FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Keyboard & Mouse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Team Devil
Team Devil
Stinger Noob

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr4g0v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keyboard & Mouse
    Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 4:23pm
I've got a keyboard to write message, i've buy a mouse laser. I think keyboard and mouse are better that controller! (not sure ^^)
I need some tutorial by player to play with keyboard and mouse! Sure some guys can help me !
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 4:25pm
If you can get used to it, it can be better yah...

Didn't a**ociate use Mouse & Keyboard? Maybe you can ask him.
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 4:25pm
Try mouse and controller...it's by far the best combination I think.

None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
Dr4g0v View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil
Stinger Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr4g0v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Supreme_Venom

If you can get used to it, it can be better yah...

Didn't a**ociate use Mouse & Keyboard? Maybe you can ask him.

As.Sociate use controller ! ;)

Controller and mouse i try that tomorrow !
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 4:31pm
obv kbm > six axis... your taking a whole hand, wrist and a arm with over 200 muscles vrs a single thumb with only 4. ive just heard that there are certain things you must download and use to smooth out the mouse movements bc all of the kbm players say that kbm sucks. but after doing a lot of research about kbm on a console, there are a few things you need to do first, then get used to it. but it shouldnt take long at all and it will/should be 10x easier to frag because of the mouse..

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
MrKshaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MrKshaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 4:42pm
someone here tryed frag fx v2??
Thinking of bying one!
but not if its a waste...

krister
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 4:44pm
Why when you can use a mouse and keyboard
name_is_clantag
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 4:59pm
Yeah unless you plan on using it for other games there is zero comparison between that crappy fragfx mouse and a decent PC gaming mouse.  I love my G9...I recommend it to anyone.
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 5:29pm
I won my mouse a year ago in a small LAN at penn state.  People say Razer sucks, but it doesn't.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 5:37pm
yeah most people cant get the hang of keyboard i sure couldnt (since im used to double tappin on pc) so i went with controller and mouse which like wopr said its an amazing combo if you need help with that setup just let me know ill be more then willing to help it does take a time to get used to but well worth it when you do

edit: i dont see why ppl post here who dont use kb/m so pointless
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 5:40pm
Lol @ Envy. Its not that mouse > controller.

It that MY MOUSE > YOUR CONTROLLER.

Lol, ggs lastnight, had a blast.
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 5:45pm
Steel Series Edition IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 > ALL
name_is_clantag
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 5:51pm
I wouldn't recommend the fragfx v2.  It is quirky in many ways, the controller portion is uncomfortably designed, and the mouse moves at different speeds along the x axis compared to the y axis.  I played with it for about 3 days, now it collects dust on the shelf.  Yay, $80 dustbunny collector!!!!
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 6:01pm
Lol oregon trail, I so remember that but not much mouse usage there plus wasn't that like early 90s
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

envy quit with the lies second you dont use keyboard and mouse on the ps3 so you dont know the type of support the ps3 has....(???)second(???) yes ive use mouse for gaming on pc also for quit some times but we are talkin about the ps3 we are talkin about a sony computer entertainment product not a PC pc support rules why is it that you dont play on the ps3 with mouse if your so pro at it?

yeah your right ive never heard of researching it on the web, nor have i ever once talked to players that use the kbm on the ps3...

Originally posted by INCReMENTAL

Lol oregon trail, I so remember that but not much mouse usage there plus wasn't that like early 90s

lmao hell nah they had that **** when i was in the 3rd grade back in 86 on floppy. i guess you could search it and find out =/

EnVy must be earned"
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 6:06pm
***n Oregon Trail, I am mad Envy. I so remember always getting bit by a snake or someone would get TB or my mule would die. Pissed me off.

@Crow, I agree but disagree on one thang. Its not that mouse sucks on the SONY PS3, its that EPIC quirked the mouse settings up on UT3 to not make it an advantage over the controller.

Its like they put a band aid on it and said good enough. If they would have made the mouse support better I'd believe there be no comparison but to as what ur saying is true. I just believe the probel lyes with EPIC and not SONY cause my mouse feels as good as PCs on the web browser and other stuff just not in UT3.
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 6:08pm

2 years and us till (you still???)havent done it envy faillllll

done what?

EnVy must be earned"
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 6:09pm
Keyboard and Controller is the best!
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by INCReMENTAL

***n Oregon Trail, I am mad Envy. I so remember always getting bit by a snake or someone would get TB or my mule would die. Pissed me off.

how about being just under 10 steps from beating the game, and your final character dies of starvation? that was literally the most pissed ive ever been from playing a stupid video game xDD

EnVy must be earned"
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 6:13pm
better? its alot more i can say from someone who constantly says mouse is so much superior to controller on the ps3 without even using it
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 6:22pm

better? its alot more i can say from someone who constantly says mouse is so much superior to controller on the ps3 without even using it

it shouldnt even be a question or even a debate to real gamers in the first place rev...

and i know from gaming on both pc and console, using a mouse has always been easier for me and 99.999% of the players ive talked to about all of that. plus ive done my research on how to make it work for the ps3 properly and how to smooth it out. both for the kbm and the frag effects 1 and now 2. but i just dont like the feel of the frag effects, i still might use the combo controller and mouse, but i feel that would be cheating the majority of the players that dont use that option Big smile

EnVy must be earned"
MrKshaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MrKshaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 6:23pm
ok, got the pic... no frag. i actually got g6 with weights, but can i use it with half of the controller...?
krister.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 6:25pm
I've tried kbm today - as I played ut3 on pc a bit by now my combos instantly got better in the 1st game I played - But I also noticed how annoying it was compared to the kbm support on pc.
So it's probably better to use, but I prefer playing my controller
(it'll f*** up my PC aim)
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by WOPR-1

Try mouse and controller...it's by far the best combination I think.

How would that work? I don't think I could hold the controller in one hand and using KB/M makes me feel dizzy and sick when I play. Looks like I'm stuck with the controller.
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 7:23pm
i have recently bought UT 2004 and playing with mouse and keyboard takes ALOT of practice. However, with this setup i have been forced to get used to smaller hitboxes thus making me a complete and total noob, but hey ya gotta learn the hard way , unless ure b**** made and fear a learning curve ;)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>