FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Nexuiz (New Arena type FPS)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425>
Author
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nexuiz (New Arena type FPS)
    Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 12:30am
Originally posted by XxXDEATHXxX101

Originally posted by Sir Hulk Z

Pugs we generally try new things out. Ravisher secondary is supposedly buffed, we'll try that out in a pug. Rocket's buffed? We'll test that out in a pug. 

No sense in testing in pubs because those are generally not very good players. So you may think the Ravager is a beast because you ****d a pub, but then you get in a pug and realize that good players can dodge it so easily it's not worth using. I test things against competent players. That way if it does work or is efficient I know it's against players that I would meet in a match. Pub stomping is also no fun for me. I get no enjoyment going 30-0 in a TDM in MM. I'm not challenging myself. Pugs are where the base of my fun comes from in games. Pickup games with quality opponents that challenge me to an extent. I love the competition. 

Scrims are to test strats, flag runs, setups, etc. Here is where we'll try maybe Sebstinct running flag instead of Shin, or Hulk hosting instead of Shin hosting, etc. These are practices for real matches and to get everything down to a science so when it comes match time we know exactly what to do, the routes to take, etc. 

Matches are the real deal. 

That's how Type Z practices and always has and it has faired us quite well in all honesty. 

wtf are you talking about???  you play against friends or bots if you want to "try" things out.  or just play in pubs to mess around, your basicly saying there are no real matchs.
if you "love" competition you would be saying that you are competitive in "PUGS" an "SCRIMS".

Scrims and pugs are meant for practice ha. You get serious of course but you aren't as cautious because it's practice so you try new things. In ut3 I practiced Hitscan during ctf pugs but of course I wouldn't play like that in a serious match. It makes sense lol I don't see what the deal is
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 1:25am
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

Scrims and pugs are meant for practice ha. You get serious of course but you aren't as cautious because it's practice so you try new things. In ut3 I practiced Hitscan during ctf pugs but of course I wouldn't play like that in a serious match. It makes sense lol I don't see what the deal is

so you only know what you can do in a match, when you're in a match?

"Ok guys, I dont prepare for clan matches, when I get in there, I just wing it"
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 1:32am
I agree with penguin... In football I was taught you practice how you play. 
Sir Hulk Z View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sir Hulk Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 2:26am
Penqwin pay attention. Im going to explain it one more time.

Pubs, pugs, pickups, randy dandies, anything that isnt a team scrimmage or match, is where you f*** around, have fun, try out new weapons, classes, etc. These matches are not for real, they are meant to be fun and for you to have a good time and try things you normally wouldnt, like practing your bio rifle skills. You will practice them in pugs because you want to know if you can use it efficiently against good players. You will not practice them in scrims or matches because you risk losing or not being as efficient as you normally are.

Scrims are where you practice for matches as a team. You play efficiently, but here is where you try new strats, flag runs, switching up whose your teamsbio carriers and defenders, etc. You play hard but use different strats to see whats effective and whats not. Who can perform what role and who cant, etc.

Matches are the real deal and here you dont try new things. You use your best strats that have been tested in scrims, play efficiently, and do whatever it takes to get the win.

Do you understand where im coming from?

Sup Tuna. Saw some QnL on the leaderboards was hoping to get quality games in with yall and maybe a match down the road. I cant stand the PS3 thumbsticks idk how yall go hard on them lol.
Type Z
Sir Hulk Z View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sir Hulk Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 2:29am
Originally posted by ax412

I can work with this. Think of it like this.

Pub = random game in the park

PUG = backyard game with your buddies

Scrim = weekly team practice

Match = sunday game
Type Z
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 7:27am
Nexuiz <
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 8:41am

Pub = random game in the park

PUG = backyard game with your buddies

Scrim = weekly team practice

Match = sunday game
I see. 
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 10:33am

Penqwin pay attention. Im going to explain it one more time.

Pubs, pugs, pickups, randy dandies, anything that isnt a team scrimmage or match, is where you f*** around, have fun, try out new weapons, classes, etc. These matches are not for real, they are meant to be fun and for you to have a good time and try things you normally wouldnt, like practing your bio rifle skills. You will practice them in pugs because you want to know if you can use it efficiently against good players. You will not practice them in scrims or matches because you risk losing or not being as efficient as you normally are.

Scrims are where you practice for matches as a team. You play efficiently, but here is where you try new strats, flag runs, switching up whose your teamsbio carriers and defenders, etc. You play hard but use different strats to see whats effective and whats not. Who can perform what role and who cant, etc.

Matches are the real deal and here you dont try new things. You use your best strats that have been tested in scrims, play efficiently, and do whatever it takes to get the win.

Do you understand where im coming from?

Sup Tuna. Saw some QnL on the leaderboards was hoping to get quality games in with yall and maybe a match down the road. I cant stand the PS3 thumbsticks idk how yall go hard on them lol.

OHHHH I see, I dont need a team to practice with, this is why Im not understanding. 

If I can do good with people that aren't my teammates, then I'll be especially fine when my teammates are there. Also, I dont need teammates to improve my gun skill.

I work as an individual and have always been forced too. hmm works better for me  Sleepy

My point: The only way to get a good game, is if you actually try. Good games are where scores are tight and theres skill. You dont need plans or plays to have this. I know I sure wouldn't like to have 1 good game a week   o;

All me and people have ever had to do was, Ok whos running? Whos defending? Alright we're good to go. Or better yet in Nexuiz, the ONLY thing you need to ask is, whos getting rockets? ok I'll camp rockets. lmao
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 10:51am

Pub = random game in the park Agree

PUG = backyard game with your buddies League Practice with other Team Players, Try new routes/thing while playing like you would in the game.

Scrim = weekly team practice Same as a PUG, Except with your Team vs. another team.

Match = sunday game Agree

No, i'll correct your answers.

Theres a Difference between PUGS and private matches with a couple of friends. When people get together for PUGS they play like you would a match just with random teams instead of set teams.

Thats my opinion anyways.

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 7:07pm
What's the difference between a PUG and a PUB again??
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

What's the difference between a PUG and a PUB again??

Pub = 1%
Pug = 10%
Scrim = 50%
Match = 10000000000000000000000%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FEAJFIEJAFIOEJVNEIAEFJEIAOGHGIER?HAIFJEAFJEIFAJIOFJEIOAJFEINVIFHEAOFEJFEIOAJFIEHIGOHFIEAOHFEIHFIOAEHFEIOAHFIOFHEOIAHFIEFHAEIOFHEOIAHF

Ragequit when you lose.

Then you go play a pub because you wanna kill noobs to feel like a winner. 

The cycle starts again
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 7:24pm
Darkness, my question was supposed to be sarcastic, since it was explained in different variations in 2 pages of this thread lol
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

Darkness, my question was supposed to be sarcastic, since it was explained in different variations in 2 pages of this thread lol

You forgot to press the sarcasm button before posting that response ;p
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 7:42pm
My bad! 
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

PUG = backyard game with your buddies League Practice with other Team Players, Try new routes/thing while playing like you would in the game.

Scrim = weekly team practice Same as a PUG, Except with your Team vs. another team.

Theres a Difference between PUGS and private matches with a couple of friends. When people get together for PUGS they play like you would a match just with random teams instead of set teams.

Your explanation doesn't make sense. Private match with your friends = a pug lol. No difference unless you're talking about finding glitches or something.
@peng
Not at all, I'm saying in pugs I mostly practice Hitscan or practice whatever I want. I almost never played for real in pugs and that's the truth. If you ever saw me with Hitscan in the mid for 75% of the match I was practicing for duel ha. Of course I would get serious if you, phant, bum, and rican were playing XD
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

Your explanation doesn't make sense. Private match with your friends = a pug lol. No difference unless you're talking about finding glitches or something.
@peng
Not at all, I'm saying in pugs I mostly practice Hitscan or practice whatever I want. I almost never played for real in pugs and that's the truth. If you ever saw me with Hitscan in the mid for 75% of the match I was practicing for duel ha. Of course I would get serious if you, phant, bum, and rican were playing XD
Makes sense to me. Play with your friends just to goof around and bullsh1t and not actually play the game.

trixente View Drop Down
Team W-Lrd
Team W-Lrd

Post Options Post Options   Quote trixente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 2:55am
nothing know will come out on ps3¿? 
Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 8:13am
Originally posted by trixente

nothing know will come out on ps3¿? 

Yo Trix! Still no news yet about the PS3 but the PC version is supposedly going to be released on the 17th of April. http://store.steampowered.com/app/96800

I know Xbox have had a period of exclusetivity due to Nexuiz being part of the House Party promotion so maybe that's when it comes to an end and we can expect the PS3 release date to be something similar? Nothing's been confirmed though. I'm just speculating xD
PSN: TheBIues / JFF-TheBlues-
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 11:34am
a PUG can be anything from a group of randoms to an allstar game depending on who you invite. kind of hard to give it a general classification.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 1:18pm
^ agreed. It depends on the invitation ie the intention of the person/people who invite you. You pretty much pick p on the vibes of who's there and how the teams are decided. Usually tho everyone speaks and no bots - both of which you dont get in pubs....
Anyway is this game good enough to buy or not?
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 5:41pm
whoever makes the best definition for a pug winz the grand prize..need at least 5 more people
swer0ner View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote swer0ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 8:42pm
a Pug is a dog with a screwface, a Pub is a place where you get write off
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 10:52pm
Moron

YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 1:47am
Holy f u c k dude

swer0ner View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote swer0ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 12:20pm
no sense of humour hahaa
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425>