FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Decent headphones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ultra Member
Ultra Member
Th3 D3v14nT On3

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote W4RH34RT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Decent headphones
    Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 2:09pm
i jus bought sony MDR-XB500 headphones n they kick a** for late night gamin. i even use then durin the day for duels. it makes my gameplay better because i can hear whre everything is!

anyway i was wondering if any1 has done this n found out this. n also i recommend it i ur looking into getting better at duel. they cost £40($60) so not too far. you can get a cheapear set at like £10($15) cheaper  but with lwss ba** frequency.

PSN-WARHEART333, FûK_1nG-D3v14nT
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 2:45pm
Yeah bro a lot of the great duelers have headphones or some type of audio enhancement to hear better then just a tv with in game audio tweaking as well.

Just so you know and others as well you don't really want anythang with a lot of ba** frequency on you lows side. Ba** distorts sound and overides the highs your wanting to hear. To much ba** can be bad.

I have highly expensive gaming earphones that I use for dueling as well as MP3 playbacks. Earphones have some of the clearest, cleanest sounds outhere with usually less lows and more highs and can have a higher SPL rating.

Mine are competition grade headphones so I don't expect people to spend that much money but when going to look for headphones don't let looks fool you. A $10 pair of earphones for a iPod can outdo a $50 pair that we call "big cans" that look better when really they aren't.

So yeah I say a handful of us use headphones, aint gonna list names tho. No reason to.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 2:50pm
Ewokk uses his iPod ears, appearantly that helps - pretty cheap solution if you already have an ipod.
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 2:54pm
I play with the audio from my tv. I only use headphones when I feel like they're necessary, which is like 5% of the time i'm in UT3. War, if you have a HD tv with good audio output, just adjust your settings and play like that. In some cases, this option is better than using headphones (provided that you also have a surround sound setup as well)
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 3:06pm
@Drokun, yeah I heard that's what Phant was using for a while at least. The other night when I played ewokk I believe he wasn't using them or they weren't working good, a lot of thangs happened that shldnt happened to headphone players. I dnt thank he had them in tho.

@Kali, I agree, I only have a 480P TV with just component hookups so my audio aint that great plus these earphones in terms of sounds can put a nice surround sound to shame, lol, but they were $180.00 to, lol.

I use them everyday tho at work cause its so loud here and already got my moneys worth out of them. Its like buying oakley sungla**es or snap on tools. If u don't use them everyday buy something cheap, they'll get you buy.
krzys773 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Massacre Monster

Post Options Post Options   Quote krzys773 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 6:02pm
I use these
Not for gaming though.
http://imgstore.martbase.com/jingpinshop88/20080603105524_big.jpg
They cost like 200 but i use them as djing headphones
Nissan SiLViA
Nissan 300zx
Yamaha Yzf R6
    <3
W4RH34RT View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member
Th3 D3v14nT On3

Post Options Post Options   Quote W4RH34RT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 11:45am
i'm still a bit sceptical. lol i like using headphones but that means i cant use my mic as good cuz the voices become distorted but headphons are beter or duel. any1 kno of a set of 4hz that has a mic 2?

PSN-WARHEART333, FûK_1nG-D3v14nT
iTz-He4DSh0T View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote iTz-He4DSh0T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 5:43pm
I Use Creative Fatal1ty Headsets. i bought a 3.5mm jack to USB sound card so i can use the Mic on these bad boys :P TBH they are Very Clear and also have good ba** without any distort :D
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 1:06pm
personally if you want to make urself better i would just recommend using ur surround sound and just practicing on ur predictions why dont you ask incremental what happened theother day when he finally didnt use his headphones.... he played worse then a noob  lol yes i play with sound (from my surround sound) but most of the skill that comes in to play is predictions
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

personally if you want to make urself better i would just recommend using ur surround sound and just practicing on ur predictions why dont you ask incremental what happened theother day when he finally didnt use his headphones.... he played worse then a noob  lol yes i play with sound (from my surround sound) but most of the skill that comes in to play is predictions

I cant imagine playing a fps gaming without headphones. Your playing without sounds? Your playing half of the game.

I occasionally play without sound and I am the one who gets 10 - 0'd by average duelers. But when I have sound, I can predict things accurately and when to be predicting...

There a limit to someone's skill until you pick up a pair and take it further....
name_is_clantag
WEAPoNiZ3D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote WEAPoNiZ3D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 1:10am
AKG-K701
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by RemY

Originally posted by ReverendCrow

I cant imagine playing a fps gaming without headphones. Your playing without sounds? Your playing half of the game.

I occasionally play without sound and I am the one who gets 10 - 0'd by average duelers. But when I have sound, I can predict things accurately and when to be predicting...

There a limit to someone's skill until you pick up a pair and take it further....
i use surround sound i dont play with headphones i think im one of the only good duelers besides kali who doesnt use headphones everyone else i know uses them using surround sound only goes so far as far as sound goes the rest just comes from knowin how much damage my opponent has absorbed plus watchin headphone users duel is rediculously boring like right now im watchin incremental duel and all hes doing is campin  SOOOOO f***in boring its the only reason he gets so many kills on me is cause of the headphones but just imagine being good without them and THEN using the headphones how much better ull be
SHINOBI View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote SHINOBI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 5:10am
I use my headphones for music and all my games movies Tv and i also have my surround its all good LoL.
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 2:24pm
I don't camp Rev, u just mad cause u got owned over and over yesterday like a noob unless we were doing the TDM thang.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by INCReMENTAL

I don't camp Rev, u just mad cause u got owned over and over yesterday like a noob unless we were doing the TDM thang.
yes i had a bad day u beat me for once in ..how long...i came back after not playn for ..4 months and still beat u... wo0o0 i had a bad day i had a headache my eyes were heavier then ur moms tits when i finally got in bed i was out nothing could wake me up dont get c***y cause u finally beat me...1 day... what happened when i owned ur a** 10-1 or 10-2 u b****ed then also we went back and forth and yes watchin u duel u did camp alot standin still waitin for ur opponent to go to where ur standin..thats called camping
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2009 at 3:47pm