Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > Battlefield 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

BFBC 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BFBC 2
    Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 1:16pm
Finally downloaded the huge demo and first impressions were that it was a little tacky and not overly impressed. When I get some more time I am going to go through it properly and try not to compare it to MW2.

What I liked was that you have vehicles, I love arming charges (similar to S&D in MW2 but with more lives) and I liked some of the accessories you have... especially as a medic.

Dislike, it felt a little grainy, graphics were poo, gameplay was slow, you can't create your own classes and sadly it appears as though there will be no clan support (again).

I loved the original battlefield, I totally stopped playing ut3 for that ages ago until I could no longer connect to the EA servers :( however I am far from convinced by this atm.

I'm definately going to give it another chance and I hope I find more things that I like and enjoy about this game.

Anyone got any useful info about how to play? I'd like to hear it.
Buzzin Fr0g View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Buzzin Fr0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 1:57pm
Only 24 players.  BF has been on the slide since BF2 launched.  
Got Pwned?

Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 2:00pm
hey buzzin...

What do you mean only 24 players?

SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 3:02pm
I personally believe it is amazing.  Ive seen enough of MW2 and personally like BC2.  I think MW2 is too gimmicky.  And as far as graphics go, when comparing it to MW2, i think they are alot better.  
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

I personally believe it is amazing.  Ive seen enough of MW2 and personally like BC2.  I think MW2 is too gimmicky.  And as far as graphics go, when comparing it to MW2, i think they are alot better.  

Have you seen something else? The graphics on the demo are horrible, not even close to the first game. I didn't realise u had got mw2, should have played some games together. I love these kinda shooting games...

Man I miss deconstruction... that level was pure carnage.

Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Danjel8

Have you seen something else? The graphics on the demo are horrible, not even close to the first game. I didn't realise u had got mw2, should have played some games together. I love these kinda shooting games...

Nope, but my two roomates (flatmates) have MW2 and i seen HOURS of gameplay.  Im not trying to argue any points, but even my hardcore MW2 roomates say BC2 looks graphically superior to MW2 and we all agree that its pretty damn intense.  I think also, that BC mulitplayer graphics arent on par with the Single Player graphics, but I could be wrong.  As a matter of fact, i put a few hours into BC1 last night, i do think the Mulitplayer Graphics arent as good as BC2 graphics, and its much easier to play.  Just my opinion.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 3:39pm
Not a fan personally, I deleted the demo not long after downloading it in the first place. Not my thing, maybe I didn't give it enough time.. I had no idea what was going on half the time. Wasn't impressed by the graphics / general gunplay though.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 3:39pm

Nope, but my two roomates (flatmates) have MW2 and i seen HOURS of gameplay.  Im not trying to argue any points, but even my hardcore MW2 roomates say BC2 looks graphically superior to MW2 and we all agree that its pretty damn intense.  I think also, that BC mulitplayer graphics arent on par with the Single Player graphics, but I could be wrong.  As a matter of fact, i put a few hours into BC1 last night, i do think the Mulitplayer Graphics arent as good as BC2 graphics, and its much easier to play.  Just my opinion.

hmmm really not convinced... I think MW2 is way ahead. Quite suprised you actually think otherwise, I just thought the nasty graphics were because it was a demo. Maybe the EU demo is different.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 3:48pm

hmmm really not convinced... I think MW2 is way ahead. Quite suprised you actually think otherwise, I just thought the nasty graphics were because it was a demo. Maybe the EU demo is different.
Well, not trying to sound like a d1ck but i didnt buy into the MW2 hype (not saying you did) but i had a good unbiased opinion (didnt care either way about the game) and had a good enough look at the game to know.  The BC2 graphics look a little grainy, but MW2 looks weird, even the camera panning is wierd to me.  I also think the the UAV and all the air support in DM is hella too gimmicky for me.  At least in BC2 when you use a helicopter or a UAV, you actually use it, its not some automated cheap kill because you got a kill streak.  But i do validate your opinion, and I believe MW2 is better than KZ2. 
KingKesi View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote KingKesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 12:41pm
I think the demo is great.  Not sure about the graphics being better than MW2 though..I'll have to look again.  The gameplay is definitely slower but still enjoyable.  The destructable environments are awesome as well.  Shooting down trees, destroying buildings, etc is much more realistic than what you'll see in most other shooters.  I think a lot of people are going in expecting it to be/play like MW2.  If people want MW2 gameplay/features, then play MW2..lol. 

Who's getting this and for what system?  I got my MW2 on 360 so I'm thinking of switching it up and getting this on PS3.

XBL: I Am Osirus
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by KingKesi

I think the demo is great.  Not sure about the graphics being better than MW2 though..I'll have to look again.  The gameplay is definitely slower but still enjoyable.  The destructable environments are awesome as well.  Shooting down trees, destroying buildings, etc is much more realistic than what you'll see in most other shooters.  I think a lot of people are going in expecting it to be/play like MW2.  If people want MW2 gameplay/features, then play MW2..lol. 

Who's getting this and for what system?  I got my MW2 on 360 so I'm thinking of switching it up and getting this on PS3.

I agree...

I can't believe I forgot about destroying walls etc. I think generating you own landscape was one of the things that really made me fall in love with BFBC.

It is slower and I kinda didn't like that. Defo get MW2 on ps3, I know what lunchy is saying about UAV etc... but its just part of the game. UAV's exist in real life though, so does thermal etc...

I think both games have certain factors which are 'gimmicky' they are bound to... coz they are both games.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 1:55am
Every one needs to support this game.  Sure, you dont see advertisment every where for this game, but i can assure you, if you give it the proper chance, it will be the best FPS out right now.  Why should i support this you ask?   Well, when people starting supporting a game that is really good, it makes the other companies re think how to make games.  So, if you want better games in the future, then buy a great game, and force other companies to nut up, or shut up.
Coke_Man24 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Coke_Man24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 12:49pm

Every one needs to support this game.  Sure, you dont see advertisment every where for this game, but i can assure you, if you give it the proper chance, it will be the best FPS out right now.  Why should i support this you ask?   Well, when people starting supporting a game that is really good, it makes the other companies re think how to make games.  So, if you want better games in the future, then buy a great game, and force other companies to nut up, or shut up.

I've been saying this for years lol and yes support this game cause it is an awesome game
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Coke_Man24

I've been saying this for years lol and yes support this game cause it is an awesome game
When does the beta end?
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

Originally posted by Coke_Man24

When does the beta end?
The Demo ends in like a week.
aceoblivion View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 5:48am
This game is awesome. Played for hours tonight. Best online game I've ever seen or heard of. The way it shoots, the way you spawn, the gear you unlock as you play, to the way you can destroy everything in the game, you can bring down the buildings or bring down all the trees so there won't be any cover for the enemy, all incredible. Several maps, and that's just in the one mode I played all night. The maps are huge. I'll probably be trading in MAG when I pick up FFXIII next week because I can't go back to that game defending the same map over and over. There's 8 maps to defend in the one mode I played, and there's already more coming. All 8 maps are beautifull. The graphics are incredible.  BFBC2 puts MAG to shame. And each game alternates, you never attack twice in a row or defend twice in a row.  Also, the players that have played the campaign say it's very good also. This game got a 9.5/10 from gameinformer.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 7:25am
Its easily a MW2 killer.
i_Own_U View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote i_Own_U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 7:41am

Have you seen something else? The graphics on the demo are horrible, not even close to the first game. I didn't realise u had got mw2, should have played some games together. I love these kinda shooting games... Man I miss deconstruction... that level was pure carnage.
every game mag even game stores say bc2 blows cod away thats what people from inside the industry say! won more rewards than cod already! campers love cod n campers hate bc2!
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 9:24am
Yea, BC2 destroys MW2 in virtually every aspect. The only things that MW2 could have over it, are weapon variations, and user friendly in the sense that, even if your not the greatest FPS player, you can get 3 kills and get a kill streak award. However, neither apply to me.
KingKesi View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote KingKesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 12:00pm
The game is the definitely the truth.  Anyone who wants to play on Ps3, add me (KingKesi)

XBL: I Am Osirus
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 12:26pm
You can't camp in BFBC2. If your hanging out in the objective waiting on them to come to you, they'll bring the building down around you with vehichles, C4, or RPG. I'll send you a friend request KingKesi, Lunchy and I will be playing this one for a long time. I never really looked at the weapons in MW2, but I've got several options for weapons already as a medic in this game. I'm starting to unlock assault rifles to use instead of LMGs. I've probably unlocked over 10 weapons just for the medic. Haven't even tried other classes yet because I'm a ninja medic.
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 2:47pm
I called Gamestop to see about trading in MAG after playing BFBC2, he said he's being overrun with copies of MAG because of this game, everyone's saying they'll never put MAG back in to play after playing this game.
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 3:39pm
maybe if i buy this i can finally get to play with lunchy again
shine on you crazy diamond
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 4:49pm
Bad Company 2 is sweet on PC.  It has over 4000 servers! <3  Man I can't wait to buy this!

Btw Battlefield>Call of Duty by a ton.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
Team TRU
Team TRU

Post Options Post Options   Quote aceoblivion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Tr(A)1nWr(E)cK

maybe if i buy this i can finally get to play with lunchy again
Get it trainwreck, we'll be playing this all the time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>