FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Best President ever?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best President ever?
    Posted: 04 May 2010 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by BAIN

What about Jefferson? The Louisiana Purchase was monumental. 

yeah especially since we paid for it with a bottle of cheap whiskey and a couple of chicken wings

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 3:35pm
@Fluff...here's me...not disagreeing with you. all im sayn was that the common misconception is that Lincoln went to war over the issue of slavery. he did not. tho he did resolve LATER to abolish slavery. a man is a man, no matter how great, and his role as a prominent person in american history should not exempt him from criticism or critique. like we cant say anything negative about him because of who he was. did you also know lincoln was a manic depressive?
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

Originally posted by BAIN

How about President Cleveland? They named a candy bar after his daughter, Baby Ruth.
<FONT style=": #000000"> 
<FONT style=": #000000">I was always partial to Hoover and Garfield

lol Hoovervilles! cant go wrong there :P
Dr4g0v View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil
Stinger Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr4g0v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 3:45pm
Mr Sarkonooby,
Why ? Just cause...
THIS IS the "libdub" who create the youngs who supported sarkozy.
Take 5min for see it. This is hilarious.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

Originally posted by TX2k7

im not tryng to diminish his status or call him a racist, but how can you call something written by Lincoln himself a smear campaign? im just pointing out the fact that he didnt resolve to end slavery until after the war had already started. but i mean its part of history and just because it may not sit well with the image we all have of him today doesn't give us the right to dismiss it as rubbish. like you said, he was a man, imperfect and fallable as we all are. he did what he believed best to keep the Union

What I'm saying is that he may or may not have started the civil war to end slavery, but the abolition of slavery most definetly became a moral imperative for him after the war started.

thats the growth I'm talking about. His early writings reveal someone that in modern times we would brand as a racist. Even in the North most people were racist during the Civil War.
Championing the abolition of slavery would have gained him no fans nor would it have further justified the war, even in the North. Yet he did it anyway.

Fluff I think Lincoln was forced to go that way because of progress. He wasn't anti-slavery but his/North's policies deemed slavery as unnecessary and less profitable for state wealth. Everything that represented Southern power was built on the blood and toil of the slave trade. The North needed a ready made labour force to fuel economic growth and the South needed a labour force to sustain their economic wealth, they didn't need to change anything. The Northern states weren't reliant on slavery and to embrace a civil war that effectively moved the location of the slave trade would have been absurd. The moral argument, of emancipation, would win outright and achieve the aim of the North. Also Europe had abolished slavery 50 years earlier because peoples views had changed. European nations replaced slavery with an economic model that the North was advocating (although most of EU had colonies rich in resources).
I don't know too much about Lincoln but he wasn't a reformist, a staunch Unionist yes! Credit has to be given to the administration of Presidents imo history's invisible men but all said Lincoln was a great man, an inspirational orator, he made his mark on history for many reasons. Outside of USA we know of Washington, Lincoln, Roosvelt, JFK and Clinton, yes Clinton! Reagan too but to us he was not a great policy maker, leader, visionary more an acceptable face of US republicans.
Its different for us in UK we vote for parties NOT personalities (well thats the BS anyway).
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by DEVIL_-Dr4g0v-

Mr Sarkonooby,
Why ? Just cause...
THIS IS the "libdub" who create the youngs who supported sarkozy.
Take 5min for see it. This is hilarious.
Yea but at least his wife's a hottie! 
Helscream View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 4:16pm
Theodore ''Teddy'' Roosevelt - Was one of the toughest president's to date. He would send fear down the crooked spines of big corporations.

Andrew Jackson - Another tough, steadfast president. His slogan when running for president was ''Jackson, And NO bank!'' This guy saw how the Rothschild family was taking control of the currency in America, and Jackson wasn't having any of it. He was going to get rid of the ''1st Bank of the United States'' charter. And create America's own money, and be in no debt to any banker. Well the Rothschilds tryed to assassinate him and failed. And Swear to wipe the plague of the Rothschild. God Bless this Man's soul.

Abraham Lincoln - This guy had a really depressing experience leading to his years of becoming a president. He would consult the Word of God daily, trying to learn how to solve this countries greatest crisis. The Civil War.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 5:09pm
I liked Coolidge for his integrity and reserved personality, comparitavly.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 5:34pm
Abraham Lincoln
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Helscream

Theodore ''Teddy'' Roosevelt - Was one of the toughest president's to date. He would send fear down the crooked spines of big corporations.

I agree with this.  I love how educated this guy was.  He'd read about what these corporations were doing or find out in some other way and if he found injustice in their actions, he would go into action.  Even though he had fairly wealth upbringings, this guy actually understand a lot of the problems Americans faced and acted.  He also was one of the first presidents to realize that our forests needed protection.  Honestly, I don't just consider him tough, I consider him well educated and willing to act upon a lot of the injustices he found as soon as possible.  I consider Lincoln and him as two of the best ones.  Washington was pretty good to.  One of his phrases was something along the lines "We didn't fight this revolutionary war to break away from George the III for me to become George the first."  I can't recall exactly what it was.  From what I've read through and learned at school, Reagan was the last decent one, even if he took office at the right time..
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by MikeyBrennan

Abraham Lincoln
because...?
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 9:43pm
George Washington.

The very first president. Practically the only one imo.
2 reasons: 1- The ONLY president to have 100% electorial votes. Everyone agreed to have this guy as president. The closest one to have 100% was the next president. Everyone except 1 voted for him.
2 - He basically foretold what America was going to end up like. He told us to not to have 2 groups or parties. Why? because it'll split up the country. Guess what? it did. If you listen to some of the things he said, already predicted the goverment of what America was going to end up like and tried to warn us..but we didnt listen.
PSN:Imaginative
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 10:03pm
bThe war,blacks(nothing personal), defending the  Federal law and the Union,and SO much more.

Than a couple of jack offs had or should i say 1 or 2 i think it is had to TRY to get his body. Yes i know about the other 2 eing safe guards around where he was FIRST buried - aka Oak Ridge Cemetery Springfield Ill. 

Lets face it. Yea George Washington did alot as well and first 2 year term pres. But Abraham got my vote for best pres.

There you go Tx.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 10:04pm
He also set the term standard, which most presidents followed.  In fact, there's only two presidents I can think of that actually tried or did break that tradition, both named Roosevelt.  That's one thing I didn't appreciate about Teddy, though it was for fairly good reasons. (Taft didn't maintain the same policy, which Teddy believed should of been furthered with Taft's term.  Then again, Taft was a different guy, so you can't really blame him for not believing in the same policy.)  Washington also didn't want his face on our money.  Actually, I think that's where that phrase about not making him into George the I came from.  Well, either that or when he explained why he wasn't running a third time.
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 6:52am
Definitely not Obama.

I'd choose FDR and Lincoln.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Nova

Definitely not Obama.

The man without vision, a plan or understanding of fundamental economics (at a time of economic pain). As Strider would say "He's not even a top 10 player in his mode" (But in broken english).

The problem with analyzing Lincoln, Washington, etc. is that most of the stories about those two in particular are embelished beyond comprehension. A lot of their accomplishments are byproducts of actions they took or were taken at the time. They were by no means the motive. i.e. Lincoln didn't set out to abolish slavery. Abolishing slavery was never the promary motive.
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 10:44am
Bill Clinton!! & Barack oBAMa
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Supreme_Venom

Bill Clinton!! & Barack oBAMa

Obama may challenge the exceptional few (i.e., Carter, etc.) as possibly the single worst President in US history. I have seen a lot of Presidents in my life, but this one is unlike any other I have seen or heard of. He's managed to destroy this country more in 1.5 years than it took others decades to accomplish. Special indeed.
Ninja_Monkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ninja_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 1:41pm
Obama hasn't destroyed this country. It's just that it's impossible for any human being to clean up the mess George W and his administration made before they left office. That's GWB is the worst ever.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 3:22pm
RE: Obama being exceptionally bad - Its a little unfair to say that about a guy who's been in office less than 18 months. The criteria for judging all previous presidents is simply that - history, their achievements and their legacy. At least give him time to fail OR succeed. 
Remember George Dubya came into office in highly controversial circumstances. Then he was in a right mess after 9 months of office until 9/11. Up until then the general consensus of his term was that of failure.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Ninja_Monkey

Obama hasn't destroyed this country. It's just that it's impossible for any human being to clean up the mess George W and his administration made before they left office. That's GWB is the worst ever.

Did you get that from MSNBC? I love generalized statements, but can you please provide some solid fact? GWB was hardly the worst president ever. The years during his presidency were actually decent compared to other. He may sound like and idiot, but 2000-2007 were actually decent years.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

RE: Obama being exceptionally bad - Its a little unfair to say that about a guy who's been in office less than 18 months. The criteria for judging all previous presidents is simply that - history, their achievements and their legacy. At least give him time to fail OR succeed. 
Remember George Dubya came into office in highly controversial circumstances. Then he was in a right mess after 9 months of office until 9/11. Up until then the general consensus of his term was that of failure.

It's not unfair at all. If you were in debt, let's say $100, would you spend $100,000 to get out of debt? If you do, I'd be first in line to call you an idiot. If your company was going to lay people off and layoffs (unemployment) is a big issue to you, would you not address it? Is healthcare the biggest issue in the country? It's not even on the top 10 things that should be discussed. Try the economy, unemployment, capital gains taxes, income taxes, immigration (which is the wrong term to use, should be illegal aliens), import taxes, funding for schools, reduction of student loans, stabalization of the housing market, a bankrupt social security system, inflation, etc. etc. etc. Healthcare shouldn't even be discussed. Cut Medicare and Medicaid and make people pay for those services, just like everyone else does. An for the few that truly can't, we'll cover them. But that doesn't add up to close to 60 million people (The elderly currently on Medicare/Medicaid + the 40 million Obama estiamtes). Discussions of global warming, green products, and healthcare are absolutely bull$hit at the current time.
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

Did you get that from MSNBC? I love generalized statements, but can you please provide some solid fact? GWB was hardly the worst president ever. The years during his presidency were actually decent compared to other. He may sound like and idiot, but 2000-2007 were actually decent years.

man bush f***ed up everything, clinton had us all nice and cozy and then here comes bush and f***s up stuff and then like always  another democrate has to come in and clean up **** . and with clinton we had the best economy ever and thats after he clean up after the first bush war. and yo pin not to really get into an arguement  or anything but "decent compared to others" dude bush had to start bailing  banks before he left then obama had to do the same **** cause everything was messed up, never have i ever in learning the history of government did i here of a president  having to bail out a major bank. so no way in hell he's  had a decent year it was the worse years.

and best president ever calvin coolidge yeah mofo

Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 6:22pm
Zellot youre just plain wrong:

1. Clinton gave us the internet bubble, and when that burst leading to a recession Bush inherited the recession from Clinton. the recession went deeper after the 9/11 attacks, and bush's tax cuts got us out of that. The roots of the housing bubble go way way back and many presidents/administrations need to take blame as far back as carter but certainly bush 1 and 2 and clinton.

2. We had to bail out the ENTIRE Savings and Loan Industry in 1992. Historical FACT.
    Savings and Loans were just like banks back in the day, and we bailed ot the entire industry.

3. During Clinton's Term the govt stepped in to bail out a HEDGE FUND called Long Term Capital.
    to say weve never bailed out a financial institution is just plain WRONG!

4. In 1982 (approx could be 83) the govt bailed out chrysler so theres even precedent for the auto industry.

Bush messed up IRAQ initially I do admit that, but he stood his ground on the surge and was proven right. The economy, as I said before, has its roots DEEP in our political history and, in my opinion, lies w/ Alan Greenspan who was appointed as chairman of the FED decades before BUSH II.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Zellot

Originally posted by Pinnacle

man bush f***ed up everything, clinton had us all nice and cozy and then here comes bush and f***s up stuff and then like always  another democrate has to come in and clean up **** . and with clinton we had the best economy ever and thats after he clean up after the first bush war. and yo pin not to really get into an arguement  or anything but "decent compared to others" dude bush had to start bailing  banks before he left then obama had to do the same **** cause everything was messed up, never have i ever in learning the history of government did i here of a president  having to bail out a major bank. so no way in hell he's  had a decent year it was the worse years.

and best president ever calvin coolidge yeah mofo

Historically, the economy has always been better under a Republican. Check your facts. the GDP, economy, stock market and personal wealth were higher during the Bush years than Clinton's years. Also, it was a Republican, Newt Gingrich, that ran the economics during Clinton's time. There may be a correlation here. Ya see.

On a side note, I amused by the misconceptions people have about certain Presidents. For example, people dislike Bush jr. because he sounded like an idiot, but he inherited a recession and turned it into record setting economic growth during his middle years (mostly attributable to the wars, which spurred the economy). It was only after a democrat congress that his policies took a major downturn. Clinton is historically a decent, but not very good president. He was well liked as an individual and that is why people overlook the fact that he had many, many, many horrible parts to his presidency. Reagan was very much the same. Most people hated Reagan for a majority of  his first term. The economy was horrible (way worse than now) and things were a disaster after Carter. It was one falling of the wall that gained him respect and he was then able to accomplish the economic plan he put in place.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>