| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

old heads vs new faces

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: old heads vs new faces
    Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Drokun

Originally posted by AK-47-D-MAFIA

Originally posted by Ether404

so what is the complete list of teams and players of the old school gen?  so far all i remember is:
GOW
tWC
NRG
Blackcats
SMP
qM
BioFreaks
DK
T-H-E 
FnA (courtesy of Worm)
tRi (courtesy of Worm)
QcP (courtesy of Worm)
and who?
i'm trying to remember all the players on each team.  we should make list of all the teams in a section so we can have time to reminisce...man those were the days....

T-H-E isnt that old, AK-47 , MEGA, ckc, DIABLO, X styles, I87, RAGE, Forceof, tOp etc..... were older than T-H-E.... but they had a beasty vctf nd warfare team tho

tOp was after 360 launch
some other names i remember seeing (mainly on forums etc) were FEAR, ForceOf, RageOf (or something similar), Aphex, and some Eu teams that didnt really keep playing are RNX, a couple of DvS members, i think SB, Ei played like 3 matches before disbanding due to inactivity lol, uhh.. im sure theres plenty more. They moved with the next new release though.. RNX is the only one worth mentioning i suppose, and even there none of their members still play

also Fatal Elite, and ICE???  O:  no one mentioned them yet wtf  XD
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Penguin

tRi (courtesy of Worm)

Dameik

Ace111 (tOp)

PaWwEeZy (qM)

DarkAssassin17 ?

Bullet_19

Jrawizzle

Go_DeaD

ewokk

Xerxes91

ColossusSlayer (uN)

RockLeePenguin (KoZ)

Black_star

Drokun (uN)

XKaL1buR (FnA)

Maiden01

I don't think I missed anybody?  I think some other people passed through but didn't last that long  >_>  

what about blind21? lol
and that SLOSH guy

i never really played with either
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 9:44am
Goddamnit  ;-;   I really didnt wanna miss anyone....but yeah I never really played with them either.
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 5:08pm

O.O from the looks of it this teams was the shlt back in the day n but us noobys know new tricks 2 tho n i think that yall old dogs cant learn them lol jk but realy no team stacking LMAO...i nneed the list of clan names that would fit under the nooby's list

Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by RemY

i didnt begin playing ut3 untill a couple months of the 360's release of ut3. so im considered new? lol...

i thought you made the switch after the GB 1v1 tournament? that was like mid january 09 lol
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 5:27pm
i didnt make the switch untill sometime in june 09. but my 1st ut3 game was on the 360 a couple months after the release.
QwEsT View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote QwEsT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Aquaknot

Originally posted by DEVIL_Dragov

NrG or SmP vs CbS ?
The NRG and SMP that still play UT3 occasionally are
  • SMP: Arkos (now in A-R)
  • SMP: DoD (now in A-R)
  • SMP: Rivers (now in A-R)
  • SMP: Aquaknot (now in A-R)
  • SMP: Ghost (now in iAM)
  • SMP: Two_Fase (now in iAM)
  • SMP: TX2k7 (now in KmA)
  • SMP: xplorer2233 (if you can call that playing - looks smore like a siezure) (now in iAM)
  • NRG: Chris (now in A-R)
  • NRG: Bio (now in A-R)
  • NRG: Bab (now in A-R)
I haven't played that much recently.  These are the names that stood out over the past 3 months.  If I missed one of my old clanmates, sorry about my frail memory.  My list doesn't include any if the iAM guys that came onboard after SMP was "re-branded".

Play that line-up in UT3 and you will have something to write in your journal.

good thing u didnt put me i havent played ut3 in 4+ months
PSN: qwest4victory    A-R_l2eQwEsT
XBL: ViTuHMiN C
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 6:02pm
Old skool = pre iAMgaming imo and new skool post site. Missing from the list are ReC who along with GoW and tWc were prominent in the mode for a long time. Also for the record some DEVIL boys (founders) were SOULDARK - they were the biggest EU clan on PS3 b4 this site was up. PcX, 420, BAK, Heavenly were also pre-iAMgaming. 
And finally...I don't think there are many new clans, maybe Legend and oOps (by definition) cos they dont contain elements of old skool players sorry if ive missed some but I dont play much at all now. U guys could def challenge cos of the state of play now but b4 idk, it was much more competitive. But it doesnt mean that u arent talented. If u can hold your own in UT and NOT act like a tvvat u have my respect.
This version launched in EU around mid-March 2008 so for us its not even 2 years old. Imo you still have to go some way to beat this game but its a pity that not many ppl play any more - a year ago I couldn't put this game down. 
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Old skool = pre iAMgaming imo and new skool post site. Missing from the list are ReC who along with GoW and tWc were prominent in the mode for a long time. Also for the record some DEVIL boys (founders) were SOULDARK - they were the biggest EU clan on PS3 b4 this site was up. PcX, 420, BAK, Heavenly were also pre-iAMgaming. 
And finally...I don't think there are many new clans, maybe Legend and oOps (by definition) cos they dont contain elements of old skool players sorry if ive missed some but I dont play much at all now. U guys could def challenge cos of the state of play now but b4 idk, it was much more competitive. But it doesnt mean that u arent talented. If u can hold your own in UT and NOT act like a tvvat u have my respect.
This version launched in EU around mid-March 2008 so for us its not even 2 years old. Imo you still have to go some way to beat this game but its a pity that not many ppl play any more - a year ago I couldn't put this game down. 

us 360 players aren't new or atleast smokinpot and i arent. we've been playing since the release on 360 and played with ps3 teams such as FnA, uP (qM), tRi, and t0p. i miss the amount of competition ut3 had a year and a half ago (on the 360). since when did the ps3 version become so dead?
- Best Coast

Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

us 360 players aren't new or atleast smokinpot and i arent. we've been playing since the release on 360 and played with ps3 teams such as FnA, uP (qM), tRi, and t0p. i miss the amount of competition ut3 had a year and a half ago (on the 360). since when did the ps3 version become so dead?
yea i missed those good old days when i heard it was alot more than this players just wish i wasnt playing the same ppl everytime i play vctf....i got this game n i came online around last sept.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 11:45pm
I just realized something.  I'm actually kind of old school myself, even if I was fairly inactive and only played DM when I originally got PS3 AND UT3 back in April '08 and.. I doubt I'd make much of a difference anyways.  I still suck.  Well, at least I can win a DM every now and then.  I remember almost always being dead last or within 2 or 3 spots of it.  Oh, and I didn't jump much.
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 11:40am
Originally posted by QwEsT

Originally posted by Aquaknot

Originally posted by DEVIL_Dragov

NrG or SmP vs CbS ?
The NRG and SMP that still play UT3 occasionally are
  • SMP: Arkos (now in A-R)
  • SMP: DoD (now in A-R)
  • SMP: Rivers (now in A-R)
  • SMP: Aquaknot (now in A-R)
  • SMP: Ghost (now in iAM)
  • SMP: Two_Fase (now in iAM)
  • SMP: TX2k7 (now in KmA)
  • SMP: xplorer2233 (if you can call that playing - looks smore like a siezure) (now in iAM)
  • NRG: Chris (now in A-R)
  • NRG: Bio (now in A-R)
  • NRG: Bab (now in A-R)
I haven't played that much recently.  These are the names that stood out over the past 3 months.  If I missed one of my old clanmates, sorry about my frail memory.  My list doesn't include any if the iAM guys that came onboard after SMP was "re-branded".

Play that line-up in UT3 and you will have something to write in your journal.

good thing u didnt put me i havent played ut3 in 4+ months
Yes, don't forget Qwest for Victory, he is an old school player who started out in NRG.Smile
TheSeph View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheSeph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Drokun

Originally posted by Penguin

tRi (courtesy of Worm)

Dameik

Ace111 (tOp)

PaWwEeZy (qM)

DarkAssassin17 ?

Bullet_19

Jrawizzle

Go_DeaD

ewokk

Xerxes91

ColossusSlayer (uN)

RockLeePenguin (KoZ)

Black_star

Drokun (uN)

XKaL1buR (FnA)

Maiden01

I don't think I missed anybody?  I think some other people passed through but didn't last that long  >_>  

what about blind21? lol
and that SLOSH guy

i never really played with either

Raoulcheap_QcP still plays under a different accound raw soul qcp or something like that

I been on ut3 ps3 since december 07 my first name was stSeph then I did TheSeph like a month later been playing since but i did drop from ps3 for the 360in july when it dropped  on which my name was TheSeph Qcp and all 360 players who came to the ps3 know me

LOL and st's first match was against some kid name lllENDlll Phantaci who knew he'd become as good at this as he did

Other notable person i can think of is Mystic Mows and my buddy qwest come back to tOp quit playing mw2
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 4:25pm

Oldschool > Newschool

Those matches would get ugly quick fast...
 Qwest cant leave MW2 now that he joined A-R...He's under contract for the next couple of years. Lol
Aquaknot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 4:27pm
I didn't forget qwest, I didn't add qwest because he hasn't been on UT3 at all for months.
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 4:36pm

4 this brutal match we need a leader 4 both teams i put in a vote 4 me 4 the noobys(new school) team

iAM_xplorer2233 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Stair Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_xplorer2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Fehtalatee

4 this brutal match we need a leader 4 both teams i put in a vote 4 me 4 the noobys(new school) team

it would be brutal but only onesided old school would have to go to spawn killing just to make it fun in every mode 
"Since we like to travel she let us run a train."
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by iAM_xplorer2233

Originally posted by Fehtalatee

it would be brutal but only onesided old school would have to go to spawn killing just to make it fun in every mode 
yea u guys no spawn killing lets b kind of fair uk the teams r going 2 b kind of uneven so plz dont try 2 make fun of us by doing all of this not needed stuff n pick u guys leader 4 this match...vote on it
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 4:45pm
It'll be quick & painless & lots of fun for the oldschool..
iAM_xplorer2233 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Stair Master

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_xplorer2233 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 4:45pm
just play AR with ur team thats 90% of the old skool allstars
"Since we like to travel she let us run a train."
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 5:12pm
lol
vctf is going to be tough. oOPS vctf team is made up of all "new" players and they really are beasts. it would be stupid to assume they would get destroyed. the "new" tdm/ctf players are beasts as well. we got remy, rico, HardhatTuna (me), Q80FACE, smokinpot416, kupcakedestroyer, benwa, syzygy, VGP, seifer, not sure who the other "new" tdm/ctf players are. i think tdm/ctf would be a close match if this ever happened.
- Best Coast

XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 5:15pm
Me and bum on the same team. We could have two other noobs and still smash any line up y'all throw at us. Throwback Beasts muhfuc ka s
ForceOfGod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ForceOfGod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 5:17pm
Alls I know is that I bought this game the day after it came out.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by XKaL1buR

Me and bum on the same team. We could have two other noobs and still smash any line up y'all throw at us. Throwback Beasts muhfuc ka s
LOL
bum, kali, syntax, reaper
- Best Coast

Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 5:24pm

day after it came out ? pffft u aint old school like me ! had this **** pre-ordered in oct 2007

lol for real tho kali and bum would be beastly.. but how u gonna take my 2v2 partner kali ? :0
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>