Forum Home Forum Home > Call of Duty > Modern Warfare 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Modern Warfare WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modern Warfare WTF!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 8:53pm
god damnit, when the f*** are they going to make a game just as good as ut3 and that more people play? this game was going to be my savior =[

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
SRC_Lock123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote SRC_Lock123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 8:59pm
Is it just me or does the blood splash screen looks like orange kool-aid.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 6:13am
It bothered me right off. Yea its just a game. And i usually say its just a game or its just a movie but with what is going on all over the world i just found it very disturbing. Not my idea of fun or funny. Its fn twisted! And it could possibly encourage some sh_t.
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 7:00am
Hmmm I disagree, you have to be seriously f***ed up anyway to wanna kill someone else.

Playing a video game really shouldn't be the focus of blame, its the parents, communities and school systems that let these fu k ups slip through. In my opinion ;)
Buzzin Fr0g View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Buzzin Fr0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 7:42am
Frankly I don't see this as being a big deal.  Pixels on my T.V. screen.  Yell as they do, they aren't someone's child, mother, father; the don't have histories involving love and friendship.  Nothing.  They recorded the screams of people in a studio who moments before were laughing at jokes and talking about their family life.  These people subsequently went home and had dinner with their families, put their kids to bed, etc.  When I played this mission I tried my hardest to play it in character; I didn't shoot any civilians as it would have been repulsive for any agent, even an embedded one.  Instead I shot my gun into the walls and gla** - trying to pa** myself off as a supporter of the cell but a poor shot.  This kind of went awry when Spetznaz got involved.  I tried to keep a low profile and let the AI deal with the officers but they were horribly inefficient and I employed flashbangs to push the authorities back.  Much to my disappointment it became clear that I had to get involved in the firefight and so justified it by only shooting once shot at.  An agent, when forced, has to defend himself for the advancement of the mission right?  After all, these weren't fleeing civilians.  Back to whether or not this should be controversial; have you seen the videos posted by members of the armed forces on youtube?  I would consider it macabre if the soldiers themselves weren't putting the videos up to show what it's like.  I'd a**ume the utter destruction 9 militia members via TV/radar guided Apache missile would cause you to be very uneasy.  If not, I don't understand your shock at this.
Got Pwned?

Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 3:10pm
Hmmn I can see where u guys are coming from but you have to realise some people are impressionable especially young kids. many people grow up having experienced a life of pain, they have little to lose if they don't regard life as being precious. 
I must say a terrorist attack on civilians via an airport isn't exactly new thing to Britain or USA. Both incidents were NOT part of any video game. In fact 9/11 terrorists actually used flight sims as training for their plans. Its part of the game plot but they should have been a little more sensitive and sensible. This is why I think its moronic. If the people being gunned down were American or Brits and the game design company were from the Middle East I bet you might change your stance.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 3:18pm
The game is 18+...

Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 3:36pm
Free speech means protecting even the most offensive form of speech.
The question is was it in good taste? proly not. Trin is right, if a Middle Eastern Developer made a game were Hezbollah went on a rampage in Tel Aviv ... the west would be incredulous.

As a consumer you have a right to make your opinion heard by not buying the game and discouraging others to do so.

I bought the game ... in the context of the game its not all that offensive albeit in poor taste.

I generally only participate in only the most refined and tastefull activities.

Just my two cents ... im going to look at some boobs on the internet., 
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 3:56pm
Well Buzzin if 1 of our missiles kills innocent people specially a child thats beyond disturbing. It doesn't matter what race creed or religion. Modern society my azz. Almost 2010 and you can still get layed to rest for no good reason. But when its happening in the real world and horrible as it is. Should our kids roll play as terrorists and slaughter innocent people. HELL NO! You train in a simulator because of its realism. It is pixels 4 sure and im sure no voice actors were injured Buzzin...lol but ask yourself this who wants to kill a bunch of innocent people even in a game? And what game developer thinks people will enjoy doing it? Although im sure some people will. Im just saying im not one of them! Although I do have MW2 and im gonna put it in and see what all those twisted fks who made it put in the dam thing. Im not a kid or a terrorist one thought away from declaring jehad so I think I can handle it. Whatever the right way to think of sh_t like this in videogames is? Weather its censorship freedom of speech rights or poor taste? One great thing always needs to remain! FREEDOM TO DEBATE! Just the fact that this thread exists tells me how important respectful debate is. And listening to someones point of view. RESPECTFULLY!
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

Free speech means protecting even the most offensive form of speech.
The question is was it in good taste? proly not. Trin is right, if a Middle Eastern Developer made a game were Hezbollah went on a rampage in Tel Aviv ... the west would be incredulous.

As a consumer you have a right to make your opinion heard by not buying the game and discouraging others to do so.

I bought the game ... in the context of the game its not all that offensive albeit in poor taste.

I generally only participate in only the most refined and tastefull activities.

Just my two cents ... im going to look at some boobs on the internet., 

see this is where we are different. I'm off to look at willies.
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 4:18pm
Hey guys this is the UT3 General Discussion, not some gaya** COD bull **** discussion. I swear between this and borderlands its getting old. I get on this section for UT3, not some garbage a** overated game.

So Admins or Mods, do your job and keep this **** organized or Wopr will for you.

Lol, really I was just seeing how many people I could piss off about their new favorite video game, lmao I really don't care where its posted.

So is MW2 living up to the hype its had critics talking about???
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
xX_QDOGG_Xx View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote xX_QDOGG_Xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 4:33pm
It is just a game but this is F***ed up. I will be the first person to defend the right to put very real scenarios into video games including things about current day war and terrorism. I think this is disturbing and pushes the envelope too far. I'm an adult and can handle content like this but what about the kids playing this game?

There should have been CLEAR warnings to the parents of the kids playing this game that there will be a question at the beginning of the game that will give the parents the ability to shield younger players from that board. I didn't know that type of level was in the game and I would guess that most people didn't. This was the first game I have ever played that asked me if I wanted to play the "offensive" part of the game. This should definitely be a new trend that needs to be PUBLICIZED for the parents of young players...besides having "parental locks"...that never get used.

Did anyone really enjoy being the bad guy in a game where you're supposed to be the good guy?...the first thing i did was shoot the Markov.

PSN: xX_QDOGG_Xx
AKA: qdogg22 & FEAR_theREAPER
xX_QDOGG_Xx View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote xX_QDOGG_Xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 4:35pm
good game, great graphics, die too much and Multiplayer is broken. Give it an A-
PSN: xX_QDOGG_Xx
AKA: qdogg22 & FEAR_theREAPER
SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 4:47pm
Maybe I'm a stoggy old tight a$$... but I think the depiction of slaughtering unarmed civilians is a bit too much.  I knew it was in the game before I bought it though and it didn't stop me.

I also laugh like hell when I kill another player mid-air with rockets or the Darkwalker or get a headshot with a sniper rifle though.  Something about it just nmakes me laugh- especially if it's you...

Tough call.  It's just a game so everyone will have to come to their own conclusion.  Do I think it's going to leave and impression on little kids?  Maybe, maybe not.  But I also think there are far more serious things in the real world to leave a mark on young people than a $60 video game designed for systems ranging in price from $199 to $1,800 or so.  It's out of reach for the ma**es - believe it or not...

Here's hoping that the people I managed to piss off over the past year don't take me or the game too seriously and come shoot up my house!
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 4:48pm
Surely the lesson at the end of that level is enough to teach anyone not to shoot civilians.

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 4:53pm
To say that it won't affect any maladjusted juveniles is just crazy. Anybody remember Columbine?
SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 5:00pm
I could never forget that day Bain... but there were also a lot of other contributing factors in that matter.

"those who would trade liberty for security deserve neither" -Benjamin Franklin
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 5:23pm
when you play the single player mode. the game says that THERE ARE TWO DISTURBING SCENES in this game do u wish to have them play out. they give a yes or no option. this type of game is meant to be graphic. most of us who live freely who never served this country will only see this in a game and not real life. thats the reality that make games like this in this format because it is real. it's like any episode of LAW AND ORDER. it's fictional (just like a video game) BUT the elements are ALL REAL. somewhere in the world it has happened or something close to it. games have "M" ratings but that doesn't mean mature people are playing it.
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by BAIN

To say that it won't affect any maladjusted juveniles is just crazy. Anybody remember Columbine?

the columbine kids played quake.. a game i played since i was 14.. and i never killed anyone.

people kill people for alot of reasons, blowing up monsters/ppl in video games is probably not one of them, and its ridiculous to blame a video game on columbine..

the kids who did it at are at fault, unless they were shot in the face they have no right to shoot someone else in the face.

they were picked on heavily, and if you want a scape goat i would go with bullying not video games
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 6:09pm

I just checked my real life stat sheet...I have 23 Vehicular Manslaughters cuz of countless hours of playing UT3 on wEEd.

Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Deadaim

Originally posted by BAIN

the columbine kids played quake.. a game i played since i was 14.. and i never killed anyone.

Now thats not true. I'm sure you have killed me a few times.
Buzzin Fr0g View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Buzzin Fr0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by uc SYZYGY uc

Well Buzzin if 1 of our missiles kills innocent people specially a child thats beyond disturbing. It doesn't matter what race creed or religion. Modern society my azz. Almost 2010 and you can still get layed to rest for no good reason. But when its happening in the real world and horrible as it is. Should our kids roll play as terrorists and slaughter innocent people. HELL NO! You train in a simulator because of its realism. It is pixels 4 sure and im sure no voice actors were injured Buzzin...lol but ask yourself this who wants to kill a bunch of innocent people even in a game? And what game developer thinks people will enjoy doing it? Although im sure some people will. Im just saying im not one of them! Although I do have MW2 and im gonna put it in and see what all those twisted fks who made it put in the dam thing. Im not a kid or a terrorist one thought away from declaring jehad so I think I can handle it. Whatever the right way to think of sh_t like this in videogames is? Weather its censorship freedom of speech rights or poor taste? One great thing always needs to remain! FREEDOM TO DEBATE! Just the fact that this thread exists tells me how important respectful debate is. And listening to someones point of view. RESPECTFULLY!

I wasn't being disrespectful and accept your and many other people opinions.  I just find it hard to see that point of view and was trying to show the factors that for me make it less than shocking. 
Got Pwned?

SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2009 at 11:41pm
Oh my fuc king god. I cant believe the bull sh it im reading here!  So its okay to kill people on ut3 but not to kill people on a different game!  Is it because ut3 players arent innocent?  Because they are trying to kill you?  Do you need to change your huggies?
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 12:58am
True, but I don't think you're ever portrayed as one of the Necris attacking the innocent, unarmed red demo guys in UT3 though. (the closest thing UT3 has to an actual terrorist attack)  Seriously, there's a difference between killing other people/ AI with guns and unarmed AI in a video game.  They're not programmed to kill you, for starters.  The AI has no intent on harming you in any sort of way, just like a real innocent civilian and yet you kill them.  In UT3, the AI's usually trying to kill you, whenever they're not being retarded.

Then again, what about GTA?  Can't you do similar things in GTA as well? (Like say.. mowing down lots of innocent people with a machine gun.. and in SA's (maybe the others to) and I think GTA4's case, in an airport.)  I mean, you're never really put on a mission with the intent to DIRECTLY kill innocent civilians in GTA (ignoring the Rampages or whatever they were called), but still.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by SilverJ-17

True, but I don't think you're ever portrayed as one of the Necris attacking the innocent, unarmed red demo guys in UT3 though. (the closest thing UT3 has to an actual terrorist attack)  Seriously, there's a difference between killing other people/ AI with guns and unarmed AI in a video game.  They're not programmed to kill you, for starters.  The AI has no intent on harming you in any sort of way, just like a real innocent civilian and yet you kill them.  In UT3, the AI's usually trying to kill you, whenever they're not being retarded.

Then again, what about GTA?  Can't you do similar things in GTA as well? (Like say.. mowing down lots of innocent people with a machine gun.. and in SA's (maybe the others to) and I think GTA4's case, in an airport.)  I mean, you're never really put on a mission with the intent to DIRECTLY kill innocent civilians in GTA (ignoring the Rampages or whatever they were called), but still.
Agreed J. The whole thing bout UT for me is the Unreal part. Its based on alien races and futuristic weapons. The reservations I have bout GTA and COD MW2 is that its very real and very current. The original COD was WWII based and afaik we can't go back or forward in time. 
Stuff like ****, carjacking, dealing crack and butchering innocent civilians are "the sh1t we deal with in real life", I play games esp UT for escapism. Say what u like games r games and life is life - when the 2 cross the boundaries between them become blurred imo. 
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>