| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General > Quake Live
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Twisted_Tek on QL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Twisted_Tek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Twisted_Tek on QL
    Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 6:39pm
Like a week ago I moved to my father appartement... because I can't work much since I go to the university.

And since I moved I didn't play UT3 on the ps3 (couldn't install it yet) so I wanted to give a try to Quake Live.
At first the be honest I didn't liked it because I was kinda f***ed up with the dodge and the jump.
I went through the tutorials to help me out.
It's kind of hard at first when you're used to UT3 hehe.

But after some hours I was already good.

I dunno it's like if it would have much more skilled poeple.
But i'm already getting more kill than death (overall)... I shouldn't talk about my first game hehehe Wink
I only played on free for all and clan arena yet (something like that, like a team deathmatch).

My account :   mrtek
I wanted to use  TeKnician   but it was already taken :/
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 11:31am
cool.. alot of people dont catch on very quickly.. if you are already getting positive k/d ratios thats a good sign.. stick with it man the game has alot of players and tournies.

im currently on a division 2 group A tourney team.. the league is very large http://www.bibsql.com/?p=standings

the team im on is mondotory rage (mR.).. its me 'bask' 'irisH' 'novmode' 'd0c' 'peefart' 'ultra' 'hybrd' and 'funeral'

and yes i know none of you know who any of these players are but to put it simply this team is stacked with top talent, if we have good chemistry we could easily win div2 and be division1 with teams like evil geniuses etc
Twisted_Tek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Twisted_Tek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 6:44pm
Well I went into clan arena matches and whoa! it's harder.

The last match that I made my team wasn't as good as the other team  but I had the most point of my team.

My problem would be to use my weapon switch (key bind..)... most of the time I jump everywhere with the rocket (jump) shooting at my ennemies!

For sure when i'm saying I have a litle bit more kills than death it's in free for all at MY skill lvl.
Yesterday I tried in a match against people that had better skills... damn lol I killed them but I had much more death than kills :P

Oh and I made already my next account...  TeKn1cian
I'm going to make my learning under my mrtek account.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Twisted_Tek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 11:46pm
Humm some of the challenge (tutorials) are hard to do... on the rocket launcher jump I only haven't been able to do the last one with a double curve (like a S) even if i was near lol. But I only done it once when I knew how to jump with the rocket launcher while shooting the wall in the air.

I also had problem with my Strafe jumping on the halls 3.
Hall 1 and 2 it's easy enough, i'm able to do them.
But when I try the halls 3  I didn't even been able to go further than the 2nd of 5-6 ??? platform than i'm falling (its the first step of 3 I think).  I guess I need some practice hehe

Post Options Post Options   Quote Twisted_Tek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 9:14pm
Ok i'm playing since a month and a half and my aim is getting better :)

I'm mainly playing in Clan Arena games.
But there's sooo much spam kill in this game.

The lightning gun  when 3 of the other team is on you = you're MEGA DEAD  hehe
This gun is simply overpowered I think.

And what about the Grenade Launcher, this gun = MEGA SPAM KILL... seriouslly haha

The game isnt that bad but I really like UT3 and I would like to get back on it, especially on pc.
But it's gonna be for this summer, oh yeah!

I would say that Quake Live has much more spam kill than UT3
But i'm still playing it and  I prefer playing 2 vs 2 Clan Arena match!

Post Reply Post Reply