Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General > Quake Live
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Quakelive - 1 year Anniversery?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
[qM]
[qM]

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quakelive - 1 year Anniversery?
    Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 1:44pm

So ive been playing quakelive for a little under a year and a half now.. but the open beta opened on 2/24/2009.. so its been 1 year of open beta.. which can be viewed as a good or bad thing.

personally i think its a good thing.. but i am really hoping they take the "beta" tag off the game tommorow and have a big update..

as everyone knows whos played quakelive.. theres no cost, and no user hosted matches.. which is kind of nice to not have to pay, and be provided with free servers.. one thing alot of people are waiting for though is the premier accounts that should come out at the same time as the official release of quakelive.. this would cost a small fee.. anywhere from 5-10 dollars a month but what it allows is for the user to have access to his own personal server for clan matches, smaller games, practices, scrims, etc.. i think once this finally comes out the game will be amazing.

as it is right now its the most fun ive had in years, and the gameplay is top notch.. but thats with having to deal with alot of lame-o's.. and also its a pain in the ass getting priv servers for scrims.. clan matches ussually isnt a problem but you pretty much gotta suck the ggl/id/whoever guys off to get one for a scrim.. the ability to make a 2v2 ctf or tdm game whenever i want would be priceless.

so long story short.. im hoping the game goes official tommorow.. im hoping premier accts are activated... and i would also love to see some new maps.. about 6 months ago they added 6 new maps for free (yea on consoles that would of cost ya 10 bucks) so a new batch of maps would kick ass.

anyhow heres to hoping quakelive goes live.. soon!
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 5:16pm

quakelive is down for an update.. cross ya fingas :)

Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 5:21pm
i heard they're adding the flakcannon :o
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2010 at 5:54pm

heh.. idk i'd feel about any new weapons.. not that they would add any but i probably wouldnt want them anyhow. certaintly not a flak cannon lol

the newest weapons ive seen in quake are the mine gun, and a mini gun.. both of which pretty much suck, they need to bring back the super nail gun !
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 5:03pm
for anyone that cares.. i was pretty close with my guess.. basically they are celebrating the one year anniversery.. they are calling it Year One.. sort of promising quakelive will be around for years.

no premier accts yet, but they released a new map called fallout bunker for ctf.. pretty good but no Lightning gun ! :(
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 5:08pm
Damn no lightning gun I get 50 percent accuracy with that badass weapon!
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 5:18pm
lightning gun is truly a fun and powerful weapon.

off topic: my top 5 weapons in FPS games:

1.quake 1/3/4/live Lightning Gun
2.quake 1/3/4/live Rocket launcher (not quake2's tho)
3.Painkiller Stake Gun
4.UT shock rifle
5.quake 3/4/live Railgun

honorable mention: quake 4 plasma gun
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 7:02pm
Shock Rifle pwns all other weapons!  :D
not that i'm any good with it, but damn is it pritty! Embarrassed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 10:20pm
http://quake-live.tv/live.php

some live stream ctf action. just  warmed up with LQ on ctf7.. i believe they have a match tonight on here
 Post Reply Post Reply