FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

???Who is buying MAG???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ???Who is buying MAG???
    Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by INCReMENTAL

I've heard both ways but a lot of people that is playing MAG says its way better then MW2 and they are trading their copy in to get it.

I'll be trading in  for sure. But Kesi is right ... to each his own.

Play what you enjoy.

My guess is If you like your kill streak rewards you wont like Mag.
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 2:28pm
Exactly about the kill streak. To me its way more rewarding on MAG when u get one hell of a kill streak, on UT3 these days its hella easy, lol.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Ether404

Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

I think Incremental has pretty much laid out why this game rules.
Ive played both Mw2 and Mag Beta and MAG just has a FUN FACTOR lacking in MW2.

The size of the game is VERY MANAGEABLE in the squads

The game I think looks better than MW2 the graphics are superior but thats my opinion.

DAN you should just rent it for a day. That way you give it a trial for a few pounds and if you hate it you dont have to waste your money.

At some point the player pop will drop and the size will be an achilles heal but so what.
All games eventually die.

I did my own little review of the games positives and negative in our clan base here's the link if you care  the 11th post from the top is a top 10 good and bad list

Everyone in DEEP is going to get it.

i still don't see the hype in MW2.  i just DON'T see it.  someone explain this to me.  there is campers that desperately kill to get a nuke to win a match.  you camp for a killstreak.  you get that killstreak.  use a UAV.  repeat to continue that killstreak.  get the nuke.   game over.  WHAT'S THE POINT???

i'm sorry.  i'd rather have an all out war in a huge area and not be confined to small areas with spawn killers and campers.  

exactly why i wouldnt waste 2 seconds of my life on this game :\
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 2:55pm
I don't understand Dead, lol, the post was talking about how worthless MW2 was and the gd points about MAG, so what was it you won't waste 2 seconds on, lol sry just misread it or something.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 3:07pm

I don't understand Dead, lol, the post was talking about how worthless MW2 was and the gd points about MAG, so what was it you won't waste 2 seconds on, lol sry just misread it or something.

wouldnt waste 2 seconds of my life on CODmw2, already wasted a few hours on CODmw1 and took me like 30 mins to realize the game was a joke that just rewarded asswipes for camping.

as far as MAG.. gonna give it a shot if a demo drops... i downloaded the beta but i think it ended before i got a chance to try it.. went on last week and it said servers were down
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Deadaim

wouldnt waste 2 seconds of my life on CODmw2, already wasted a few hours on CODmw1 and took me like 30 mins to realize the game was a joke that just rewarded asswipes for camping.

as far as MAG.. gonna give it a shot if a demo drops... i downloaded the beta but i think it ended before i got a chance to try it.. went on last week and it said servers were down
Beta's over. Theres a tourney going on now that Crow and Inc are involved in.
Your best shot is to rent it.

I don't even know this, but are games available for rent the day they drop or do you have to wait a month or something?
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 3:54pm
I know around here they have games to rent the day they come out, I know they had MW2 to go on the shelves to rent a few days before it came out so I'd say so. I know me and wopr are buying it at midnight the day it comes out, so basically the 1st hour so we can go ahead and get ahead of some peeps. Crow is tryin to also but his local wal mart is full of dumbf***s, hell aren't all of em, lol.

And yeah the tournament is fun right now. There is a lot more comp then what was in the open beta. You got all kinds of people trying to be point whores so everyone is at the top of their game, u barely see a casual player.
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 4:02pm

I know around here they have games to rent the day they come out, I know they had MW2 to go on the shelves to rent a few days before it came out so I'd say so. I know me and wopr are buying it at midnight the day it comes out, so basically the 1st hour so we can go ahead and get ahead of some peeps. Crow is tryin to also but his local wal mart is full of dumbf***s, hell aren't all of em, lol.

And yeah the tournament is fun right now. There is a lot more comp then what was in the open beta. You got all kinds of people trying to be point whores so everyone is at the top of their game, u barely see a casual player.

I already put half the money down on a preorder at Gamestop.

T minus 7 days.
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 1:38pm
one more day.  any suggestions for a NOOB to make like myself?  fluff told me to jump right into the multiplayer and level up.  wise or unwise.  
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 2:25pm

one more day.  any suggestions for a NOOB to make like myself?  fluff told me to jump right into the multiplayer and level up.  wise or unwise.  
Fluff speaks the truth. The only thing worse than my UT3 skills is my MAG skills. Get online, level up and find some good players to surround yourself with. Translation, I'm swinging off of IncreMENTAL's, Crow's and WOPR's nuts.
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 2:30pm
Who aint swinging off our nuts, hhmm lol. Alright Ether and the rest of the VAG clan, ill make a quick thread real quick in our clan forum. I want everyone to now what to do and my opinions on other stuff.
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 1:55pm
yo i'm probably a newbie for saying this since i haven't even played this game, but to me what the difference between this and call of duty or quake wars it seems the same to me, well besides the 256 players thing. and from the gameplay i've seen it takes to long to respawn. yo no attacks cause i'm just asking a simple question, and i'm trying to see if i should get this, cause this chick at my job told me she loves playing it, but i still don't see nothing different about it from other  war games.
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Zellot

yo i'm probably a newbie for saying this since i haven't even played this game, but to me what the difference between this and call of duty or quake wars it seems the same to me, well besides the 256 players thing. and from the gameplay i've seen it takes to long to respawn. yo no attacks cause i'm just asking a simple question, and i'm trying to see if i should get this, cause this chick at my job told me she loves playing it, but i still don't see nothing different about it from other  war games.

Well your first problem is definately you haven't played this game, I'm well aware that u haven't played it and your just questioning so I understand where ur coming from cause I'd do the same. It might look like COD but I assure you is no COD. I don't really know the exact words on how to compare the two. Personally I'm a fan of renting games before I buy. I thank everyone should do this.

One thang I can answer is the spawns. This is a team game meaning u spawn with ur squad. The spawns don't take forever, don't know where the hell yourgetting that from. Every now and then if you don't time it right you'll have to wait 20secs but after playing the game for a while it can amost be avoided. The thang is they want you to spawn with your teamates so you always have a group going to the objective together and not just random spawns 1 by 1 with you all spread out. So sometimes if people r dead before u, you can watch their spawn meter and as its close to the end just bleedout if no one can save and boom you'll spawn almost instantly. Again until u play the game ur probably thankin right now, wtf. You all just need to try it.

Personally my opinion. I like the 20sec spawns every now and then, gives me a chance to thank and regroup, write a text message back, get a drank, or eat some Grippos which is Crows and Woprs favorite chips BTW.

I say to everyone, judge if u want but to get an honest answer play it.
RaMSLaYeR View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote RaMSLaYeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 3:10pm
Comparing the game to the beta.. is it a lot better or about the same?? like wat is in the actual game but not the beta? i was just wondering
GT: V 3 L o C 1 t Y
Buzzin Fr0g View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Buzzin Fr0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 5:11pm

Well your first problem is definately you haven't played this game, I'm well aware that u haven't played it and your just questioning so I understand where ur coming from cause I'd do the same. It might look like COD but I assure you is no COD. I don't really know the exact words on how to compare the two. Personally I'm a fan of renting games before I buy. I thank everyone should do this.

One thang I can answer is the spawns. This is a team game meaning u spawn with ur squad. The spawns don't take forever, don't know where the hell yourgetting that from. Every now and then if you don't time it right you'll have to wait 20secs but after playing the game for a while it can amost be avoided. The thang is they want you to spawn with your teamates so you always have a group going to the objective together and not just random spawns 1 by 1 with you all spread out. So sometimes if people r dead before u, you can watch their spawn meter and as its close to the end just bleedout if no one can save and boom you'll spawn almost instantly. Again until u play the game ur probably thankin right now, wtf. You all just need to try it.

Personally my opinion. I like the 20sec spawns every now and then, gives me a chance to thank and regroup, write a text message back, get a drank, or eat some Grippos which is Crows and Woprs favorite chips BTW.

I say to everyone, judge if u want but to get an honest answer play it.

Whoa.  Maybe you should get a custom keyboard with the "I" and the "A" at the extreme right and left, respectively. 
Got Pwned?

Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 5:22pm

Is the chick you work with good looking? Get her to invite you over to try it out. If you're lucky, you'll get to try MAG and get laid.
CKC_TRIPHOP View Drop Down
Team CKC
Team CKC
goof

Post Options Post Options   Quote CKC_TRIPHOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by COKKENBALLS

Is the chick you work with good looking? Get her to invite you over to try it out. If you're lucky, you'll get to try MAG and get laid.

ckc might be jumping into mag any suggestions on a class that might suit us????????
[/url]
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 7:01pm

i thought about that but her boy friend stays with her so thats a straight-up cokk block there
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 8:56am
Originally posted by CKC_TRIPHOP

ckc might be jumping into mag any suggestions on a class that might suit us????????
I went Valor because it's the american team. Raven and SVER have some cool weapons though. Check all of them out.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 8:56am

i thought about that but her boy friend stays with her so thats a straight-up cokk block there
You don't mow another man's lawn.
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 10:27am
got it today.....and i'll be putting it in the first time tonight
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 11:10am

Yeah, it's wise. You need to level up and get points to get better weapons and skills to earn more points to get even better weapons and even better skills and so on and so on.
surfacing8671 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote surfacing8671 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 11:21am
Oh snap i got my copy last night!!!!! SEVER all the way

Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Deadaim

DA, I think there might be some aspects to MAG that would appeal to you.
1-There are no weapons you can "spam" with.
     -You only get two grenades per loadout. So, you try to use them when you know you are going to get some kills.
     -The rocket launcher is like a screen-door on a submarine, totally useless. I have shot people point blank with it and stood in awe as they walked up and knifed me.
2-Vehicles play such a limited role in this game.
     -There are no vehicles in Sabotage (the mode I play primarily).
3-No "power-ups" -Nobody is going to deny an awesome kill because they got the shield belt.
I'm one of the worst fraggers in the history of UT3. I have carried that title over to MAG. It isn't stopping me from having a good time. -Except when Incremental yells at me. Then, I cry into one of the pillows on my couch between matches.
I hope you get it.
Cheers.
aceoblivion View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 12:26pm
I went Valor because that's where the VAG is at. Having a great time playing with VAG, it's so warm and moist, you can just feel the love. Oh, and when your dying, you can watch WOPR coming.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>