FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Nexuiz (New Arena type FPS)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 25>
Author
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nexuiz (New Arena type FPS)
    Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 5:43pm
@ helscream its basically a small tema ythat has been taking their time with making it to ensure it turns out as good as they hoped it would be... ive bene checking on their fb for a while now and yeah... they've only bene working on one other project but nexuiz is their top priority... and it may not get all the large production value or anything but the tema are big fans of arena fps and are making sure it'll be great.... also mahcinma are going to promote it and is being published by thq i belive... machinima would really help raise awareness of the game because of their lareg following/community...
@jailbird.... i read on an article itll only be those 2 modes at the start.. however with the company being small and this being their largest project.. they are not going to just release it and then not back it up... their going to add DLC.. which would feature new maps and modes.. and im guessing if there is enough demand (which is a arena fps case, there will) for duel mode.. it will more than likely be implemented sometime down the road...
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 6:19pm
Your spelling is horrible.

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 6:56pm
My spelling is fine dude xD.... i just type fast and cant be bothered to go back and correct any mistakes.....or use full puncuation.. im sorry that my typing isnt perfect on a gaming forum lol
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 8:15pm
only tdm and ctf -__________-
hopefully we can make it 1v1 tdm smh
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 10:43pm
I told you dude. Nobody got time to play 1 fckn person online. lol dudes dont listen. Cant do no 1v1 TDM lol.. Duel aint **** one of the most boring modes on UT3 eqvialent to a camp fest in vCTF...lmao My favorite modes are the only modes :) ..They may add modes in DLC but the main thing they are pushing is the mutators. They got 100+ ..So from what I read.. & the game isnt being pushed as some really serious competitve shooter. Its made to relive the old days of Quake with all this extra stuff these guys imagined would be if they added this or that to it. Like fart gunshot sounds, giant whales that squash teams, etc.  So expect mayhem. It should be fun regardless.

@Helscream , the game is being released. February 15th is final street date for 360. Not sure when PS3 date is. But I think it wont last long. January, February, & March have some really big anticipating titles releasing for both consoles that are 60 bux. why bother with a 10 dollar psn game?
PSN:Imaginative
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 12:07am
Originally posted by BuMrUsH

I told you dude. Nobody got time to play 1 fckn person online. lol dudes dont listen. Cant do no 1v1 TDM lol.. Duel aint **** one of the most boring modes on UT3 eqvialent to a camp fest in vCTF...lmao My favorite modes are the only modes :) ..They may add modes in DLC but the main thing they are pushing is the mutators. They got 100+ ..So from what I read.. & the game isnt being pushed as some really serious competitve shooter. Its made to relive the old days of Quake with all this extra stuff these guys imagined would be if they added this or that to it. Like fart gunshot sounds, giant whales that squash teams, etc.  So expect mayhem. It should be fun regardless.

@Helscream , the game is being released. February 15th is final street date for 360. Not sure when PS3 date is. But I think it wont last long. January, February, & March have some really big anticipating titles releasing for both consoles that are 60 bux. why bother with a 10 dollar psn game?

duel>
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 12:09am
no translocator

i will hate this game   </3
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Phenethylamine

no translocator

if you can't turn mutators off I will rage. and just wait for Rainbow Six
ja1lb1rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ja1lb1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 12:33am
Originally posted by ax412

Originally posted by BuMrUsH

duel>
QFT!!

I'd rather have just duel than just TDM/CTF :(
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 12:34am
Duel is boring

Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 7:11am
One of the developers on facebook states that ' a specific 'duel mode' will not be available at launch, unfortunately. However, you can easily setup a private match with 1v1.'

All these recent articles seem to be just focused on talking about the mutator system as I guess it's what sets the game apart from other shooters, whereas all through development illfonic has been pushing the competitive aspect as well. Fully customisable private rooms, ability to turn mutators off, clan leaderboards and tournaments etc. Hopefully they've managed to fit all this in like they said they would. 

Anyway it's good to finally have a release date. Even if it is only on the 360 lol.  
PSN: TheBIues / JFF-TheBlues-
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

Duel is boring
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 10:45am
Originally posted by ThAtSmAtT

My spelling is fine dude xD.... i just type fast and cant be bothered to go back and correct any mistakes.....or use full puncuation.. im sorry that my typing isnt perfect on a gaming forum lol
in America we call them "teams" not "temas".
Helscream View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 10:45am
Well even though the game will only release with only two modes.(TDM/CTF). That does not mean they cannot add other modes after launch. And POSSIBLY with only two modes, we can expect a lot of maps for each one. Because it can get stale real fast having several modes but with only like 5 maps each.

I get the vibe that Nexuiz will be straight up player on player/frag on frag combat. Meaning you wont have vehicles or turrets to use. But I would rather the team developing this game focus on just two modes and give it great quality and polish. Than for them to spread themselves too thin and have a bunch of modes that are rough around the edges and ultimately unfulfilling/unsatisfying. So hopefully with the resources they have they will make wise game design decisions that make the game more enjoyable in the long run and hopefully give it a longer life cycle.
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 12:32pm

Its still bad, makes you sound dumb. <3

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Darkn3ss is QnL

Duel is boring

noobs -_-
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 1:09pm
Wow on your last three post you went 3 for 3 on being a moron. Congrats you are now on the same level as strider or any member of WaR

Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 2:15pm
my 8th sense is telling me this game is gonna suck poop
and duel is only better than vctf   XD 
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 3:31pm

I can spell fine. Its only typo's ive bene making lol... if youre going to be like that seph.... then can you explain how my typing makes me "sound" dumb??... ah the irony :P
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 3:37pm
well penguin it may not seem great to you.. but as i said before any decentish arena fps > the generic army games out there especially COD lol.... and as hel said... there is plenty of time for the team to add more modes to the game.. they are only a 10 man team aftre all so they wouldn;t of ben able to cram al the modes that is wanted straight away... and because they are a small time company they ndon't have many other projects to be dealing with so most of their focus wil be on nexuiz for a while... i reckon there will be alot of DLC that will become available for the game... and for players who want to be competetive there will be an option to turn off dynamic mutators when starting a server... i think the game will be good....
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 6:38pm

I can spell fine. Its only typo's ive bene making lol... if youre going to be like that seph.... then can you explain how my typing makes me "sound" dumb??... ah the irony :P

Because when I read something with that many spelling errors, in my head its like listening to a down syndrome child with a lisp.

On a brighter note, can't wait to kick your ass in this game and compare notes on FFXIII-2 with you ;)

Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 6:38pm
LOL, has nothing to do with how I think it looks. I think it looks fine

maybe it's the fact that I've seen multiple games get hyped up a **** ton, then fail completely   :D

Also, I'm not gonna blindly follow a game because it looks like UT, or it's labeled an arena fps
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 8:07pm
lol shut up seph! :( haha.. couldnt kick my ass in ut3 so u wont do it in nexuiz :D lolol and well tbh i probably aint going to waste my money on it... dont want to buy a sequel to a game i dont like much... ill just wait for versus instead lol.. and yeah penguin i see your point.. i just really REALLY want this game to go down well and not fail... i need something to fill the gap i have since i lost my interest for ut3 lol...
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 10:18am
Originally posted by ja1lb1rd

I talked to Fula yesterday and he said he read somewhere that there will be no DM/Duel modes, only TDM and CTF when nexuiz comes out!! WTF can someone confirm this for me? Thanx!

P.S. nevermind i saw it was in one of the articles bum posted.
lol 1v1 tdm works if thats what we gotta do lol
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 10:22am
Originally posted by ax412

Originally posted by Phenethylamine

no translocator

if you can't turn mutators off I will rage. and just wait for Rainbow Six
i thought they said there is like around 100 different mutator, they mention a pogo stick type where ppl will bounce around non stop,,, sounds fun lol
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 25>