| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Old Banned Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite Weed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite Weed
    Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 10:08pm
i quit weed.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

I get stressed as well, however I would like to keep my memory, intellect, higher social status,white teeth, smelling good, and not be broke.  But,..thats just me.
  • Social status based on the perception of your peers.  After using Marijuana, Phelps is still highly regarded, although he did loose many promotional contracts...
  • Bleach your teeth.
  • How does smoking impact your hygiene?
  • Smoking isn't an expensive habit, comparatively.
  • All of the above don't matter, if you make Canna-butter or hash oil...

• Lastly, and the most difficult to discuss is the effect on memory.  From pages 158-161 of "Buzzed" written by 3 PhD's from Duke Medical Center, I've paraphrased the following passages:  
    • Marijuana compromises the ability to learn new information, but not the ability to recall previously learned information.
    • Marijuana appears to have residual effects on cognitive function (including memory) for up to 48 hours.
    • Heavy users (5+ times/week) showed much less mental flexibility in problem solving than did light uses (avg 1/month).  Heavy users often repeatedly made the same mistake.
    • Light users were divided into subgroups based on how much marijuana they had used in the past.  With no THC in there system at the time of testing, it did not matter how much these subjects had smoked in the past - there was no apparent permanent effects.
    • Deficits were assoiated with those who initiated before age sixteen; those who started after age sixteen showed no deficits.
    • Lastly in 1988 - After two years of public hearings, the administrative law judge for the DEA, Francis Young, wrote that marijuana was "one of the safest the****utically active substances known to man."  And, that marijuana fulfilled the lefal requirement of currently acceptable medical use.  However, his order that marijuana be moved to a schedule 2 was overruled by the DEA.
Life is made up of experience.  To deny yourself experiences that don't irrevocably impede future experience is to decrease the richness of life.
Cruel IntentionZ View Drop Down
Team AA
Team AA
Val and I share Mikey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cruel IntentionZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by HanFei

Life is made up of experience.  To deny yourself experiences that don't irrevocably impede future experience is to decrease the richness of life.

nice mantra.. but just think if we all followed that through to its logical conclusion..

it could pretty much be used to justify anything, even murder.
Some people are alive simply because it’s against the law to kill them.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by LuciFer

nice mantra.. but just think if we all followed that through to its logical conclusion..

It's a homeostatic model.  I hope to not seem pretentious...

Ex) Murder increases likelihood of imprisonment, limiting future experience.  Don't murder.
Cruel IntentionZ View Drop Down
Team AA
Team AA
Val and I share Mikey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cruel IntentionZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 11:00pm

Originally posted by LuciFer

It's a homeostatic model.

Ex) Murder increases likelihood of imprisonment, limiting future experience.  Don't murder.

nah, murder, but make damn sure you don't leave any evidence.

Some people are alive simply because it’s against the law to kill them.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 11:03pm
Smoking weed can also land you in jail.  A majority of the pot smokers, stink.  They have yellow/black teeth.  Smoking pot isnt an expensive "hobby", but when your start tacking on court costs, it sure can be.  This is based off whats in my area.  Im not saying that applies for everyone.  I actually prefer runners high as apposed to any drug.  Doesn't cost a dime, makes me feel better longer, and has more positives and fewer negatives.  
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 11:04pm
And by future experiences do you mean lung cancer?  
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 11:12pm

Smoking weed can also land you in jail.  A majority of the pot smokers, stink.  They have yellow/black teeth.  Smoking pot isnt an expensive "hobby", but when your start tacking on court costs, it sure can be.  This is based off whats in my area.  Im not saying that applies for everyone.  I actually prefer runners high as apposed to any drug.  Doesn't cost a dime, makes me feel better longer, and has more positives and fewer negatives.  
You won't go to jail in these states:

StateYear PassedHow Passed 
(Yes Vote)
ID Card FeePossession Limit
1. Alaska
Ballot Measure 8 (58%)
$25/$20
1 oz usable; 6 plants (3 mature, 3 immature)
Proposition 215 (56%)
$66/$33
8 oz usable; 18 plants (6 mature, 12 immature)
Ballot Amendment 20 (54%)
$90
2 oz usable; 6 plants (3 mature, 3 immature)
4. Hawaii
Senate Bill 862 (32-18 House; 13-12 Senate)
$25
3 oz usable; 7 plants (3 mature, 4 immature)
5. Maine
Ballot Question 2 (61%)
1.25 oz usable; 6 plants (3 mature, 3 immature)
6. Michigan2008Proposal 1 (63%)$100/$252.5 oz usable; 12 plants
Initiative 148 (62%)
$50
1 oz usable; 6 plants
8. Nevada
Ballot Question 9 (65%)
$150 +
1 oz usable; 7 plants (3 mature, 4 immature)
Senate Bill 523 (36-31 House; 32-3 Senate)
$0
6 oz usable; 16 plants (4 mature, 12 immature)
10. Oregon
Ballot Measure 67 (55%)
$100/$20
24 oz usable; 24 plants (6 mature, 18 immature)
Senate Bill 0710 (52-10 House; 33-1 Senate)
$75/$10
2.5 oz usable; 12 plants
12. Vermont
Senate Bill 76 (22-7) HB 645 (82-59)
$50
2 oz usable; 9 plants (2 mature, 7 immature)
Initiative 692 (59%)
24 oz usable; 15 plants
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 11:16pm
Still over 30 states that havent adopted that.  I read an article last year that said 85 plus percent of pot smokers also smoked cigarettes.  I think i'll stick with not putting harmful chemicals in my lungs and losing money on another habit.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 11:38pm
American Medical Association endorses medical marijuana...
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 11:43pm

1) Eating Canna-Butter avoids adverse affects associated with smoking.
2) On page 153 of Buzzed by 3 PhDs of Duke, "So far, no definitive evidence links marijuana smoking with lung caner, but eventually such a link will probably be established."

In short, Marijuana shouldn't be a class 1 drug, along with Cocaine, Heroine, etcetera.
CKC_TRIPHOP View Drop Down
Team CKC
Team CKC
goof

Post Options Post Options   Quote CKC_TRIPHOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 12:09am

wow this conversation is giving me the munchies lol (but it is interesting lol)
[/url]
TwisTed_Nohpets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TwisTed_Nohpets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 12:25am
i just have one questioned. and i dont mean to sound condecending, but do any of u (big) pot smokers have respectable jobs and  or familys?
AltimA SiTin On 20s
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 12:52am
HA. See how many reply 
TwisTed_Nohpets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TwisTed_Nohpets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 1:43am
how are u glad to not have a fixed paying job?
AltimA SiTin On 20s
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 1:45am
Originally posted by TwisTed_Nohpets

how are u glad to not have a fixed paying job?
With scholarships and FAFSA, I'm free to do hourly work only when I need to.
BaconWizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BaconWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 2:06am
yeah i have a job im a custodian for the near by school district. smoking in no way impedes my normal daily duties, or my ability to function in normally in society.

and thank you hanfei you said it all.
God Gives Head In Heaven
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 2:54am

1) Eating Canna-Butter avoids adverse affects associated with smoking.
2) On page 153 of Buzzed by 3 PhDs of Duke, "So far, no definitive evidence links marijuana smoking with lung caner, but eventually such a link will probably be established."

In short, Marijuana shouldn't be a class 1 drug, along with Cocaine, Heroine, etcetera.
How does Canna butter do such things? 
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 5:03am
damn pot heads..........
shine on you crazy diamond
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 5:03am
nice sig bacon
shine on you crazy diamond
sickboogiemurder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 5:46am
Marijuana is the greatest medicine.

Favorite weed = Godfather
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 11:35am

American Medical Association endorses medical marijuana...
Han, the AMA endorses it for medical purposes. I don't think they endorse it for use by 12 people stuffed into a VW Jetta wagon, driving around in a cloud of smoke, selling sh1tty bracelets while following Phish.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 11:36am
Originally posted by sickboogiemurder

Marijuana is the greatest medicine.

Favorite weed = Godfather
What are you recovering from?
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 11:54am

I get stressed as well, however I would like to keep my memory, intellect, higher social status,white teeth, smelling good, and not be broke.  But,..thats just me.
  • Social status based on the perception of your peers.  After using Marijuana, Phelps is still highly regarded, although he did loose many promotional contracts... I wouldn't let him babysit my kid.
  • Bleach your teeth. That's like saying, "get fat, then do some cardio." Why fix something you can avoid altogether?
  • How does smoking impact your hygiene? You smell like sh1t.
  • Smoking isn't an expensive habit, comparatively. Weed is expensive, as are the tools required to smoke it. You don't always have an apple to MacGuyver a pipe out of or a 2-liter bottle to make a gravity bong from.
  • All of the above don't matter, if you make Canna-butter or hash oil...My wife sold my butter churn at our last garage sale.

• Lastly, and the most difficult to discuss is the effect on memory.  From pages 158-161 of "Buzzed" written by 3 PhD's from Duke Medical Center, I've paraphrased the following passages:  
    • Marijuana compromises the ability to learn new information, but not the ability to recall previously learned information.
    • Marijuana appears to have residual effects on cognitive function (including memory) for up to 48 hours.
    • Heavy users (5+ times/week) showed much less mental flexibility in problem solving than did light uses (avg 1/month).  Heavy users often repeatedly made the same mistake.
    • Light users were divided into subgroups based on how much marijuana they had used in the past.  With no THC in there system at the time of testing, it did not matter how much these subjects had smoked in the past - there was no apparent permanent effects. You don't reap these benefits until you quit though.
    • Deficits were assoiated with those who initiated before age sixteen; those who started after age sixteen showed no deficits.
    • Lastly in 1988 - After two years of public hearings, the administrative law judge for the DEA, Francis Young, wrote that marijuana was "one of the safest the****utically active substances known to man."  And, that marijuana fulfilled the lefal requirement of currently acceptable medical use.  However, his order that marijuana be moved to a schedule 2 was overruled by the DEA. Comparatively speaking. . .
Life is made up of experience.  To deny yourself experiences that don't irrevocably impede future experience is to decrease the richness of life. The same arguement could be made for NAMBLA.
Han Fei's posts are among my favorite to read. Philisophical, blended with fact and never sharp or attacking. Whenever I post in response to him, I know there is a fair chance he is going to blow holes in it without calling me names or making fun of me. The choice to use marijauna is a personal one. I don't condemn those who do it. I just find that many of those that I know or have known to do it, don't do it responsibly. Getting your dog or cat high isn't cool or funny. Driving around high isn't cool or funny. Smoking dope while children are under your care is not cool or funny. I've smoked, many times. Finally, I came to a point in my life where there were more important things to do. I also felt that while I was being told that it enhances life experiences, I seemed to be missing much more. I would much rather enjoy the beauty of fall foliage via a hike through Stonybrook Park rather than from the seat of my car, covered in Dorito crumbs.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 12:20pm

How does Canna butter do such things? 
Sorry, I should have been more specific.  Using Canna-butter avoids only damage to the lungs.  Heavy, habitual use still temporarily degrades the hypothalamus's ability to form new memories.

While there are at least 66 cannabinoids, the psychoactive compounds in marijuana, many are structurally similar the poster-child THC or Tetra-Hydo-Cannabinol.  This compound is fat soluble and found in concentrations of ~3 - 24% in the flowering bud of the female plant.  By soaking the dried bud of the plant in hot, liquid butter, the cannabinoids leave the plant and are suspended in the butter.  When brought down to room temperature to solidify, the canna-butter is used as conventional butter, either as a spread or in cooking.

Wiki-picture of the process.  As an aside, I've never done or seen this in person.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>