Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MGS 4 Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Buzzin Fr0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MGS 4 Question
    Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 1:58am
Somehow I can't find any information relating to the start of Act IV and what appears to be a section incorporated from the original MGS.  The graphics are atrocious and I need confirmation that this is an untouched inclusion from the original game.  My roommate and I were arguing about the graphics, and he claims that they are almost as good of MGS 2's on PS2.  I contend that they are PS1 level graphics as one can tell by the pixelation and the poor textures.  Has anyone played this game?  
Got Pwned?

YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 2:41am

Yes the cutscene before your return to alaska is to pay homage to the ps1 version and yes its ps1 graphics. If u havent beaten this game yet im afraid im going to have to beat you with ure controller , seriously if ure at that point in the game ure so close to one of the best fights in gaming history.

Buzzin Fr0g View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Buzzin Fr0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 3:19am
I just got a PS3 not too long ago and I can't say I've been playing MGS4 aggressively.  I can't get into the story; it's a combination of being unclear about the backstory (MGS 3 was my first MGS) and confused by what are seemingly mountains created from mole hills plot-wise.  My roommate is one of those annoying fellows who makes a habit of constantly being wrong but arguing vociferously for his point, even when sufficient evidence is presented to the contrary.  
Got Pwned?

YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 3:22am
um u should probaly play the first one and the second before pllaying 4 since number three was a prequel. otherwise ure not gonna understand too much at all. the game is half movie half gameplay

Buzzin Fr0g View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Buzzin Fr0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 3:25am
I'm not too keen on going back to play 1&2.  I guess I'll wrap up MGS4 and move on to another ip.  
Got Pwned?

SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 4:31am
Man, MGS is by far the best series ive ever played. MGS1 was my Fav by far, followed closely by MGS3, then MGS4, then MGS2, an i only played the second original MG:Solid Snake. Also, MGS Portable Ops wasnt too bad for the psp.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
BenWa View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote BenWa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 4:49am
I agree, MGS is one of the best game series ever. After I beat MGS4, and saw Snake relive the Shadow Moses infiltratation in the old school graphics, I hooked up my ps1 and played MGS1 again.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 5:29am
Originally posted by BenWa

I agree, MGS is one of the best game series ever. After I beat MGS4, and saw Snake relive the Shadow Moses infiltratation in the old school graphics, I hooked up my ps1 and played MGS1 again.
haha, i make it a point to run threw MGS1-3 once every year.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
 Post Reply Post Reply