Forum Home Forum Home > MAG > MAG
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

???Who is buying MAG???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ???Who is buying MAG???
    Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Penguin

Originally posted by Danjel8

What are the main problems gonna be with this game?

What are the modes too? It just seems ridiculously oversized, 256 players is silly IMO.

Its gonna be a lot of joining games half way through etc... the game sounds pretty cool and I wouldn't mind getting it at some point but just feels like its a game waiting to go tits up.

The Maps are really big and certain Squads (don't know what it's called so Imma call them squads  XD) are designated for certain areas.  

But all Squads are working together for a common objective, and only Squad leaders can talk to other squads; asking for help or whatever. 

Your area of the map shouldn't be too crowded.   and as for joining half way through...that didn't happen to me much in the Beta, only problem I had was waiting 5-10 minutes for a game  @.@   
don't know if anything changed during the last beta since I only played the one in December

ouch I don't wanna be waiting 5-10 mins, thats why I'm sick of the party structure on MW2!

The whole squad thing sounds good, one problem though... what happens if one squad on a different area of the map get totally ****d and leave the game? does that mean you get flanked easily or can't that other team get to you?

I think I should of got the beta version lol... sounds interesting.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:10am
Originally posted by INCReMENTAL

Yeah Penguin, the problem with your guys closed beta is there wasn't a huge player count so getting 256 players together wouldn't have been easy. In open beta there was way more players, about 5000 to a faction so a total of 15000 on at one time always.

Just like in this tournament were in, there's only a 1000 players that could play so they locked out domination, simply because u could never get a game going.

Got any idea how many people are expected to be playing this when it releases?

Sorry about all the questions... I just wanna know about it coz like I say it looks awesome but just feel it could fail on so many levels.
daaBOMB View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote daaBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:12am

What are the modes too? It just seems ridiculously oversized, 256 players is silly IMO.

Its gonna be a lot of joining games half way through etc... the game sounds pretty cool and I wouldn't mind getting it at some point but just feels like its a game waiting to go tits up.

Have you tried the BETA when it was out?
Cause i thought it might be a lil G.AY cause of the size and how many ppl could join. But actually i was pleasantly surprised! It's like a MASSIVE TDM/Domination thing...there is always someone 2 kill. I can't wait 2 get the game to see how the vehicle modes will work out :) I only played the BETA and i think its soooooo much better then MW2! It's fun (obviously) playing with friends and healing their nooby a.sses when they're on the ground die-ing then straight after you get killed urself >.< boo lol It's annoying sometimes though like when you heal every1, group 2getha then get some random bomb in ur face, then all the ppl u healed and urself r lying on the floor dying lol haha...but u do get some nice teamwork. Every1 is helping each otha and if they don't then knife them when u spawn :) :P >.<  It can sometimes get pretty dramatic on the mics - - -it's all good fun :) funny times :P

Yes you do get to kill load's of ppl and yes there are lot's of ppl playing so it's difficult to keep a streak going cause most likely u'll kill 3 or 4 ppl then the 5th one will get u frm the behind >.<
There are more modes but i don't know what they r...ill find out when i get the game :) 

I do agree with you though that it would get kinda annoying joining half-way or more then half-way into a massive game and like only have 10 or 5 mins left on the clock...but i still think it's gonna b a great game and it'll b worth the money.

Defo you should get it and see if u can own me :P lol
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:27am
Originally posted by daaBOMB

Have you tried the BETA when it was out?
Cause i thought it might be a lil G.AY cause of the size and how many ppl could join. But actually i was pleasantly surprised! It's like a MASSIVE TDM/Domination thing...there is always someone 2 kill. I can't wait 2 get the game to see how the vehicle modes will work out :) I only played the BETA and i think its soooooo much better then MW2! It's fun (obviously) playing with friends and healing their nooby a.sses when they're on the ground die-ing then straight after you get killed urself >.< boo lol It's annoying sometimes though like when you heal every1, group 2getha then get some random bomb in ur face, then all the ppl u healed and urself r lying on the floor dying lol haha...but u do get some nice teamwork. Every1 is helping each otha and if they don't then knife them when u spawn :) :P >.<  It can sometimes get pretty dramatic on the mics - - -it's all good fun :) funny times :P

Yes you do get to kill load's of ppl and yes there are lot's of ppl playing so it's difficult to keep a streak going cause most likely u'll kill 3 or 4 ppl then the 5th one will get u frm the behind >.<
There are more modes but i don't know what they r...ill find out when i get the game :) 

I do agree with you though that it would get kinda annoying joining half-way or more then half-way into a massive game and like only have 10 or 5 mins left on the clock...but i still think it's gonna b a great game and it'll b worth the money.

Defo you should get it and see if u can own me :P lol

ahhh I dunno MW2 is my new crack/ut3 :) I totally love it and got 1000 kills yesterday alone with the AK-47 :)

I like the sound of MAG, healing people sounds cool too. How long at the games? I quite enjoy long games when things are going well. I'll have a lil look online at it, but it sounds kinda like battlefield in the limited mode aspect and that game was still amazing!
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:32am
Danny,
It won't be much different from UT3 in that respect. Like UT3, you are going to have the stat-whores who ignore objectives, try to level up and then brag to the communtity that they are ranked #1.
Spam won't be a factor because there is friendly fire. You get points taken off for killing your own mates.
I've played COD online and MAG. MAG>COD. Frankly, I enjoyed the story mode better than online play for COD.
daaBOMB View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote daaBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:33am
[/QUOTE] ahhh I dunno MW2 is my new crack/ut3 :) I totally love it and got 1000 kills yesterday alone with the AK-47 :) <------- NICE O.O

I like the sound of MAG, healing people sounds cool too. How long at the games? I quite enjoy long games when things are going well. I'll have a lil look online at it, but it sounds kinda like battlefield in the limited mode aspect and that game was still amazing!
[/QUOTE]

The games in the beta at least were like 20 mins i think...INC?? he would know more...lol i got 2 into it 2 look at the time O.o
I think u'll like the parachuting! lol what i did in one game was land on a telephone pole, laid down on top and sniped ppl frm across the map :D so funny seeing them squirm! lol MUWAhahahahahaha! :P
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:34am
Originally posted by COKKENBALLS

Danny,
It won't be much different from UT3 in that respect. Like UT3, you are going to have the stat-whores who ignore objectives, try to level up and then brag to the communtity that they are ranked #1.
Spam won't be a factor because there is friendly fire. You get points taken off for killing your own mates.
I've played COD online and MAG. MAG>COD. Frankly, I enjoyed the story mode better than online play for COD.

Ahhhh friendly fire is never a good idea!! Unless they have a FF kick system installed?

Hmm I just love COD, I've got to a level where left to fend by myself I can pick apart teams on that. Which is kinda another reason why I'm unsure about MAG.

Anyone got any good youtube vids for it?
daaBOMB View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote daaBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:50am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUpa9QaVp5M

Watch this one :) so you can see the actual BETA game play
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:58am
Hitler talking about MAG on 360. . .
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 11:01am
dabomb, sabotage is 20mins, domination is 30mins. The thang I hate about this game, I mean ***n hate, is time flys by, lol. U look at the clock and before u know it ur in your 6th match and 2hrs went by, lol. I love it.

Danjel, there is a kick button for team killing, if you have enough kicks voted, u get the boot. Its no where like UT3 in forms of spam. U could take your 100 clip machine gun and empty the clip and maybe kill 2 or 3 people just spamming ****. Trust me its not like UT3 with flak whores, mini gun hores or links flying everywhere or some random rocket stuck up your ass, again don't speculate till you play.

Just like people went on and on saying 256 would lag out and get frame drops, lol yeah right. UT3 is way laggy in terms of glitchy, random **** happening. Don't get me wrong I'm not cuttin UT3 down, my favorite but MAG out does all that plus more.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
daaBOMB View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote daaBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 11:04am
Jeeza!!! that was f-in hilarious Cok!! lol
daaBOMB View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote daaBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 11:07am
But yeah ur right Inc...time goes 2 fast >.< the games should b longer cause they r so massive!

On MAG I didn't get any LAG which was surprising cause that's always the problem for EU/UK players.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 11:49am

dabomb, sabotage is 20mins, domination is 30mins. The thang I hate about this game, I mean ***n hate, is time flys by, lol. U look at the clock and before u know it ur in your 6th match and 2hrs went by, lol. I love it.

Danjel, there is a kick button for team killing, if you have enough kicks voted, u get the boot. Its no where like UT3 in forms of spam. U could take your 100 clip machine gun and empty the clip and maybe kill 2 or 3 people just spamming ****. Trust me its not like UT3 with flak whores, mini gun hores or links flying everywhere or some random rocket stuck up your ass, again don't speculate till you play.

Just like people went on and on saying 256 would lag out and get frame drops, lol yeah right. UT3 is way laggy in terms of glitchy, random **** happening. Don't get me wrong I'm not cuttin UT3 down, my favorite but MAG out does all that plus more.

its ok I can speculate all I like thanks.

Kick button.. so what happens when you absolutely **** people and then you end up on their team and they decide to kick you for a laugh?

I'll watch those vids when I get back from work, but thanks for posting them :)
daaBOMB View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote daaBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 12:04pm
I think it would b unlikely that u will c the same ppl again cause it's a massive game...also u get put into squads so just move 2 a different one if you ever see their name again :)
Dan just check it out on youtube MAG BETA when you get back frm work :) i liked the one i linked in my last post :)
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 12:13pm
Dan u just need to try it out. I can post more later, I'm real busy at work today. Ill add one more thang. In beta state during the week of open beta. 860,00 players downloaded it and tried it out which is impressive for a beta. I'd say within a few months time the game could have 1million players potential.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 12:16pm

Dan u just need to try it out. I can post more later, I'm real busy at work today. Ill add one more thang. In beta state during the week of open beta. 860,00 players downloaded it and tried it out which is impressive for a beta. I'd say within a few months time the game could have 1million players potential.

That is pretty impressive... I decided that I like games with lots of players, variety of styles is more fun to play against and you don't have to wait around playing with your balls to find a game.
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 2:27pm
I think Incremental has pretty much laid out why this game rules.
Ive played both Mw2 and Mag Beta and MAG just has a FUN FACTOR lacking in MW2.

The size of the game is VERY MANAGEABLE in the squads

The game I think looks better than MW2 the graphics are superior but thats my opinion.

DAN you should just rent it for a day. That way you give it a trial for a few pounds and if you hate it you dont have to waste your money.

At some point the player pop will drop and the size will be an achilles heal but so what.
All games eventually die.

I did my own little review of the games positives and negative in our clan base here's the link if you care  the 11th post from the top is a top 10 good and bad list

Everyone in DEEP is going to get it.

layer_Cake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote layer_Cake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 2:27pm

U really don't understand Danjel, there's only one mode that's 256 and you never have to play it if you don't want, its called Domination and you never have to come in a battle late, u have that option but u don't have to. Next 256 aint rediculous, why would it be???? There's nothing better then running around a corner to find yourself running into 30 or 40 enemies or even more. Its warfare at its finest. There's nothing better then something keeping you on your toes for 30mins like Domination. Sabotage is a gd mode which is 8 player squads devided up in 4 sections so a total of 32 players per a team, 64 total of the 2 teams. So what's gonna fail, the only thang I see right now is you need HUGE teamwork, and a devided number up between factions, without that, this will hurt this game. So in your opinion how can u even say 256 is silly, ur a warfare player, the more the merrier. These ***n maps are huge man, u like UT3s warfare u played for so long, well guess what, this will **** on UT3s warfare, literally. Before u speculate u should play it.
lol your right I really don't understand hence the ? 
256 is silly, I prefer 5v5 warfare... always hated spam. Just because I enjoy the mode and the objectives doesn't mean I love spam.
I guess this game won't have clan matches too...
I dunno, it looks cool and fun but its naive to expect 256 people to cooperate online, its hard enough 6v6! Anyway I might get it, be fun to see how it goes and I can finally trade ut3 and unchartered 2 in.
wrong it will have loads of clan battles going on! the games not even out yet and its already got a massive cash tourney going on! Domination is the only mode with 256 players in n yeah sometimes you get 50 people shooting at you= u aren't playing the game right! its about team work and moving as a squad domination is strategy stupid! you only hafe to cooperate with your squad not all 120 players! its up to your platoon leader to communicate with other platoon leaders in your army! the squad leader sets way points aka frago targets! domination= no medics no point
top 5 dead or alive
layer_Cake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote layer_Cake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 2:34pm

Originally posted by COKKENBALLS

Danny,
Ahhhh friendly fire is never a good idea!! Unless they have a FF kick system installed?
Hmm I just love COD, I've got to a level where left to fend by myself I can pick apart teams on that. Which is kinda another reason why I'm unsure about MAG.
Anyone got any good youtube vids for it?
friendly fire is a great idea because its a real war game that sh1t happens in war! n no there wont be a load of people killing there own team mates because they have auto kick if you start doing that retarded sh1t! you dont need to vote em out it auto drop kicks dem b1tches out!!!
top 5 dead or alive
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

I think Incremental has pretty much laid out why this game rules.
Ive played both Mw2 and Mag Beta and MAG just has a FUN FACTOR lacking in MW2.

The size of the game is VERY MANAGEABLE in the squads

The game I think looks better than MW2 the graphics are superior but thats my opinion.

DAN you should just rent it for a day. That way you give it a trial for a few pounds and if you hate it you dont have to waste your money.

At some point the player pop will drop and the size will be an achilles heal but so what.
All games eventually die.

I did my own little review of the games positives and negative in our clan base here's the link if you care  the 11th post from the top is a top 10 good and bad list

Everyone in DEEP is going to get it.

i still don't see the hype in MW2.  i just DON'T see it.  someone explain this to me.  there is campers that desperately kill to get a nuke to win a match.  you camp for a killstreak.  you get that killstreak.  use a UAV.  repeat to continue that killstreak.  get the nuke.   game over.  WHAT'S THE POINT???

i'm sorry.  i'd rather have an all out war in a huge area and not be confined to small areas with spawn killers and campers.  
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 2:48pm

its ok I can speculate all I like thanks.

Kick button.. so what happens when you absolutely **** people and then you end up on their team and they decide to kick you for a laugh?

I'll watch those vids when I get back from work, but thanks for posting them :)
You can't just kick people for fun. Trust me, I tried kicking IncreMENTAL over and over one night. The best I could get was 3 of the 4 votes needed to bounce his a$$.
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 2:51pm
I CANT WAIT to use friendly fire on Khantusion and Medic.

Tell me what other goal is there in life
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 3:06pm
There's something UT3's lacking.. auto-kick and vote to kick.  If I recall correctly, only the host in UT3 can kick and the same went for even my favorite game, TS.  I don't know about TF2, but I'm sure this game will be able to finally pull me away from ut3, if Brawl isn't already doing that already.  If I get bored of fighting, I just set-up a chaotic CPU scenario. (I set it to where all/ most of the items/ weapons are prone resulting with numerous ringouts.)  Anyhow, I'm looking forward to this game and being on the Raven or Valor side.  No way in the hell I'm going to be on Sver.
KingKesi View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote KingKesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 1:46pm
I played the beta for a while and I personally like MW2 a lot more.  But that's why different games exist...not everyone likes the same sh*t.

XBL: I Am Osirus
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 2:11pm
I've heard both ways but a lot of people that is playing MAG says its way better then MW2 and they are trading their copy in to get it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>