Forum Home Forum Home > Call of Duty > Modern Warfare 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

COD6MW2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COD6MW2
    Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

so how does MW2 compare to ut3? is it worth the $60+ now, or should i wait and get it later and just get a solid game like uncharted 2 for now? from what ive seen with this game, im not to impressed at all. looks like a f***ing noob fest. but that is easy to do when being a total unreal fan.

UT3 vs COD:MV2

UT3 game speed (spawning and movement )= 5
COD:MV2 game speed (spawning and movement )= 3-4 (slower if you're always watching how you get killed

UT3 weapon selection futuristic and about 8 or so to choose from each with 2-3 ways to kill with
COD:MV2 weapon selection at least 4 of each a**ualt Rifle, Sub Machine, Shotguns, Sniper Rifles and Handguns with about 5 attachments for each
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 10:49pm
Wow in southern Indiana I seen no lines at all and the local walmart the following day early had all kinds of copies. There was maybe 70 copies of PS3 and maybe 50 or so of 360 with 360 having more spots to fill so it definately sold more but around here it was easy to get a copy.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 11:22pm
bout to play some MW2 in about 30 min if anyone wants to play. 
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 11:35pm
Don't be gay, just get UT3 for PS3, lol, jk tuna.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 1:28am
ha, my friend said he beat MW2 campaign in 4.25 hours!  Now hes really pissed!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 5:51am
He should do it on hard or veteren... thats wat I'm doing!

Its a great game, reallly reminds me of goldeneye and I loved that.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 7:59am
Battlefield Bad Company 2 looks really good.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 8:13am
Yeah no doubt it will be good, might rent it to see if it works on my ps3 coz the last game wouldn't connect to the servers on my router...
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Two_Fase

Originally posted by _EnVy_

so how does MW2 compare to ut3? is it worth the $60+ now, or should i wait and get it later and just get a solid game like uncharted 2 for now? from what ive seen with this game, im not to impressed at all. looks like a f***ing noob fest. but that is easy to do when being a total unreal fan.

UT3 vs COD:MV2

UT3 game speed (spawning and movement )= 5
COD:MV2 game speed (spawning and movement )= 3-4 (slower if you're always watching how you get killed

UT3 weapon selection futuristic and about 8 or so to choose from each with 2-3 ways to kill with
COD:MV2 weapon selection at least 4 of each a**ualt Rifle, Sub Machine, Shotguns, Sniper Rifles and Handguns with about 5 attachments for each

Agree with everything Fase says and also MW2 takes absolutely no talent to play. Just hide in one spot, when someone walks by you shoot them and they are dead. That's the whole freakin' game.

Single player is great, but the multiplayer gets old very quickly. Not to mention that you still can't play with your friends without using some sign-in/sign-out workaround to the party system. The game is extremely overrated in my opinion. COD4 was much better.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 12:30pm
Come play it then... you should get 40 kills and no deaths then?

It does take skill.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Danjel8

It does take skill.

Exactly what skill does it take? Hiding or walking? I played against Paweezy (playing under Weezy_x3 or something like that)  and all he did was stay in the same place the whole game. He had 30 kills and 7 deaths.  He his in a corner and there was only one way up to him. Everytime someone walked into the are he was, he just sprays bullets and people just die.
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

It does take skill.

Exactly what skill does it take? Hiding or walking? I played against Paweezy (playing under Weezy_x3 or something like that)  and all he did was stay in the same place the whole game. He had 30 kills and 7 deaths.  He his in a corner and there was only one way up to him. Everytime someone walked into the are he was, he just sprays bullets and people just die.

I figured this out too. Just find a spot where your six is protected and you can rack up the kills.
Eventually everyone will figure this out and camp. zzzzzz.

Im going to try CTF ... Domination is pretty fun too. it's quasi camping but youre more vulnerable and you need team work.
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 5:12pm
Guys check this out! If this isn't the best MW2 kill you've ever seen I don't know what is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cudCajMNRM0

Amazing!!
r3ndering View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote r3ndering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 5:38pm
Played with a couple of guys from UT3-land earlier and it's definitely more fun in domination when you actually have some teamwork & communication happening.  So far most of my drop-in games have had no teamwork or communication and it gets old fast. 

Going to give it more time but I'll probably be catching up with folks in UT3 servers again sooner than I thought.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

It does take skill.

yeah, me and the people i play with hardly camp at all. we win map control and hold the position. the key to winning in tdm is good communication and map control. try playing with some of your friends, you will see a big difference in play style. you might still have some people camping in the corner of the map, but they are easily killed if you use team work. 
- Best Coast

Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 6:16pm
I guess its pretty pointless trying to explain how it takes skill...

Headhunter moves around a lot and goes 30-5... can't speak for weezy but I reckon he could easy move around and kill people.

Its a war game though, I doubt soldiers in Iraq go running around everywhere spraying bullets shouting 'headshot me!! I'm worth 300 points!!'
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 6:20pm
yeah. it's kinda like in paintball, if you stay still for to long you will get shot. so keep changing positions after every kill and make sure you're positioning yourself in key points of the map. 

- Best Coast

Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 6:24pm
Yeah exactly... it takes skill but just in a totally different way to ut3.

Sure its easier to kill on COD but its much easier to die.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 6:27pm
has anyone read about battlefield: Bad Company 2 yet? looks sick. i liked the first one
- Best Coast

Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 7:42pm
BF1943 and BF Bad Company 2 are about the only 2 good games coming to the pc within the 6 month period.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 7:45pm
every mode in this game requires STRATEGIC camping. thats why you're awarded points for the kill. it requires a DIFFERENT kind of skill than ut3. i can play UT3 on any given account and be good. COD:MV2 u always have to level up

picture this for those of you who love the shock rifle......imagine having to get 150 kills with this weapon on primary just to unlock the secondary fire, then another 75 kills before a shock combo is unlocked.

you work for everything. imo this takes more skill in the sense you work for everything you get but you also gotta know how and when to use it
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
J_Rivers View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Shaft Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote J_Rivers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 10:04pm

I guess its pretty pointless trying to explain how it takes skill...

Exactly.

Even Fat Princess takes a certain level of skill & a $hitload of strategy. But let's not talk about such a demeaning game when even MW2 is being brought into question.
krzys773 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Massacre Monster

Post Options Post Options   Quote krzys773 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2009 at 12:22am
Whats the point of arguing that a game takes less skill or whatever than some other game?If your enjoying the game and its fun for you than play it,that's really what matters.I play CoD Mw2 alot now because its just more fun than ut3 was for me.
willisasmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote willisasmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2009 at 2:08am
well ive been playing on ps3 so if anyone want to play im down but i suck my kd is only like 1.25
Hey_Look_its_Trendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2009 at 4:15am
Originally posted by xXchris_cXx

Whats the point of arguing that a game takes less skill or whatever than some other game?If your enjoying the game and its fun for you than play it,that's really what matters.I play CoD Mw2 alot now because its just more fun than ut3 was for me.

Because to many people the only games that are worth playing are the ones that take a large amount of skill. That's part of the fun, being challenged and pushed to get better and better due to strong competition. Games like CoD are actually very frustrating to me because any retard with half a hand can get kills because of the insane aim a**ist and puke inducing spawn system (among a laundry list of other flaws that strip the skill factor from the game). The difference is that in UT3 most of these CoD players would be thankful to even frag me once in a game, in CoD my k/d ratio is much lower because it is beyond easy for even the most casual gamer to get kills. If you like CoD, fine, I have nothing against you it's just my opinion. I agree that the most important thing is that you are enjoying the game because afterall, that is why you are there in the first place. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>