FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MAG - UT3 Roster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MAG - UT3 Roster
    Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 2:26am
I'm in SVER.  Fear my noob machine gun!
iAM_KayoticKilla View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Father of 3

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_KayoticKilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 4:54am
I'm Rollin wit Valor!!!
iAM_Dedicated, iAM_Dependable, iAM_Dynamic: I Am KayoticKilla
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 1:33pm
i'm in, i'm in, i'm in a state of confusion! Played it 4 1 game where I was in a squad defending locations A,B,C. I joined Valor though SVER seemed more seductive but I need help - 3 kills to 8-9 deaths.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

i'm in, i'm in, i'm in a state of confusion! Played it 4 1 game where I was in a squad defending locations A,B,C. I joined Valor though SVER seemed more seductive but I need help - 3 kills to 8-9 deaths.
Don't sweat the kill/death ratio. I'm upside down on my kill/death ratio. As long as I'm helping the team by healing, I'm scoring a respectable amount of points. Once I decided on a weapon and stuck with it, my kill/death has slowly gotten better.
My #1 tip that I learned form Inc and Crow, heal first, shoot 2nd. It's always easier to kill if you have help. So, when you jump into an objective, don't be hell bent on securing it. Heal anybody that may be laying there so they can watch your back while you bring up the objective.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 1:55pm
LOL. Just stay with it. You'll catch on. You were playing Sabotage. One platoon (32) defends and one platoon (32) attacks. Two squads of 8 players each defend A and two squads of 8 players each defend B. The same amount attack each. The attackers must capture and hold both A and B for 30 seconds at the same time. If they do then that unlocks C. All 32 attack and all 32 defend C. If they capture and hold C, they win.
You'll need to level up by gaining experience points and spend them on better equipment. The first 4 experience points should be spent on a med kit (2) and a resuscitation kit (2). That way you can get 10 xp points each time you save a buddy. You'll level up faster that way.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 1:57pm
got a 54k/8d game yesterday defending in Sabo...woooo good times good times lol
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by COKKENBALLS

My #1 tip that I learned form Inc and Crow, heal first, shoot 2nd. It's always easier to kill if you have help. So, when you jump into an objective, don't be hell bent on securing it. Heal anybody that may be laying there so they can watch your back while you bring up the objective.
this is the most important thing that everyone seems to forget (not you guys but every other random player in the game) it's all about numbers the good thing about having your med kit out in a close quarter area (like ravens objectives and svers) you are still able to knife without a problem so its pretty much heal whoever knife an enemy if you think you cant get your gun out fast enough switch to your gun and fire

even if the objective is clear and you are the only one there its always best to still revive someone (if someone is down at the objective) mainly because when you are takin it over anyone can knife you in the back this way ull have protection which will then allow team mates to rush up there with you and help you hold it down
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

this is the most important thing that everyone seems to forget (not you guys but every other random player in the game) it's all about numbers the good thing about having your med kit out in a close quarter area (like ravens objectives and svers) you are still able to knife without a problem so its pretty much heal whoever knife an enemy if you think you cant get your gun out fast enough switch to your gun and fire

even if the objective is clear and you are the only one there its always best to still revive someone (if someone is down at the objective) mainly because when you are takin it over anyone can knife you in the back this way ull have protection which will then allow team mates to rush up there with you and help you hold it down
OK so if im correct you dont die outright u bleed out but need a medic to heal u otherwise death and respawn? And from what Bain says (tnx m8 for info btw) I need to rank up and gain XP points to upgrade to medi kit etc? Also can u administer first aid on urself when bleeding out or is that a stoopid question??
I woulda preferred it if u could customise the controller altogether not simply use presets as I shoot using triggers but all I do is change weapons - hate being a n00b!
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 4:59am
Seeing how the roster is on this site, I can see why matches against Raven are few and far between.  As a SVER guy, I didn't see a single match against them, only Valor and ourselves (in the Suppression one or whatever).  Anyhow, so far, I've got  26 or so kills.. and 75+ deaths.  After trying out the sniper (had one headshot in Suppression.. against at least 10 headshot deaths), I've officially decided to just be another cannon fodder noob with a machine gun.  I started getting more kills (let alone more than one before I die) once I realized that I didn't have to zoom in every time.  I need to start talking, but I've only seen one or two matches with more than three players on my squad talking and I have the slightest idea of what to say, considering I can't heal anyone but myself.  I so want that revival thing asap.
GrecoISU View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote GrecoISU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 9:01am
Play with a clan when at all possible.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 10:43am
Trinity: You can heal yourself if your not mortally wounded laying on the ground. Once your health gets to zero and you drop then it's up to a medic to revive you. They will get you back to 50% health unless they have advanced resuscitation. Then they will get you back to 100% (120% if you buy the extra health in the armory).

Silver: Start reviving people and get 10 xp points each (20 if your near the frago). By then you should have found the weapon that best suites you. Start upgrading it with scopes, foregrips. faster reload and more stability. 
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 1:15pm
I intend on doing the earlier thing as soon as I can.  After all, I've had a few people revive me already, even if it was in vain. (One time, I was revived two or three times, only to die again and again and again, before finally fully dying.  Damn it!  It's not like wasn't trying to retreat around the corner to heal myself further.)  Btw.. is there any faster way to switch the heal thing.  The first thing that keeps coming up when I switch to gadgets or whatever is the grenade, which I accidentally used once, trying to quickly switch to the heal gun?  Luckily, I didn't any teammates or myself.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 1:56pm
Yeah. Go to the equipment slot on the right and select nothing. Then go to the slot on the left and select the med healer. then go back to the right slot and select your grenades. your med will come up first then. You'll need to do this in each loadout. You'll also want to buy advanced grenades sometime soon. you can throw them really far with this.
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 10:08pm
I just got my copy of MAG today...Which is the group that looks like terrorists? Sign me up for that group.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 10:58pm
Well, Raven's all semi-futuristic looking, so they're a definite no.  Valor looks more like the army, so that's probably a no, so umm.. SVER?  Btw.. the one thing I can't stand about SVER's look is those f***in' hoody-like clothes for one loadout.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Do_Or_Die_420

I just got my copy of MAG today...Which is the group that looks like terrorists? Sign me up for that group.
Aw man, why would you want to go that route? Come and join Valor. 75% of the fun in the game is playing with friends.
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 12:34am

Aw man, why would you want to go that route? Come and join Valor. 75% of the fun in the game is playing with friends.

Lol, What is the other 25%?  I'll probably just create 3 fake pSn accounts & try each group out & see which one i like best...What is the hype with Valor?  I just hope my ps3 reads discs long enough too give MAG a chance..
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 7:48am

Lol, What is the other 25%?  I'll probably just create 3 fake pSn accounts & try each group out & see which one i like best...What is the hype with Valor?  I just hope my ps3 reads discs long enough too give MAG a chance..
Maybe it would just be better to have Bum watching my back than me having to watch my back for Bum.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 11:24am
Damn this sucks!  I was planning on actually talking through my headset and.. it got broken.  It's now useless because the TV already takes care of it's only use now. (I can hear, but not talk.  The metal piece things got broken when the connection thing got twisted out of the USB port.)  I think I'm going to get a bluetooth/ wireless one now, since it being a wired one is exactly what led to it officially becoming useless.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 11:32am
Originally posted by SilverJ-17

Damn this sucks!  I was planning on actually talking through my headset and.. it got broken.  It's now useless because the TV already takes care of it's only use now. (I can hear, but not talk.  The metal piece things got broken when the connection thing got twisted out of the USB port.)  I think I'm going to get a bluetooth/ wireless one now, since it being a wired one is exactly what led to it officially becoming useless.
I've got two cheap Jabras from Amazon for about $12.99 each I think.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 3:06pm
Well, headset or not, I went back to MAG yesterday and got up to level 7 (almost 8).  I started going up quickly once I got reviving kit and I had my first match where I actually had more kills than deaths, when SVER was defending against Valor.  They only got B once btw and every attempt to take A failed.  Then again, we (SVER) failed miserably against the Raven guys in Acquisition.  I mean, we destroyed their weapons things and got to their vehicles, buy my team couldn't get them out.  One time, they even used one of theirs to barricade one of the ones we were taking.  Either way, I finally got to see what the group I was originally going to join was like and destroyed one of their vehicles.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 3:26pm

Silver, If there is anything I have learned from playing with WOP, Stincremental and PastorParakeet, it's that I am not skilled enough to go cowboy and try to get the objective myself. Go for it in at least pairs, when you get up there, look for fallen soldiers and revive them. Then, you have more #'s to attack/defend with. When you enter the room, check the corners behind you. There is ALWAYS someone standing on those crates, waiting to take your head off.

Then, if you are feeling saucy, randomly start a vote to kick Incremental and enjoy listening to him call everyone names and threaten to knife you. Tongue
GrecoISU View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote GrecoISU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 5:07pm
I just hit 60, you can throw a star by my name : )
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 5:57pm
grats honor
GrecoISU View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote GrecoISU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 5:04pm
So what's the plan?  Are we waiting on that slow poke PenisandTesties?  I know TwoHot vetted to SVER.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>