| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Sports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Greatest Heavyweight Boxer Ever?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Who is your favorite or think is the best Heavyweight boxer ever?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
13 [43.33%]
2 [6.67%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.33%]
0 [0.00%]
9 [30.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [16.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greatest Heavyweight Boxer Ever?
    Posted: 30 May 2010 at 12:12am
Originally posted by aceoblivion

Ali all the way. Tyson was nothing. The only reason anyone votes for Tyson is because he's the only one that was around for you kids to remember.
you know nothing about boxing. that comment was dumb
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Ninja_Monkey

Ali had the highest caliber of competition in the history of heavyweight boxing. Tyson had mostly low caliber competition. Ali was way too skillful and savvy to lose to a dope like Tyson. Heck, even Evander Holyfield put a beating on Tyson and we all know what Tyson had to resort to in that one.
that was washed up tyson
- Best Coast

Ninja_Monkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ninja_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 2:45pm
Tyson also took a savage beating when he was in his prime from Buster Douglas, who was a nobody.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 3:06pm
that was after he got out of jail. i know i seem like a broken record because i'm repeating myself but he was a better fighter before he went to prison. plus buster douglas fought the fight of his life and i give him props for that. every dog has his day, right? i'm not saying tyson is the best fighter of all time but he is definitely up there. he's the only fighter i wanted to vote for on this poll. i would have voted for lennox lewis but he's not on there.
- Best Coast

OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Ninja_Monkey

Tyson also took a savage beating when he was in his prime from Buster Douglas, who was a nobody.

First of all, Tyson had a short week noticed when this fight ever occurred. If Tyson managed to trained at least 3 or 4 weeks, Buster Douglas would get his a ss beaten just like the other victims that Tyson punished.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 4:40pm
Kimbo Slice.... looool..
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 5:18pm
Lol forgot where this post was! Anyway looks like the winner by unanimous decision is Muhammad Ali. Thanks to the judges Venom, Ace, Ninja_monkey, Tuna and Onemanarmy! Scorecards read 118 - 110 -  and thats being generous to Iron Mike.
Great debate btw guyz!
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 6:40pm
It's an official: In 2005, Louis was named the greatest heavyweight of all time by the International Boxing Research Organization,[3] and was ranked number one on Ring Magazine's list of 100 Greatest Punchers of All Time.

It is located the last sentence on the first paragraph.

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 7:12pm
yeah but that's just an opinion lol. has anyone ever heard of ring magazine?
- Best Coast

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Lol forgot where this post was! Anyway looks like the winner by unanimous decision is Muhammad Ali. Thanks to the judges Venom, Ace, Ninja_monkey, Tuna and Onemanarmy! Scorecards read 118 - 110 -  and thats being generous to Iron Mike.
Great debate btw guyz!
HEY i don't agree with you! XD
- Best Coast

Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

yeah but that's just an opinion lol. has anyone ever heard of ring magazine?

The ring magazine is a red/white/blue belt which describes as the real champion. Basically whoever has the ring magazine belt is the linear champion. No matter how many alphabet belts you got such as WBC, WBO, IBF, WBA, etc, your not the real champion without the ring magazine belt. Other boxers have title belts for being a top fighter and make career high paychecks, but ring magazine is the truth belt which overcome all belts. 
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 9:54am
wait.. are you telling me no one is the real champion until they have a belt from some magazine?
- Best Coast

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 10:36am
BUTTERBEAN
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 11:15am
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

wait.. are you telling me no one is the real champion until they have a belt from some magazine?

Not necessary. There are some weight divisions who doesn't have the ring mazagine. The ring mazagine is usually vacant. Now, there are real champions even though they don't have the ring mazagine. The top contenders or known as the best fighters in that division with WBC, WBO, WBA & IBF belts the real champs.

In the boxing industry, it's corrupted. There are too many belts. The main belt I know by far is ring mazagine. Like I said before, the ring mazagine shows that your the linear champion in that division. Since the ring mazagine isn't popular for some reason, they use alphabet belts to determine who the champion. It could be 4 champions in one division. Does that sound right? Not to me. Boxing needs to go back in their roots when there use to had one championship belt: Ring Mazagine.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 12:02pm
yeah but everyone knows that the real champion will have all 4 belts.
- Best Coast

Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 12:19pm
That's true, but there's no reason to have four belts to be the real champion.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 12:22pm

it makes it more competitive.. i like that there are 4 belts

- Best Coast

Bally_Man View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

i duck clan matches

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bally_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 12:36pm
Ali no question! how can peeps put tyson over ali completely retarded= yeah tyson was a beast for a few years but name me more than 2 world class fighters he boxed in that period? if it was a street fight yeah tyson every time imo but boxing is a technical sport n tyson just had ferocious knockout power but even in his prime he couldn't hold punches n his so far from the best ever boxer its unreal!
EU warfare is DEAD! buster killed it on my account with 1hand real talk
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 12:39pm
tyson would beat your ass if he read that!
- Best Coast

Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 1:23pm
I'm the baddest man in the world.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 3:58pm
BUTTERBEAN would knock out Ali or Tyson in a legit fight if they were all three in there prime!
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 4:06pm
tyson would rip him a new asshole
- Best Coast

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 4:28pm
naw Tuna there's 2 fighters that everyone dodged Butterbean and Ernie Shaffer. Ernie Shaffer couldn't get a fight until he was an old man thats why you probably don't even know who he was. both of them had mad punching power. BUTTERBEAN was fat but he could fight! Rocky Marciano was undefeated his whole career but some say he never fought anyone great?
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 4:35pm
oh c'mon syzygy.. you don't actually believe that, do you? you really think that butterbean is one of the best boxers who ever lived? he mostly fought 4 round boxing matches lol. he fought out of alabama too
- Best Coast

Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 4:46pm
tyson in his prime was the most feared boxer of all time.. greatest carrer of all time? no. but id rather fight anyone then him
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>