| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > MAG > MAG Clan Base (All Factions) > Team VAG General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Attention ALL VAG Members:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attention ALL VAG Members:
    Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 5:44pm
There is a private section up. I posted something about getting started in MAG. I want you all to read it and post below it so I know you have read it. I just wanna make sure everyone is on the same page. If u have any questions post them and Ill answer them. This aint to much to ask.

Thanks, Inc...
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
aceoblivion View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 12:30pm
I'm ready to move up to the next game mode, getting tired of sabotage all the time. Acquisition is just like sabotage but the objectives are vehicles and have to be driven back to your base. There's two vehicles to defend. They have to open the garage then get into the vehicle, so you hang out around the garage and defend it, if you have mines put them down in front of the garage, if you have anti-tank mines, put them down in front of the garage so when they drive out, BOOM. You can also use a rocket launcher to take out the vehicles. There's vehicles available on our side but I don't know anything about them, the one game I played, Cokkenballs found a vehicle and drove to their side of the map. I saw APC's coming to our side and the enemy was spawning around it. So let's move on to a new mode and learn it before moving on to Domination. This game will get old real quick if I keep playing Sabotage.
Buzzin Fr0g View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Buzzin Fr0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 1:34pm
Real men play acquisition and domination.  Sabo is fun but to be played when you've only got a few people to group with (or, as has been the case recently, you've got a shot at a contract). 
Got Pwned?

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by aceoblivion

I'm ready to move up to the next game mode, getting tired of sabotage all the time. Acquisition is just like sabotage but the objectives are vehicles and have to be driven back to your base. There's two vehicles to defend. They have to open the garage then get into the vehicle, so you hang out around the garage and defend it, if you have mines put them down in front of the garage, if you have anti-tank mines, put them down in front of the garage so when they drive out, BOOM. You can also use a rocket launcher to take out the vehicles. There's vehicles available on our side but I don't know anything about them, the one game I played, Cokkenballs found a vehicle and drove to their side of the map. I saw APC's coming to our side and the enemy was spawning around it. So let's move on to a new mode and learn it before moving on to Domination. This game will get old real quick if I keep playing Sabotage.
Sounds good. Let's do it.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 1:55pm
The way I see it, if your attacking on acquisition you can keep your loadout from sabotage, but if I'm defending, I'm going to change mine to anti-tank mines to put down in front of the garages and a lock-on rocket launchers in case they get by the mines or they don't kill them completely.
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 2:08pm
I played Domination for the second time ever last night. First time was during Beta.
Its crazy!!! but fun crazy.

I definetly would like to play all modes too ... Im still having fun w Sabotage but dont want to ignore the rest of the game  
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 2:19pm

The way I see it, if your attacking on acquisition you can keep your loadout from sabotage, but if I'm defending, I'm going to change mine to anti-tank mines to put down in front of the garages and a lock-on rocket launchers in case they get by the mines or they don't kill them completely.
Well until I buy those items I'll have to stick to killing people and repairing stuff.
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Buzzin Fr0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 4:21pm

And a repair kit, which is the most crucial tool for acquisition on defense.
Got Pwned?

Team oOPS
Team oOPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Buzzin Fr0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 4:23pm
My clan has been focusing most of our efforts on Acquisition since we're getting hammered in that mode and it's the only one we're missing a contract in.   We're starting to branch out into Domination and scored multiple Major Victories in the mode yesterday.  
Got Pwned?

Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 12:31pm
Bain and I played acquisition and domination for awhile last night, learned alot, it's definitely where the action is. I can see why Zipper keeps calling Sabotage the kiddie pool. It was fun though once you get the hang of where your attacking or defending and just keep moving up. There's still only two objectives to get just like sabotage, then you move up to 2 more on domination, then there's 2 more. Everyone playing Sabotage all the time needs to move up to the big leagues.
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 1:00pm
Well let me ride y'alls coat tails in a few matches, cause I am still a little lost in these modes
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 1:05pm

Bain and I played acquisition and domination for awhile last night, learned alot, it's definitely where the action is. I can see why Zipper keeps calling Sabotage the kiddie pool. It was fun though once you get the hang of where your attacking or defending and just keep moving up. There's still only two objectives to get just like sabotage, then you move up to 2 more on domination, then there's 2 more. Everyone playing Sabotage all the time needs to move up to the big leagues.
i like sabotage cause i dont die by a random f***in explosion by their platoon leader or squad leader w.e those mortar strikes and **** is annoying lol
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by GOW_KillinUGood

Well let me ride y'alls coat tails in a few matches, cause I am still a little lost in these modes
You're more than welcome to join us. I'll add you on the PSN tonite. We're still learning too. We had a couple of cool platoon and squad leaders last night who taught us a few things. 
You will probably need two different loadouts. An offensive one (you can probably use your Sabo loadout) and a defensive one with a repair kit. On defense it's very important to keep the bunker, anti-aircraft and gates repaired. The bunker gives you a spawn point near the front lines and you can also replenish your health by entering it. The AA battery keeps bombers away and also keeps enemy soldiers from parachuting behind your lines. The gates keep enemy vehicles out and stolen vehicles in. On offense it is important to destroy those that belong to the enemy for the same reasons.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

i like sabotage cause i dont die by a random f***in explosion by their platoon leader or squad leader w.e those mortar strikes and **** is annoying lol
As long as your AA guns are up, they can't call in anything. The game also gives you a warning when a bomber is on the way, all you have to do is get under cover. I didn't die once from any type of plane attack. On offense, you can go take out their morters, bunkers, motor pools, roadblocks, and several other items.  Your just to worried about your kill to death ratio to enjoy the rest of the game.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by BAIN

Originally posted by GOW_KillinUGood

You're more than welcome to join us. I'll add you on the PSN tonite. We're still learning too. We had a couple of cool platoon and squad leaders last night who taught us a few things. 
You will probably need two different loadouts. An offensive one (you can probably use your Sabo loadout) and a defensive one with a repair kit. On defense it's very important to keep the bunker, anti-aircraft and gates repaired. The bunker gives you a spawn point near the front lines and you can also replenish your health by entering it. The AA battery keeps bombers away and also keeps enemy soldiers from parachuting behind your lines. The gates keep enemy vehicles out and stolen vehicles in. On offense it is important to destroy those that belong to the enemy for the same reasons.
Nice Bain, you learned alot in one night.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 4:12pm
I forgot one more thing. Keep your mortar battery repaired. You can drop shells on the enemy at your gate, bunker and AA battery. Last night our squad leader was dropping shells on the neighboring squad's bunker that was under attack.
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 4:53pm

Originally posted by ReverendCrow

As long as your AA guns are up, they can't call in anything. The game also gives you a warning when a bomber is on the way, all you have to do is get under cover. I didn't die once from any type of plane attack. On offense, you can go take out their morters, bunkers, motor pools, roadblocks, and several other items.  Your just to worried about your kill to death ratio to enjoy the rest of the game.
what does my kd/r have anything to do with why i dont enjoy domination right now? youve never played domination with me my kd/r is the same as it would be on sabotage i just hate the random deaths by strikes especially when your inebriated like me half the time you get your screen shaking its most definately not good
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 11:26am

Lol Ace, you say big leagues but hell you haven't even mastered the minor league Sabotage. Don't get me wrong ill play any mode with you guys and with a lil time like always ill be up on MVP. You could say warfare in UT3 is big leagues to, but to me its a ****ty part of UT3 that should have never made it on the game. I enjoy Sabotage so that's why I play it but I guess I can go play domination cause in fact there's just another 96 noobs more on a team I get to own. So if you guys wanna mix up the games tonight I suppose that's fine.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 11:27am
BTW, ill be updating the roster later on tonight. Sorry if I aint got you on our roster list yet.
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 11:35am
Originally posted by INCReMENTAL

Lol Ace, you say big leagues but hell you haven't even mastered the minor league Sabotage. Don't get me wrong ill play any mode with you guys and with a lil time like always ill be up on MVP. You could say warfare in UT3 is big leagues to, but to me its a ****ty part of UT3 that should have never made it on the game. I enjoy Sabotage so that's why I play it but I guess I can go play domination cause in fact there's just another 96 noobs more on a team I get to own. So if you guys wanna mix up the games tonight I suppose that's fine.
Sabotage is the kiddie pool. "heal me!" "I heal everyone!" "You shouldn't be MVP, I had more kills." "All you ever do is heal people for points." "Nobody ever heals me." There's lots of whining coming from the kiddie pool. CryBig smileCry
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 11:54am
Originally posted by COKKENBALLS

Sabotage is the kiddie pool. "heal me!" "I heal everyone!" "You shouldn't be MVP, I had more kills." "All you ever do is heal people for points." "Nobody ever heals me." There's lots of whining coming from the kiddie pool. CryBig smileCry

Lol so what ur saying is you have to actually do something besides healing in Domination to be MVP vs Sabotage.
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 11:58am

Originally posted by COKKENBALLS

Lol so what ur saying is you have to actually do something besides healing in Domination to be MVP vs Sabotage.
I've played Domination a few times and Acquisition even less. For me, I have to suck less in order to get MVP in any mode. I generally try to follow one of the better players around and heal them when they need it and kill when I have a clear shot at someone's back. Either way, I'm just growing tired of sabotage. I'd like to give the other modes a shot before resigning myself to playing sabotage only.
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 12:39pm
That's cool cokkenballs and as a group that's what we'll do, we should just mix the games up u know, do a domination, then sabo, then accu over and over and stuff. I understand where u guys r coming from.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 2:16pm

BTW, ill be updating the roster later on tonight. Sorry if I aint got you on our roster list yet.
Who's not on?
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 11:31am
im going to have to give bain the mongolian chilidog surprise
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>