| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

donwtown tank node

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: is it a good idea to build the tank node?!
Vote Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [32.00%]
17 [68.00%]

Author
Team Deep
Team Deep
Man with many A's

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote FraaaaZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: donwtown tank node
    Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 12:16pm
ive come accross quite a number of well experienced players with mixed views about the tank node in downtown wf. not mentioning names here but some say not to build it at all while others build it themselves. what do you think? im not too keen on it myself personally....... what about u guys? give reasons for why u say yes or no.
FraaaaZ / HeAvEnLy_MaRTyR
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 12:20pm
Yes in a competitive match.

No in a noob filled arena...

UT3 is a noob filled arena, so no.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 1:11pm
If the battle is for prime, especially your own, build tank and hit prime from a distance.   If your opponent backs the tank into prime, shape charge it - don't complain.  Although the developers could have prevented the tank from getting into prime in the last patch, they didn't...
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 1:24pm
the tank node is key for defense only and should not be built until after you have full control of center and advancing to enemy prime. Its all about when to get it. The node is important but def not that important in the beginning of the match.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 1:28pm
I lied its good for offense to help get enemy prime
FraaaaZ View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Man with many A's

Post Options Post Options   Quote FraaaaZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

the tank node is key for defense only and should not be built until after you have full control of center and advancing to enemy prime. Its all about when to get it. The node is important but def not that important in the beginning of the match.

isnt it useful if ur core is vulnerable and u use it to destroy ur prime node which the enemies have control over?! i agree, it depends on when u build it but ive seen it as a help/hindrence in many different situations........
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 1:29pm
If you're battling for center node and respawning at tank node you are at a definite disadvantage. I say take it when you have enemy prime. Not only can you cover enemy prime from the alley but the tank is quite a distraction. It could help you regain your prime node but will hurt you when going for center.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 1:31pm
Of course always get it in OT. LOL.
FraaaaZ View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Man with many A's

Post Options Post Options   Quote FraaaaZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 1:31pm
i find it funny when pppl swear down their mics when they respawn there, i agree it is quite frustrating......
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 1:35pm
To me and because I'm an orb carrier..the way it defaults all spawning to go to tank is what screws up the game. In your case if we have prime and tank.. If I die while holding the orb I'm going to be spawned at tank not back to our prime. I think of warfare a little bit different than most.. People think of getting the tank node for the tank and mantas.. I think of it as a spawn point that screws me up cause I'm an orb carrier. You can't win games with a tank.. You can with the orb and node.
Stridz View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stridz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

To me and because I'm an orb carrier..the way it defaults all spawning to go to tank is what screws up the game. In your case if we have prime and tank.. If I die while holding the orb I'm going to be spawned at tank not back to our prime. I think of warfare a little bit different than most.. People think of getting the tank node for the tank and mantas.. I think of it as a spawn point that screws me up cause I'm an orb carrier. You can't win games with a tank.. You can with the orb and node.
lol spoken like a true orb carrier
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 2:41pm

For most games no, it is not helpful to spawn on the other side of the map. Especially when the other team is full of players that have no problem taking down the tank.

The instances that I like the tank node are as follows.
-If Hellscream or someone nearly as good in the tank is on my team.
-If the other team has one of their better players going after the tank node. I can usually tie up a player much better than me at the tank node for much of the match. Effectively removing that elite player from the game while only subtracting the mediocrity of myself from my team.
-If the clock is at zero, get the tank node!
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 3:02pm
I agree with Cokken.  When in over time, An extra node will help burn the other teams core faster.  The only time I would get it is when your team has your node, and center.  Even then, if they come back and get your node, then you still have the tank, which can be helpful or harmful.  Although, I never drive the tank, im not very good at it and would like to stay that way.  
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 5:14pm

Damn, I didn't even think about the overtime benefit of burning the other team's core faster.  For some reason I thought only the nodes that directly link the two cores affected the rate the cores burned.Confused

env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 11:23pm
Yeah the tank node is somewhat annoying. at longest its a competetive match then the tank should be used. the respawn is the thing that most players actually complain about
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 5:52am
It obviously all depends on the situation, if you have some gimp in it who is only going to try and get a massacre off easy kills and then brag about it... well no its not worth it.

Overtime = Yes
Playing alongside team players = Yes
Greedy pricks = No
If you have centre locked down = Yes
If you have lost your prime = Yes

It all just depends on what, where and when... nothing is ever a straight yes or no answer in ut3 apart from whether QuickRC is an unemployed embarrasment to his parents (=Yes).
Stridz View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stridz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Danjel8

It obviously all depends on the situation, if you have some gimp in it who is only going to try and get a massacre off easy kills and then brag about it... well no its not worth it.

Overtime = Yes
Playing alongside team players = Yes
Greedy pricks = No
If you have centre locked down = Yes
If you have lost your prime = Yes

It all just depends on what, where and when... nothing is ever a straight yes or no answer in ut3 apart from whether QuickRC is an unemployed embarrasment to his parents (=Yes).
i park the tank on the node n kill everybody
Stridz View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stridz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 7:30am
only joking!! i would get in the tank more but im a noob in it loooool!! personally i dont care if nxt person on the other team abuses the tank yeah it pisses me off at times but it allways feels good when you take the retard outta the tank!!!!!!!
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 1:49pm
with advanced players in a full game and someone good in the tank with the team keeping it healed, the tank node is very good and an advantage. but in a pub with noobs, the tank just seems to hurt the team that has it. if the tank is kept alive, your team wont spawn there. when the tank dies, everyone on your team spawns there and its hard to hold down any prime nodes once this happens. plus noobs arent very smart with teleporting....

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 2:37pm
^^^I did not know that about spawning at the tank node if the tank is dead. Now that I think about it, I don't remember the tank ever being there when I spawn there. Interesting.
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 2:40pm

I did not know that either ... very interesting

warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 3:14pm
lol, I didn't know that either...thought it was just random where you respawn.
NewBe4hire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NewBe4hire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 5:02pm
   Tank Node all day. It is always a benefit. I remember when everyone cussed me out because I would go grab the tank right before catching the opposite teams prime and spawn camp the poop out of them. Since than, many other players like to spawn camp, since Warfare is so broken in spawns and all. The Tank node is always worth having... It is the last line of D, and the first line of attack when it comes time for the core, or taking down a node or two.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

with advanced players in a full game and someone good in the tank with the team keeping it healed, the tank node is very good and an advantage. but in a pub with noobs, the tank just seems to hurt the team that has it. if the tank is kept alive, your team wont spawn there. when the tank dies, everyone on your team spawns there and its hard to hold down any prime nodes once this happens. plus noobs arent very smart with teleporting....

Dang i didn't know that either wow im a N00b =)
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by NewBe4hire

Tank Node all day. It is always a benefit. I remember when everyone cussed me out because I would go grab the tank right before catching the opposite teams prime and spawn camp the poop out of them. Since than, many other players like to spawn camp, since Warfare is so broken in spawns and all. The Tank node is always worth having... It is the last line of D, and the first line of attack when it comes time for the core, or taking down a node or two.
How do you mean WF is broken because of the spawn points.  I pretty much know where im going to spawn and where im not going to spawn.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>