FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

video capture issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: video capture issues
    Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 1:54am
so i got Pinnacle studio moviebox plus

output to pc is simple enough
input from Tv is component cable ... BUT:

everytime i hit capture on the software i got a message that There is no input signal!

Any thoughts ... 
Dr4g0v View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil
Stinger Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr4g0v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 10:38am
i've problem with my Dazzle black prenium.
when you recording in VGA (red yellow white) can you play in HDMI 720P
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

everytime i hit capture on the software i got a message that There is no input signal!

Any thoughts ... 
Fluff check the driver that comes with it is the one being used. Did it install OK? What OS are u using? Can u see what ur capturing on pre-screen b4 u hit capture? Also does it connect straight to ur sound and graphics card? (guessing its USB and doesn't).
What r u up to mate? capturing from PS3 display??
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Any thoughts ... 
Fluff check the driver that comes with it is the one being used. Did it install OK? What OS are u using? Can u see what ur capturing on pre-screen b4 u hit capture? Also does it connect straight to ur sound and graphics card? (guessing its USB and doesn't).
yeah the Ps3 has no 'outs' other than USB so Im using the component outs on the TV to the Pinnacle breakout box. The breakout box is just a simple usb out to my laptop which is XP
and no i ma not seeing anything anything on prescreen.
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 4:06pm

Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

so i got Pinnacle studio plus

Any thoughts ... 
yeah the Ps3 has no 'outs' other than USB so Im using the component outs on the TV to the Pinnacle breakout box. The breakout box is just a simple usb out to my laptop which is XP
and no i ma not seeing anything anything on prescreen.
Look to see if the Pinnacle studio software is using the correct driver/codec to allow you to do this. There should b and option to change. Also USB setup can b hit and miss especially on a laptop. I presume its a good spec and using USB 2.0?
Carn4ge 0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Carn4ge 0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 4:19pm
I forget what video capture card that I have but it has a breakout box behind my desktop as well.  The breakout box has component plugs on one side, and composite plugs on the other.  Strangely enough, only the component plugs are inputs.  The composite are outputs from the laptop.  I don't have a PS3 but if you can component output from the PS3 into the breakout box you can probably get something, lesser quality of course.
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Carn4ge 0

I forget what video capture card that I have but it has a breakout box behind my desktop as well.  The breakout box has component plugs on one side, and composite plugs on the other.  Strangely enough, only the component plugs are inputs.  The composite are outputs from the laptop.  I don't have a PS3 but if you can component output from the PS3 into the breakout box you can probably get something, lesser quality of course.
Thats the problem, the only outs from the Ps3 go to the tv ... the only thing else left is USB
Carn4ge 0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Carn4ge 0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 7:39pm
I think I screwed up what I was trying to type earlier.  Basically, the breakout box that came with my card had both component (RGB) plugs and composite (RCA) plugs.  It would only accept input through the composite (RCA) plugs though.  The composite (RGB) plugs on the breakout box were for outputs to the tv.  Yours may be saying no input because it only accepts input from the composite (RCA) plugs.

I had to rig mine up be outputting to RCA cables from my xbox 360, using Y-splitters to split the outputs, then plugging one of each into the tv and one of each into the capture card.  

If this is the case for you then you'd be screwed unless you can get a composite (RCA) output from the PS3.
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 12:02pm

I think I screwed up what I was trying to type earlier.  Basically, the breakout box that came with my card had both component (RGB) plugs and composite (RCA) plugs.  It would only accept input through the composite (RCA) plugs though.  The composite (RGB) plugs on the breakout box were for outputs to the tv.  Yours may be saying no input because it only accepts input from the composite (RCA) plugs.

I had to rig mine up be outputting to RCA cables from my xbox 360, using Y-splitters to split the outputs, then plugging one of each into the tv and one of each into the capture card.  

If this is the case for you then you'd be screwed unless you can get a composite (RCA) output from the PS3.
I have a patch panel so i can split it if necessary. Problem now is i can't get a signal on my TV from my Ps3 unless I use HDMI ... I can't get a signal on the multi AVA cables ... so annoying
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 1:43pm

I have a patch panel so i can split it if necessary. Problem now is i can't get a signal on my TV from my Ps3 unless I use HDMI ... I can't get a signal on the multi AVA cables ... so annoying
Hmmn how comes? Can u get any signal through the box? this is a little difficult to imagine got any pics??? Anyway cant u use both HDMI and AV leads from PS3 to TV then output from AV out or split signal to breakout box input?
Also USB inputs to a laptop sometimes creates resource issues so avoid multiple inputs (use serial ports at back or mousepad and detach all else) into the bus. Again worth saying - check driver status and device manager to see if all's good.
Sorry to say im glad i didnt buy one for my mac last week i was tempted as it was £60 from £80. Might still do it cos i can return if it doesnt work. Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply