FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Basics of a good VCTF flagrun by BucKetHe4d

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Basics of a good VCTF flagrun by BucKetHe4d
    Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 7:30am
ah, and your comment about how u "created the good flag run".. no you didnt.. you obviosuly covered the basics which was stated here before anyone else... and had some good flag routes up your sleeve.. however no one can create a good flag run.. since a good flag run is not only about the basics jhere.. or the route you take... but ultimatly a good flag run is how well the runner can adapt to changing situations across the battlefield as he runs the flag.. therefore its mainly about how nwell the runner can improvise.. and every good player has different levels and ways of coping with various situations of the game.. so no you didnt create what a good flag run is...you would of found out and used the routes before anyone else did at that time...
Bally_Man View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

i duck clan matches

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bally_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 8:11am
Originally posted by ThAtSmAtT

ah, and your comment about how u "created the good flag run".. no you didnt.. you obviosuly covered the basics which was stated here before anyone else... and had some good flag routes up your sleeve.. however no one can create a good flag run.. since a good flag run is not only about the basics jhere.. or the route you take... but ultimatly a good flag run is how well the runner can adapt to changing situations across the battlefield as he runs the flag.. therefore its mainly about how nwell the runner can improvise.. and every good player has different levels and ways of coping with various situations of the game.. so no you didnt create what a good flag run is...you would of found out and used the routes before anyone else did at that time...
why do u care so much???? just enjoy the game mate! stop getting ya pink knickers in a twist XD! who gives a fck im mean seriously
EU warfare is DEAD! buster killed it on my account with 1hand real talk
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 12:21pm
i just dont like it when people brag too much.. especially when he hasnt played in so long and he still thinks his clan are still at the top lol.. but i dont care too much at all... :S i made a couple of posts about something.. dont mean i care about it too much...
DEVIL_associate View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote DEVIL_associate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by LunarBlackcat

Originally posted by -DaGoN-

<span lang="EN">

Alright, IMO these are the basics for a good VCTF flag run:

1. Prepare yourself:

1.1 THE most important thing for a good flag run is getting jump boots. It is useless to go in without, if by some reason you land in the enemy base and you don’t have jump boots, yeah then you can go for it if you think you stand a chance, but if it's a clan match or a match against a really good team then you should better kill yourself than wasting time.

1.2 Get extra health. Pick up as many health vials as you can find on your way to the enemy base, don’t go to every single place though cause it will surely happen that you take two minutes before a flag run and then when you have maximum health you get ran over by a Manta etc.. And that’s frustrating. So yeah, try to get at least the armor vest, maybe also the keg and shield belt, if you play in a clan war you can just talk to your teammates and ask them not to take the keg and shield belt. This also works in public servers, but then you must be there before the extra health respawns or a noob will just take it and then get killed.

1.3 Get the weapons you might be forced to use during your flag run (you must have a longbow, the rest is your personal thing, I personally try to always have link, flak, sniper, rocket and shock rifle with me). You can usually pick most of them up on your way to the flag and while you get jump boots and extra health. If you want (I personally don’t do it very often) you can try to get the redeemer before you go in, if you know how to use it right it could provide you a safe escape. But it might go wrong and then you are dead, all for nothing.

1.4 Tell your teammates before you go in for a flag run, they can give you good cover that is often needed in the midfield.

2. Check the situation:

2.1 Check the teams, are there many snipers in this match ? Any players who you know really good and what they will do/where they will stand ?

2.2 Check the base for any camping vehicles.

2.3 Check for camping players on foot.

BTW Don’t think that you need to check every single place in their base, I don’t even really stop to look I just look around while I’m going in, it’s not like you have to scout.

3. Plan your flag run:

3.1 After you checked the situation you can decide where you will go. Look for the best way to avoid campers and snipers or where it’s the easiest to kill them. You will get a feeling for this really soon.

3.2 Check if you can get pass the camping vehicles in their base, if for example a tank is camping on the flag then you should tell your teammates and they can help you take down the tank before you try to take the flag and then get immediately killed. If the camping vehicle is not directly on the flag then you might give it a try, but see that you get out of it’s range of fire/sight ASAP.

3.3 A person camping directly on the flag should not be a great problem, they are usually easily taken down, try doing it before you take the flag so he doesn’t see you before you can kill him.

4. The actual flag run:

These are just basic tips for flag runs, no instructions on where you should go.

4.1 Don’t go straight forward hoping nobody’s behind you, when you go around a corner and nobody’s on front of you shot a flag ball or better grenades with your rocket launcher back to the corner.

4.2 Do not stay on your hover board longer that 1 second unless someone of your team is with you and can assure you that you won’t be shot off your board. Cause if you do get shot, you are as good as dead. Use your hover board only to do quick dodges (you go on your board only for a really short time, then jump up with your board and then immediately go off your board while you’re still in midair, it makes you really fast. Especially when you do a wall jump after jumping off). If you are being flak spammed, do not go on your board at all unless you have a lot of practice with timing it (meaning if you’re good, you can listen to their shots and you will know when you can go on your board for a second without being shot off it)

4.3 As said, either be really quick OR be really slow by just hiding. They might think “Oh he must be already out of our base, I don’t see him anywhere. Let’s search the midfield!”. This does not work very often though, I wouldn’t count on it, so just try to be as quick as possible.

4.4 Again, encourage your team to provide you good cover ! Always tell them where you will go next, where you need them to be.

4.5 ALWAYS be moving, don’t stop for longer than 1 second, you will get sniped.

4.6 While moving, don’t just go straight forward, keep on jumping, doing side jumps all the time.

4.7 When there is a part on the map where you just have to go straight forward for a long time and where you are exposed to snipers (like on the bridge on Suspense) do a side jump (or if possible a wall jump) and then use a pair of jump boots. NOTE: doing side jumps and then using jump boots gets you further (and wall jumps even further) than just jumping normal and using jump boots. This is for not being shot so easily by snipers or other players.

4.8 Be aware before scoring the flag, check for someone waiting for you on the flag, check for incoming vehicles. There’s nothing more frustrating than doing an epic flag run and then you get killed just before scoring it (last second save).

That’s about it, for the basic routes where you can go on every map, just figure them out yourself or watch other players. I will not explain every single flag run on every map. But I will give some special tips for some vctf maps:

Suspense: Take the enemy jump boots. Go in soon after you take them, then when you have the flag they will respawn right when you are at their jump boots again and BAM you have three new jump boots without having to wait for them.

Necropolis:Do not stay on the bridge. Jump off , and when you’re under the bridge try switching sides, then stay on one side and then switch again, it will confuse the enemy. If your team has the darkwalker, try being mostly on the darkwalker side cause he can give great cover.

Sandstorm:Learn the hammer jumps. And don’t think you’re safe when you are in the redeemer tunnel, keep on sidejumping and most important take your longbow out , the redeemer is usually where vehicles will come after you. So turn around and look for any vehicles, then shoot them down.

Kargo:This map is OPTIMAL for doing the hoverboard dodges, because there are so many walls. It’s so much fun when you can do the jumps, you can be effing fast here. You can go different routes, it doesn’t matter because you can do the dodges everywhere in this map. Just help your team to get the tank and once you are in the midfield you should easily be able to score it. Try staying out of the area under the boat, because if you get killed there, the flag will be returned immediately.

I hope this helps some players who are trying to become a good flag runner. Please, feel free to post more advices. :)

</span>
I take credit for this entire post, since I damn well created the "good Flagrun" on UT3 PS3 and everybody else learned from my mastery. Look it up, or just check the leaderboards.

nice tuto dagon ;P oh n @ Lunar, COOL STORY BRO
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 5:55pm
LOL LOL
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
doom5day View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote doom5day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 5:57pm
LOL @ associate
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123