes bunch of idiots also

Coincidentally../fortunately the players who're always up for competition are also the better/best players.

Originally posted by Danjel8

Well AA Hot, AA Wet, Megastructure and Crater mining camp (amazing) all worked well in the past.

Obv this isn't just about vctf but think you would see the most participation here... I'm defo getting this spoondog shizzle tonight!

Those are probably all on player host though
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 12:10pm
I don't have any custom maps on my server but you're welcome to use it. I'd be interested in playing also.
Cruel IntentionZ View Drop Down
Team AA
Team AA
Val and I share Mikey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cruel IntentionZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 12:17pm
i think this is a cool idea    i'm up for it, so long as people dont take it too seriously and noone shouts at me for being a no0b    i'm awful at vctf but it would be nice to try something different and play some games with you guys!
Some people are alive simply because it’s against the law to kill them.
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by LaDy_LuCiFer

i think this is a cool idea    i'm up for it, so long as people dont take it too seriously and noone shouts at me for being a no0b    i'm awful at vctf but it would be nice to try something different and play some games with you guys!
thats the whole point is to play other modes and to get everyone playin together no **** talkin that wont be tolerated if it goes on request wil be made to kick that player out
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 12:43pm
crazy suggestion but should a master list of names be collected then that way we could slap a pw on the server. this community is pretty much like 6 degrees of separation anyway. we are all connected. we can then invite people who want to be there instead of random idle sitters as well. just an idea don't butcher it apart. lol
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 12:50pm
no its a great idea and a start but at the same time i still dont think people will join other modes i know for a fact incremental wont ever step into a vehicle mode maybe wopr but im sure wopr is always willin to play new things we should just make a list of who is WILLING to play ALL modes and i cant emphasize that enough  if foot mode players only participate in foot modes and vice versa i dont think they should be allowed to participate in the next iamgaming event unless they have a legit reason like family or life issues thats fine but if we see anyone only participating in their safe modes we should be aware of that this is to bring ppl together and to play outside ur modes

edit: it would be awesome if we were all drunk like some of us used to do playin in fear phantoms old rooms man those were hella good times and i know bain remembers those...or does he... haha
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 12:52pm
ill join you guys but i can only play stock maps until the end of the month

so just send me the invite rev.

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>