FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite Books

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite Books
    Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 9:56pm
License is a breeze. Should get an '08 'Busa 1300cc
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 10:02pm
I didn't get my motorcycle license until about 8 years ago. I rode without one for years. You absolutely should get on your neighbors 50cc bike. The best way to learn is to start small and then graduate up. I started on a little bike. My daughter has a Yamaha PW50.
I don't like the forward riding position of sport bikes. They beat you up over long distances. You may want to consider a dual sport (enduro) bike. They have good power, handle great, get good fuel economy and you can dump them in the dirt without completely trashing them. Remember, you haven't ridden until you've crashed. It's like getting your ass kicked. It brings you back to earth, so to speak.
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

License is a breeze. Should get an '08 'Busa 1300cc
Lunchy's right. If you are worried, many colleges offer a class that you can take where you ride real bikes, practice and then get your license at the end of the class. The only mildly difficult portion of the test is doing the figure 8's. The best advice for that is look where you are going and not at your front wheel. Your body's natural equilibrium will keep you upright.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 2:28pm

has anyone read Alaska: A Novel by James A. Michener? when i finish reading Lonesome Dove  i plan on buying it. i read a few reviews on amazon.com and i think i'll probably enjoy Michener's novels. he writes historical fiction.

The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 6:21pm
Crime and Punishment
A Farewell to Arms
- Best Coast

Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2010 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

Crime and Punishment
A Farewell to Arms
HA!

its funny you posted these beacause I just downloaded 'Brothers Karamazov' and I'm in the middle of 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 10:14pm
nice. i haven't read a book in a couple of months :/. i read about 200 pages of Under The Dome but couldn't get into it
- Best Coast

jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 12:20pm
something wicked comes this way
Payaso-X View Drop Down
Payaso En La Casa!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Payaso-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 4:50pm
lewis black's "me of little faith" great f***ing book if your a fan of lewis black
"F*** You Gumby"
Archangel_Fate View Drop Down
Team Archangels
Team Archangels

Post Options Post Options   Quote Archangel_Fate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 11:53pm
I'm probably pretty late on this forum lol but Most books i read or Native American books but books of other catigories

1. The Book of Enoch the prophet
2. Message from your angels by doreen virtue
3. hatchet ( 6th grade)
4. the giver (also 6th grade)
I also write my own stories i'm on chapter 8 of my latest story not trying to get it published although my friends think i should lol but these are my favorites so far i've read

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 2:34pm
i recently read the first 3 books of the Dune series and they were great. 
started reading Lies, Inc. by Philip K. Di ck a couple of days ago. i've never read any of his novels or short stories before now but so far i like it. the booksamillion near my work only had 4 of his novels so i didn't have much to choose from ha. gonna buy Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said this weekend. 
- Best Coast

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Archangel_Fate

I'm probably pretty late on this forum lol but Most books i read or Native American books but books of other catigories

1. The Book of Enoch the prophet
2. Message from your angels by doreen virtue
3. hatchet ( 6th grade)
4. the giver (also 6th grade)
I also write my own stories i'm on chapter 8 of my latest story not trying to get it published although my friends think i should lol but these are my favorites so far i've read

if you like native american books then you should check out Panther in the Sky. never read any others 
- Best Coast

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 10:55am
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

i recently read the first 3 books of the Dune series and they were great. 
started reading Lies, Inc. by Philip K. Di ck a couple of days ago. i've never read any of his novels or short stories before now but so far i like it. the booksamillion near my work only had 4 of his novels so i didn't have much to choose from ha. gonna buy Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said this weekend. 

lies, inc. was alright. after Rachmael was shot with a dart tipped with LSD i was lost for like 60 pages lol.

started reading Ubik instead of flow my tears and so far i love it.
- Best Coast

warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 10:19am
I'm curious if anyone has one of the Kindle gadgets to download and read books on?

I don't have one myself but I just found out you can download a free bare-bones version of the Kindle to your pc.  I did this a couple of weeks ago and I now LOVE reading books on my laptop.  The best thing about it is that there are literally thousands of books that are FREE to download as the copyrights have expired on them.  This means most of the so-called classics are free and many many other types of books too.  I was astounded to see that even the books that aren't free are much, much cheaper when you buy a downloaded version than when you buy a hardcopy of the same book!!  Tons of books,  start at less than a dollar. 

When you do a search for books just make sure it puts them in order of cheapest to more expensive and all of the free books will come up first on the list.

You can download the free version of Kindle from Amazon although you will need to sign up to the Amazon website to actually download any of the books.

One of the really cool things about it is you just double click on a word and the definition pops up.

There are a few drawbacks of course; some of the books don't have the pictures that are in the hardcopy versions which is a bummer.

Anyhow....I'm definitely a convert! 
Do you realize that in about forty years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tatoos and pierced navels? O.o
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123