Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > I'm So Smart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Health Reform

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Team KmA
Team KmA

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Health Reform
    Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 3:42pm
On Health Care,
Since the American Medical Association endorses it, it's fine with me.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/International/2010/03/19/AMA-AARP-endorse-healthcare-plan/UPI-44481269027910/

Congressional budget office projects savings of ~138 billion tax dollars over the next 10 years. "The greatest deficit reduction since 1993," according to Rep. Hoyer.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/18/health/policy/18health.html

There are ~32 million uninsured Americans who, if their arm was broken, could only use emergency medical services, a bill which it is difficult to make them pay.
http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/obama-cancels-trip-healthcare-vote-looms

Medical bills are the leading cause of US bankruptcy.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2005/bankruptcy_study.html

With so few firms in the market, it is difficult for market forces to change health care, compared to a more competitive environment.
http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2009/06/pdf/health_competitiveness.pdf

On Military,
It isn't good form to express military expenditure in % GDP, since military incidents are not related to the size of your economy.  I could understand a per captia, per coastal distance, per area, but not GDP.

While I love to wave the flag, eat apple pie, and drive a Chevrolet, I am concerned when so many functions of our military, previously done in house, are now done by contractors.  A single Excalibur shell costs $89,000.  The $85,000,000 contract, the largest ever for rounds, is comparable to the construction cost of our school's new library.  Since I have no overall figures for privatization of US military, feel free to disregard this talking point.  While the below documentary excerpt was provocative, it was, at times, overly anti-corporate. 

Below is a pie chart of the earlier bar chart.  Feel free to disregard.

On Finance,
The Largest holder of US debt is the Federal reserve.

While China recently passed Japan as the largest holder of US foreign debt, the US doesn't have a China problem; rather, we have unsustainable account deficits with over 100 countries, requiring
~3.5 billion of foreign capital each business day to fund our external short fall.
P.345 http://books.google.com/books?id=EiUx98aJ0t4C&printsec=frontcover&dq=the+next+asia&cd=2#v=onepage&q=&f=false

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by DEVIL_-Dr4g0v-

For informatino what is the usa school budget ?

France's school buget are :
teaching public school: 17.6 billion
life of the student: 3.8 billion
teaching public school : 29 billion
Private Education: 7 billion
I don't know what it is but we are educated enough to know not to pay our public teachers twice!
Dr4g0v View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil
Stinger Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr4g0v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 3:45pm
Awesome post! Good Job ! Graphic are interesting, link too but i don't have understand very well the video.
Dr4g0v View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil
Stinger Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr4g0v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by BAIN

For informatino what is the usa school budget ?

France's school buget are :
teaching public school: 17.6 billion
life of the student: 3.8 billion
teaching public school : 29 billion
Private Education: 7 billion
I don't know what it is but we are educated enough to know not to pay our public teachers twice!

It's hard to explain ... Hmmm 17.6billion goes to professional school (who you have both education :
books mathematic french physic chimy etc...
and you learn your job (you can choose many jobs). You make school, work, school, work ...
The 29billion goes to school who they learn only on books and at school.
Dr4g0v View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil
Stinger Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr4g0v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 3:55pm
teaching public school second degree: 17.6 billion
teaching public school first degree: 29billion
Thats called "degree".
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 4:35pm

It would be wiser to give money in the health reform than in the useless army. Just my point of view...
Are you serious?  This is rich coming from a Frenchman of all people.  WWI and WWII ringing any bells with you?  Maybe if you all had maintained a military of the kind you had back in 1776 when you were actually useful then you wouldn't have needed to be bailed out TWICE  in the last century.  Furthermore, there is a school of thought that maintains that BECAUSE the United States spends the money it needs for a useful military, this allows countries such as yours, Canada, and many other European countries to afford their lavish social welfare systems.  Don't you dare lecture us on a "useless army" when it's the main thing that stood and still stands between your country's continued peaceful existence and annihilation.Angry
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 4:52pm
Han for a guy as smart as you... holy cow! you drank the kool Aid with two fists!

The AMA - of course they endorsed this! it'll make doctors even richer 30m previously uninsured get
                 access to healthcare and line the doctors pocket  books!

My issue is not that I dont want people to have access to health care I DO! its the how!
and this legislation is as as fiscaly responsible as Tiger Woods in a waitress convention.

On the CBO- Use your common sense. this legislation will cost $1 trillion dollars and yet its supposed to save us $150 billion. yeah okay. Han I got a beautiful summer lake home in Siberia
I'd like to sell you. Call me. The CBO says it'll save you 100k on your future mortgage payments!! lol.

The budgetary gimmicks that went into the CBO's projections were galactically fradulent!
The CBO has to take the assumptions at face value that the proponents of the bill gave them
It reminds of of the way Greece got into the EU

They had to reduce their deficits to get EU membership, so they hired investment bankers to use derivatives and shift debt to future periods and artificially inflate revenue into current periods. Eventually it caught up with them and greece is defaulting on their government bonds.

That Greece (the founders of Western Civilization defaulted on Debt ...during the same time that  the modern standard bearer of Western Civilization, AMerica,  is doing the exact same thing is mind boggling! Its an Omen, wrapped in symbolism, doused with foreshadow!!!

On China and Military Spending
Because you'd like to ignore mil spending as a % of GDP, because, well, its not convenient for your argument ... Lets look at it from a different perspective.

Lets say HAN you had a $1,000,000 credit card balance and I had $50k.

Real irresponsible of you right? And me, welll obviously, Im a shining example of credit worthiness.

Well, Lets also say, Han, you were a millionaire Nuclear Engineer Nobel Prize winner and you were pulling in $50 million a year. And I was an unemplyed gamer that pulled in $50k a year by winning tournaments.

Well that puts our debt load into perspective right? As% of income youre credit card debt is totally manageable and mine irresponsible.

But Han lets just ignore mil spending as a percentage of GDP because its not convenient for u.

How about mil spending as a % of our budget. well its around 20% give or take.
Flip it around and that means 80% of our govet spending goes to
Medicare
Medicade
Social Security
everything else

Not to mention were about to double down on Medicare and Medicade over thext 10 years!

Heres what I love about how we just fvcked ourselves. We have to reform Healthcare
because its broken right?

How about we fix whats broken before ballooning it! Obama has been clear himself that this is
about first expanding coverage( NOT containing cost)... THEN fixing it. cause it'll be soooo much easier to control cost once  we more than double its size! uh huh

Yes Han, you are correct the Fed holds 45% of our debt and China owns a paltry 25%
(if you owed 1/4 of your student loans to me you'd be real careful how nice you were to me wouldnt you Han?)
Last I checked the Fed was not doing the following:

1. Rolling out Tanks to do a little Student Protester Lawn Mowing
2. Brutally crushing an ethnic minority in annexed lands
3. Arming a Genocide
4. Growing its Military budget by a rate anywhere between 10-20% (i noticed how u ignored this 1)
5. building a dozen or so nuclear subs per year.

I could be wrong ... maybe Bernanke is a Bond Villain or something.

Also in 10 years I GUARANTEE you 3 things:

1. China will own more US debt than 25%
2. The US will Cut Military Spending (because it has to)
3. China Will Grow its Military spending (because it wants to)

This has nothing to do with Jingoism, Flag waiving, and Patriotism.

HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 5:18pm
I enjoyed reading your post and concede my earlier talking points.

Below is a cool, albeit dated, video about pre-legislation health care reform.

Although it is impractical, we should scrap everything and model Taiwan's health care system.  I def have a Chinese bias.  LOL
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89651916
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 5:33pm
That was actually the most honest assessment of the problem Ive peobably ever heard.
Feeding the PIG! lol.

At least we can debate and not swear at each other ... Incidentallly Cuba just endorsed
Obama Care:

Sweet

Dr4g0v View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil
Stinger Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr4g0v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 3:15pm
This letter is just an example. A lot of letter was written. Because Sarkozy have a really bad comportement with french.

[Just give you the climat in france]

Dr. Christian SADEK
General practitioner
The Prades
46,250 CAZALS
Mr Nicolas SARKOZY
President of the French Republic
Cazals, 08 March 2010
President of the Republic
With all the respect I owe you due to your position, I beg to
send this little gift: a butcher's hook. This is not to hang Mr.
Dominique de Villepin and has nothing to do with 9mm bullets that have been addressed
anonymously.
But I tell you who I am and why I address this subject.
At that time country doctor, I am daily in contact with France "to
low, farmers, artisans, professionals, businessmen, employees
employees who must work even harder to actually earn less.
Also people I interact with RSA who work illegally, arrive in touch
many diverse and varied benefits and who is not paying taxes and fare
much better than those at minimum wage, and working 7 H / day, and much better than
our farmers that they work more than 60 H / week, 365 days a year and sometimes
are obliged to attend the Heart of Eating to feed their children. And what about our
retirees who have more and more difficult to make ends meet.
Every day, I measure the temperature of the population of our township and I do not know if it
a consequence of the alleged global warming, but the temperature rises, rises
slowly but surely and one day it will explode ...
I think it's like the "big one" on the San Andrea fault: we know that this will
happen but we do not know the date.
This is what I see on the Township Cazals and also what I sense in other
Cantons of France.
It is a shame that our country is on the verge of bankruptcy, bankruptcy largely due to
incompetence and corruption of our ENA, or the victim of a third revolution
would completely ruin it.
As in 1789, the Revolution could erupt for a word too: in 1789 it would
Marie-Antoinette would have imposed "They have no bread then let them eat
cake. The NAS did not exist already, but we already knew how to ENA
be made bread and buns: no reality of the living conditions of people on the ground.
This may be to avoid this that our politicians and Enarques make long speeches
us numb and do not want to say anything more: at least it avoids putting the lights to
powders and they enjoyed themselves by aligning words, but no idea.
We are witnessing a state that becomes more and more towards his inquisitor
citizens increasingly repressive toward honest people more lax for
rogue: would you be afraid of thugs Mr. President?
Yet it is the honest people who will be the next revolution because they are tired
that 1789 is not used for anything and they are only good to pay taxes.
I think, as a doctor, that the revolution is like the vaccine: time to time he
need reminders. For too long now that the last booster was administered.
After the screening of offenders at the age of 3 years, the carbon tax that saves the most
polluters (your cronies), the radar "pumps" to money, what will we lay: the
Recovery of lettres de cachet? Provided I do not be the first victim!
You're making us a France to the American. But not one of Obama! That
Bush puppet of the CIA, industry lobbies and armaments. Your idol
was G. W. Bush, this "burst" eyes. Geographical Europe was a country under the heel
American (England), now she has two.
During the invasion of Iraq by the U.S., I should say by the CIA and the industrial
arming and incidentally GW Bush, Jacques Chirac was probably the best
initiative of its mandate: Do not go there. Had it not been so, I think our country,
counts 1 / 6 of Muslims exploded from within. In medicine there is a saying
Primum no nocere "- first do no harm, and he was able to apply it.
You are slowly but surely transforming the country into a dictatorship because you
the spirit of a little dictator, there is a great similarity between you and The Napoleon III said
Small (dixit Victor Hugo).
Apart from some ministers, you're surrounded (but that may be required)
incompetents who have no known reality on the ground, such as Mrs A.
Bachelot who showed us his skills in the management of the "big" epidemic of influenza A.
Fortunately the virus H1 N1, for its virulence had nothing to do with the H5 N1
in which case it would decimate the country participated in: it might be solved the problem
unemployment by creating many jobs as possible ... .. in funeral parlors. There is a proverb
"The kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are kings" I fear that you have done yours. But
in fact, the influenza epidemic, was not it a diversion to talk about something else
as the crisis that would likely inflame the minds?
By presenting this, I do not make threats, I draw you a little - after
all it is you who have spoken first, the butcher's hook - I'm only the
prevention.
It would be regrettable that your lack of common sense, your distance more
general of France "from below", as said Jean Pierre Raffarin, will lead you to you
found suspended by the people, or worse, the Guillotine, relegated to the museum by Robert
Badinter, resume service and works at the rate it did under the Terror. I
remember that you are the president of all French although not everyone voted for you
and you have been chosen to take care of our country, not to destroy it.
I am a liberal, but I am for liberalism and not been chosen and imposed. You are
creating a health system in the U.S., that is to say, two or even three, then
Mr. Obama that he wants to backtrack and make access to care at all
Americans who were excluded.
You're destroying education which is the very type of long-term investment
term today that spends money (our taxes) used to train the brain
will be the intellectual elite of tomorrow.
The Nordic countries like Finland have understood.
With the removal of the judge, you are creating a compliant judicial system of
power, France will become a Banana Republic if it is not already.
A pace where you go, France will be the first underdeveloped country in Europe: more
university, more hospitals, more industries, more public services, to grow crops. ...
... A Gallic reserve for foreign tourists at most.
Warning! The Gauls in the image of Asterix and Obelix may well come into resistance ... ..
Open letter to Nicolas Sarkozy

World turn baddly ...
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 4:55pm
How much longer does Sarkozy have?
Dr4g0v View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil
Stinger Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr4g0v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by HanFei

1.5years.
valjohn View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
No hearts for anyone!

Post Options Post Options   Quote valjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 2:12am
Originally posted by HanFei

what exactly are you talking about ???? Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12