FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Tips and Tricks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips and Tricks
    Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 4:39pm

I'm not very good but I figured I'd start the thread and some better players can contribute.

I love the team modes Domination and CTF, but I mainly play mercenary TDM to build my fragging skills. My rank is 22, and until I get to 35 or so ill stick with TDM.

Heres what works for me, a lot of obvious stuff and proly some mistakes:

1. always sprint from cover to cover when in the open. duh.

2. In close quarters/melee dont forget the knife! the kill zone on the knife is absurdly large on CoD ... Abuse it.

3. for camping I find a nice elevated area that acts as a "power alley" ... a corrider that I can move along and have good visibilty. Once I get a few kills I move along the corridor so Im not in the same spot always and avoid being predictable.

4. In TDM know where your team mates are on your radar... you can "use" them to cover your 6. If you see a team mate behind you then look for targets in the opposite 180 degree line of sight. If he gets shot there might be some one coming behind you and you can anticipate an easy kill. In general I try to stick with my pack, you can get a**ists, get the avenger award etc.

5. follow a team mate whos taken point ... if he dies ... you can crouch and aim and anticipate the enemy coming towards you or try a frag or stun grenade, before you approach.

6. if you hear the enemy has a UAV get to cover, it amazes me how many people stay in the open when there's a harrier overhead. even if its not a harrier just a simple uav, they have the drop on you so cover your six and prepare for them to approach you from the obvious point untill its clear.

7. When I'm feeling confident I use friendly care package as bait. can back fire though.

again Im not very good but I though I'd get the ball rollin'!!! Lets hear what you got

Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 8:00pm
Easiest way to get a nuke...

Harrier strike + Chopper gunner + Nuke.

If you use hardline and can get camped somewhere very good for the strike and gunner... you probably have a nuke after 6 kills...
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 7:32am
Ok now I've got a bit more experience I can contribute something here...

Domination: Pick your two bases to hold and keep them by controlling the key areas of the map. Don't push on to try and get the 3rd capture point. It just messes up the spawn points and means u can't control the map as easily.

S&D... use hbs, ninja pro, cold blooded, remember to set those kill streak rewards as low as possible. Also try and noob tube at the start of the game. You might get lucky and get a kill. 

Objective of the game is to kill so do what you need to do and get those kills. 
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Danjel8

Also try and noob tube at the start of the game. You might get lucky and get a kill. 

LOL, you were getting so pissed off with that on Wasteland and Scrapyard the other day. But I did it on both of those maps later that day and it works pretty well. It's annoying when you hit someone but it doesn't kill them, makes me wonder just how close it was to them.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 8:23am
I was getting pissed off coz I said don't run forward coz you will get noob tubed!! and two spazzers still did it, think it was you and headhunter hahaha.

It does work very well, but like I was saying to the guys the other day... anything that pisses me off is probably because its something that works very well.
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 8:26am
Haha, nah defo wasn't me cos I saw it happen a few games in a row! I thought it was you and skiller...
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 8:47am
hahahaha so funny. I was saying over the mic, don't run forward coz you will just get noob tubed and then two guys died and sk-iller was like haha thats poetic justice. 

I love u Fu Kers :D
Greeny View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 12:09pm

domination on scrapyard, i threw a sticky grenade over to point C i think it was, right at the start of the game and got a triple kill which was cool, i've seen someone do it before so i gave it a try n it worked out pretty well lol

willisasmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote willisasmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 3:08pm

Ok now I've got a bit more experience I can contribute something here...

Domination: Pick your two bases to hold and keep them by controlling the key areas of the map. Don't push on to try and get the 3rd capture point. It just messes up the spawn points and means u can't control the map as easily.

S&D... use hbs, ninja pro, cold blooded, remember to set those kill streak rewards as low as possible. Also try and noob tube at the start of the game. You might get lucky and get a kill. 

i always try to tell people tht in domination but people never listen to me so i just gave up

Limputtaja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Limputtaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 5:15pm

Also try and noob tube at the start of the game. You might get lucky and get a kill.
Just for that, Im sorry but I have to say this, FU CK OFF CU NT
CarloThunder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 8:51pm
when i play this i mostly just stick to deathmatch but whenever i do afghan i always got owned badly on the map.  Anyone got any tip for doing better on that map?

Also on special ops on the Alpha stealth mission, the one in the snow, anyone here done that?  I keep killed by the dogs left right and centre lol.
all roun nice guy lol.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Limputtaja

Just for that, Im sorry but I have to say this, FU CK OFF CU NT

LOL wow, thanks thats a great tip. I'll try it next time I play!
iAM_xplorer2233 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Stair Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_xplorer2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 8:42pm
what is the noob tube cause im a noob
"Since we like to travel she let us run a train."
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by iAM_xplorer2233

what is the noob tube cause im a noob

It's a gernade launcher attached too your primary weapon.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Limputtaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 11:18pm
And you don't use a noobtube, unless your a total f***tard or **** like really really really **** at the game
iTz-He4DSh0T View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote iTz-He4DSh0T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 12:35am
if you n00btube me.......you'll be sorry.......

I'll hunt u b****es down!

then i'll camp lyk a little bi.tch with my claymores/one man army & nuke ur ass!!
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 11:37am

And you don't use a noobtube, unless your a total f***tard or **** like really really really **** at the game

You sound like a noob to be honest... like one of those b1tches who moans about rockets and flak on ut3. If the weapon is there, then use it. I'll make sure I constantly tube you if I see you online, I love making people leave the servers from doing it.
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by CarloThunder

when i play this i mostly just stick to deathmatch but whenever i do afghan i always got owned badly on the map.  Anyone got any tip for doing better on that map?

Also on special ops on the Alpha stealth mission, the one in the snow, anyone here done that?  I keep killed by the dogs left right and centre lol.
shoot the dogs before soldiers... it was easy for me! beginers luck i guess..
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by iTz-He4DSh0T

then i'll camp lyk a little bi.tch with my claymores/one man army & nuke ur ass!!
Headhunter your sig isn't very helpful as you can't actually click it...

Post Options Post Options   Quote Limputtaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 7:19am

You sound like a noob to be honest... like one of those b1tches who moans about rockets and flak on ut3. If the weapon is there, then use it. I'll make sure I constantly tube you if I see you online, I love making people leave the servers from doing it.

See you at Search and Deastroy then.

My be you some day understand and grow out from that naive way of thinking, HOPEFULLY!
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 10:14am
Originally posted by iTz-He4DSh0T

The man is telling the truth!
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 10:44am

See you at Search and Deastroy then.

My be you some day understand and grow out from that naive way of thinking, HOPEFULLY!

Seriously if you were able to read English properly... which you clearly aren't, I said Noob tube at the start of the game? WTF is the point of letting people live in this game?

Your kinda retarded to suggest that I shouldn't noob tube at the start of the game. I didn't say noob tube all game (initially) but next time I see you online I promise you that is all I will do.

I totally understand already, the objective is to kill. Its not to kill using 1 shot kills or claymore kills. A kill is a kill, just like penis is a penis. Now u can suck mine. f*** off f**got.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 10:45am

Have a read again you stupid fu cking retard idiot twat.

Yes... look all I said is noob tube at the start of the game, you MIGHT get lucky.

JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 12:30pm
Easy danj... Heart

Post Options Post Options   Quote Limputtaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 1:43pm

Have a read again you stupid fu cking retard idiot twat.Yes... look all I said is noob tube at the start of the game, you MIGHT get lucky.
Yes, now you see we have case of misunderstandment. No need to get all ragemelt here. Its nothing personal.

Yes you can use it in beginning of the round to get lucky kill. Though why? Are you that bad you need those lucky kills? Or just arrogant bastard who uses cheap sh*t in game cuz he can?
You though said later on to "CONSTANTLY tube.."

Maybe I'm noob, sh it idiot, but at least I play with out abuseing them cheap dirt this game has.

Don't take it personally man, it's game and if you are that arrogant that you don't give a f u c k what cheap shots you do as long as you can **** pubs, fine be such player I'm sure you get lot of respect. All these noob tubes, claymores, killstreaks, hbs ect are banned in competitive rules sets for reason.

Again, no need to get meltdown over this man. You'll understand some day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>