| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Sports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Greatest Heavyweight Boxer Ever?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: Who is your favorite or think is the best Heavyweight boxer ever?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
13 [43.33%]
2 [6.67%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.33%]
0 [0.00%]
9 [30.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [16.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
[qM]
[qM]

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greatest Heavyweight Boxer Ever?
    Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 4:46pm
and butterbean shouldnt even be called a boxer.. george foreman would stomp a hole in his ass
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 4:48pm
i believe at his best he would knock those guys out yes! he could take a hell of a punch and no one could take his punches. same way with Shaffer. thats why no one fought them. Ernie Shaffer was in Ali's time and he couldn't get a fight with anyone Tuna 4 real. no one wanted to risk there career.
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Deadaim

and butterbean shouldnt even be called a boxer.. george foreman would stomp a hole in his ass
LMAO
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 5:01pm
yea its hard to be called a fighter when no one will fight you i guess?

just like what Big Country did to Kimbo Slice and everyone else in the ultimate fighter. who would of thought he could do that? it may sound rediculious that BUTTERBEAN could but he was really badazz.
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by uc SYZYGY uc

naw Tuna there's 2 fighters that everyone dodged Butterbean and Ernie Shaffer. Ernie Shaffer couldn't get a fight until he was an old man thats why you probably don't even know who he was. both of them had mad punching power. BUTTERBEAN was fat but he could fight! Rocky Marciano was undefeated his whole career but some say he never fought anyone great?

The reason why I said Rocky Marciano never fought anyone great because Bert Sugar (The Boxing Historian) said it himself.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 5:53pm
i didn't know you said it ive just heard it before. Marciano would take a hell of a beating then knock his opponent out. he hit there arms until they couldn't hold them up anymore then he would go for there head. he was one tough son of a biaaaatch.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 8:17am
Fedor would win, againt them, all.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 7:17pm
Greatest Ever: Muhammad Ali

Fight that I have always wanted to see: Mike Tyson Vs. Lennox Lewis in both their primes.

Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 8:28pm
much as I hate to say it I think Tyson would have won unless Lennox boxed him from behind his fearsome jab and tied him up. Tyson was a freak combining speed, power, craft and precision all channelled to perfection - and he was menacing too. When he beat Tyrell Biggs he could have finished him in the 2-3rd round but he smiled to the camera and said Biggs was screaming like a girl when he landed hooks to the body and he was enjoying himself!!! And I  would have paid to see Lewis Vs Ridd**k Bowe - a real grudge match with Bowe losing by TKO in the later rounds.
@Marciano -  he fought 2 greats Joe Louis and Ezzard Charles but yes both were long past their sell by dates. Like Tyson tho Rocky was fearless and punched like he had dynamite in his hands. He was also a dirty fighter - yea just like Iron Mike! He may not have been undefeated in any other era but imo he still would have been a champ - he was a force of nature.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

@Marciano -  he fought 2 greats Joe Louis and Ezzard Charles but yes both were long past their sell by dates. Like Tyson tho Rocky was fearless and punched like he had dynamite in his hands. He was also a dirty fighter - yea just like Iron Mike! He may not have been undefeated in any other era but imo he still would have been a champ - he was a force of nature.

Rocky Marciano fought Joe Louis at Joe's end of his career (his last fight). It's just like saying Larry Holmes beat Muhammad Ali end of Ali's career. Same thing as Joe Calzaghe fought Roy Jones Jr. end of Roy's career. Fighting people that already past their prime consider waste of my time. Usually, younger fighters always beat old fighters; Well, except for Bernard Hopkins.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234