| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Player Interviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGet to know a UT3 Player - Medic573

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get to know a UT3 Player - Medic573
    Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 1:36pm

Hello everyone, welcome to a new episode of Get To Know A UT3 Player. Some of you may know Medic from the VCTF rooms where he spends countless hours. Some of you may know him as Aquaknot’s long lost brother (not really, they just sound very alike). Or some of you may just know him as the guy who sometimes disappears mid-game when that loud alarm goes off. But it’s really not important that we know him but that the people whose lives he’s help save know him. Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to one of the few true heroes of UT3, Medic573.

What is your first name, age and location and occupation?

Dan, 40, Scranton, Pennsylvania, Firefighter/Paramedic

So, Steelers or Eagles?

Who are these Steelers that you speak of???? Eagles, of course.

Yeah, I love it when the Eagles beat the Cowboys!!!

I know if I see a burning building,  I’m heading the other way. What made you decide to become a firefighter?

I worked as a paramedic for about 12 years and found that I was quite gifted at it. I then took the civil service test scored high enough, went to the academy and presto......I'm a professional firefighter. I currently work on the "B" platoon on Rescue 1.

I’m sure it was a little harder than “presto”. Glad to see your hard work paid off.

What do you like to do when not playing on your PS3?

Am I supposed to do things other than UT3? Just kidding, I have a 2200 sq ft home that I bought about 8 years ago that I enjoy throwing all my extra time and money into.

When and how did you get into VCTF?

I rented this game for my son soon after it came out to see if he would like it.....he played it for a little bit and said it sucked....I couldn’t believe that with all the hype about it (in the beginning) it could be that bad. So I popped it in and went straight to multiplayer mode and hopped into a deathmatch where just as soon as I spawned....I died. Played around a little bit with it more and decided that I loved it.

Why is VCTF your favorite mode over the others?

TEAMWORK!!! Both as a firefighter as well as a paramedic, I/we work as a team. As a paramedic I work with an EMT partner who is basically who I rely on to set up (and carry...hehehe) my equipment. On a normal Advanced Life Support call my gear and equipment can weigh about 100 lbs. While I am doing an a**essment, my partner is usually setting up my cardiac monitor, prepping my intravenous lines and doing other things.
As a firefighter, it may seem that we just run into the burning building and put the wet stuff on the red stuff. But there are usually a multitude of things going on simultaneously. And these include Fire suppression, ventilation and search and rescue. That’s where I come in. My job is to search the fire floor and the floor above it without taking a hose line, just me and my partner and some tools. I have to rely on the rest of the alarm a**ignment to do their jobs in a specific order to allow me to do my job safely.

Got any good tips for VCTF beginners? Any strategies for the more experienced players? Do's and don'ts for all players?

Beginners--- Spend a couple of bucks and buy a mic. This is huge if you want to improve yourself.
Ask questions. Most of us will answer any question you ask. It might take a little bit if it is a good match going on. Heck, some of us will even set up a private host and show you things.
Communicate!!!!! where is the flag, where are the defenses set up (i.e. Aquas in the tank near its spawn, Shaker is in the raptor patrolling the flag area, Cbizzy is in the fury chasing medic around) or (Tx2ky7) just plain disappeared. Schnibsen is in the respawn just sitting idle. Oh yeah, look out Ether404 is following you around waiting to take your jump boots from your dead body.

That damn Ether Bunny is sneaky!!!

Which maps do you like? Hate? Why?

I have grown to love containment, sandstorm, necropolis, and rails.

I hate corruption unless I have nothing better to do for about 2-3 hours. and unfortunately suspense has been overplayed and being a flag runner it seems to bring the snipers out of the woodwork. (yes, you Necrobeestiality)

Unfortunately, UT3 has seen a decline in players over the past year. How long do you plan to stay around?

I will be here until they pry my controller out of my cold, stiff, dead hands.

What are your feelings on the Titan Pack?

I can live without it however I love the map rails. Titan is sometimes nice to break up the monotony.

What dislikes about UT3 do you have? What would you do to improve UT3?

Idiots who don’t shut up------ Yes you DDavidD If you don’t have anything relevant, important (or even funny) shut up. As far as improving ut3, jump boots in every map. The ability to mute a player.

Which players do you really like playing with for their skills? For a fun time?

Wow.....I get along with just about everyone however I would have to say that anyone on my friends list are the people that I enjoy playing with the most. I'm not going to throw any names out there because I know that I'll forget someone important.

Who do you find really tough to go up against?

Well, lets see.........probably the same people as the previous list however there a few standouts.

In the tank----Aqua, DoD, Envy, papa
In the raptor---Shaker, Limitless Monster, Dvirus
In the fury-----Cbizzy, chrisc
In a manta or viper----Nooby, Tx2ky7 :), Ether404
In a hellbender Ether, Fluffy
Sniping otakutony, necro, tx,

Did any of these players help you become the player that you are today? Who else had an influence on you?

Everyone made me who I am today. So thanks for nothing guys. I was a lump of clay waiting to be molded and I'm still a lump.

My first friends were Coolworx, Aquaknot, DOD, limitless monster and The King Eternal. I really learned a lot from them.

What has made you really laugh while playing this game?

OMG everything.

What are the stupidest things that you have ever done in game?

Well, lets see.....I regularly kill myself, fall off bridges and run the imaginary flag back for an imaginary score thinking all the way how sneaky I must be to not having anyone chasing me.

Been there, done that. For those of you that have not had the opportunity to play with Medic let me fill you in. He’s one of the nicest and coolest players in the game. Not only has he got the skills but he is damn funny also.  It’s been a pleasure playing with you buddy and we’ve still got many more games to go. And thanks for all you do in your real life.

Well that’s it for this installment of Get To Know A UT3 Player. See y’all next time.

Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 1:37pm
Well done! One old man interviewing another old man! lol. Medic you are awesome buddy.
Mr-Pa1n View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Count

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mr-Pa1n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 1:46pm
seconded....i´ve played several times with medic,adn i´m proud to be his teammate and he´s a great player and a awesome person
GhostofalucarD View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote GhostofalucarD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 1:49pm

Nice interview guys.

N Medic, i'll be sure to kill you more often so i can get on that list of yours.
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 2:01pm
absolutely, good job Bain. nice interview.

Thumbs Up

and Awesome Medic!

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by BAIN

Communicate!!!!! where is the flag, where are the defenses set up (i.e. Aquas in the tank near its spawn, Shaker is in the raptor patrolling the flag area, Cbizzy is in the fury chasing medic around) or (Tx2ky7) just plain disappeared. Schnibsen is in the respawn just sitting idle. Oh yeah, look out Ether404 is following you around waiting to take your jump boots from your dead body.

This has got to be the best part, especially the commentary on the last two players mentioned.  I don't know about him trying to kill me for my jump boots, but I do remember the Ether bunny going after me with the impact hammer.  I think he got me to.  I think I also randomly head-shotting him (my headshots are always oh so random) in close quarters by luck, then having him going out of his way to get me back.  Anyways, the second to last one is funny because it's true, 99.9% of the time.  Actually, I've only seen Schnibsen actually playing once.

Good interview, Bain.  I wasn't expecting this one.
SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 2:57pm
Nice interview for a guy I wanna be just like!
Cruel IntentionZ View Drop Down
Team AA
Team AA
Val and I share Mikey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cruel IntentionZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:05pm
oooh a fireman!! Embarra**edEmbarra**ed

great interview Smile

Some people are alive simply because it’s against the law to kill them.
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:19pm
Only played with him a few times, but he puts up with my bull**** , and thats gotta mean something character wise!

XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:22pm
Nicely done fellas. Medic's cool as hell, plus, I still think he and aquaman were separated at birth. I remember hearing medic for the first time and thinking it was aqua's alt or something :P
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by iAM_Determined

Nice interview guys.

N Medic, i'll be sure to kill you more often so i can get on that list of yours.
lol seriously, good interview
shine on you crazy diamond
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 4:44pm
me in a hellbender?? you ARE senile Medic.

the whole time I read this all i could think about was these two:

Ether pops in at :45

F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 5:16pm
Very nice intw.
Medic is a stand out person, who i love to play with/against :-)
Seriously one of the guys who give this game love and light.
And thnx for the good words.
Krister/Pancake;-)

shewulph View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote shewulph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 5:22pm
haha medic. great interview!
this is my cup of care -> \_/

oh look. it's empty.

_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 5:22pm
i love playing with medic, we make a good team and i know what hes doing all the time when im in game with him. very level headed and cool on the battle field. one of the best in vctf without a doubt...

what about the dark walker medic??? ~.^

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 5:24pm
nice interview! medic is a stand up guy and i got nothing but respect 4 him.
also, one hell of a flag runner! Thumbs Up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 5:32pm
Bain, Danjel wants to know why you didn't ask Medic about his firehose.
Good interview. Medic is a good guy, friends with everyone, avoids drama.
LimitlessMonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LimitlessMonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by BAIN

Who do you find really tough to go up against?

Well, lets see.........probably the same people as the previous list however there a few standouts.

In the tank----Aqua, DoD, Envy, papa
In the raptor---Shaker, Limitless Monster, Dvirus
In the fury-----Cbizzy, chrisc
In a manta or viper----Nooby, Tx2ky7 :), Ether404
In a hellbender Ether, Fluffy
Sniping otakutony, necro, tx,

Did any of these players help you become the player that you are today? Who else had an influence on you?

Everyone made me who I am today. So thanks for nothing guys. I was a lump of clay waiting to be molded and I'm still a lump.

My first friends were Coolworx, Aquaknot, DOD, limitless monster and The King Eternal. I really learned a lot from them. 

Wow i was mentioned *has giddy moment* not once but twice, think gonna lose my mind, Tongue.

Nah but your cool dude, remember when i first got started 18 months  ago now and it was me versus you in a viper battle on Sandstorm, had blast trying to beat you, i agree with the first bit about why you like VCtF is because of the teamwork involved in it, as its the same reason as why i like VCtF so much as well, good interview to btw.

Will update my sig when something worth while deserves to be here.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 5:42pm
Yea good job Bain and yea i played with medic a couple times he's pretty Fn good 
A-R_siIIyy View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote A-R_siIIyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 5:55pm
never knew he was actually a medic
you want lobster? huh,im thinkin burger king
Wong_City View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wong_City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 7:41pm
good job to the both of u medic,bain
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 7:43pm
great interview....great guy to play alongside. always a great communicator. knows how to run the flag deceptively. HOWEVER, from reading all of that i haven't tormented u enough to get mentioned. that's gonna change!!!
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 8:51pm
great interview. medic is an all around cla** act.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 4:00am
Originally posted by Medic

Who are these Steelers that you speak of????

After last night's game, I'm beginning to ask that myself.  13-6, Browns..
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 4:12am
WTF is the matter with you people!?

Medic is pure EVIL!

Behind that Grandfatherly Veneer and smokey voice is a dark soul devoid of any humanity.

He is the personification of all that is Wicked and Wrong.

Medic? more like Dr. Mengele or at best Faustus.

If you only knew what I knew.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>