| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Sports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Greatest Heavyweight Boxer Ever?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: Who is your favorite or think is the best Heavyweight boxer ever?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
13 [43.33%]
2 [6.67%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.33%]
0 [0.00%]
9 [30.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [16.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Team KmA
Team KmA

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greatest Heavyweight Boxer Ever?
    Posted: 08 May 2010 at 1:56pm
Just throwing out the biggest names out here, to me Ali, George & Mike are my favorites with Ali as the greatest!
N0SF3RATU View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote N0SF3RATU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 5:26am
rocky beats them all , even when he's 60 Tongue
Ninja_Monkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ninja_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 8:44am
I would've substitute Patterson for Jack Johnson and Jack Dempsey should probably be on the list too. I voted for Ali by the way.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Ninja_Monkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ninja_Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 8:50am
Sorry I should of said, substitute Jack Johnson for Patterson.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 10:56am
Jack Dempsey
Greeny View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 11:24am
David hay!! nah i voted for ali
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 11:55am

cant have Rock w/out Ivan Drago

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 12:08pm
ALI, enough said.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 12:17pm

why isn't Lennox Lewis on this poll??? he won the heavyweight championship 3 times and beat every single opponent he faced including Vitali Klitschko, Evander Holyfield, and Mike Tyson. 

The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 12:18pm
to be honest, i think Tyson would have whooped Ali's ass.
- Best Coast

Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

to be honest, i think Tyson would have whooped Ali's ass.

It's hard to say... Because Ali missed 3 precious years of his prime because his boxing license was suspended until the court had reached an decision for him declining the military service in that time..

Ali has beaten the greatest names out there, sonny liston, george foreman, joe frazier etc. etc.
Even tho I love Mike Tyson, I really think Ali could beat anyone he wanted to even if both fighters would face each other in their prime.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 2:35pm

Ali was good, but it was a completely different time. i think Tyson would have beat the sh!t out of Ali if they both fought each other in their prime.

- Best Coast

puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 2:49pm
If Manny Pacquiao were 2 move up to Heavyweight for whatever reason, he would so dominate the competition!! lmao.
Dude is a fu cking beast tho. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 3:09pm
glass Joe
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 8:45pm
Soda Popinski
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 7:14am

Ali was good, but it was a completely different time. i think Tyson would have beat the sh!t out of Ali if they both fought each other in their prime.

Tuna u cannot b serious. Ali was the best imo but its difficult to judge because of the era and rules. Remember tho Ali fought and beat bigger, stronger guys just like iron mike. Cept in Ali's time the top 10 was meaningful, most of the boxers at the time have made it into Boxing's Hall of Fame. And considering that there were only 2 organisations, less weight classifications, less science/tech about training and diet and longer bouts (15 rounds) I would say Ali's achievements outweigh those of Tyson's. 
Ali, in his prime, always found a way. Actually like Venom said his prime years were spent in suspension due to 'tax evasion' or draught dodging. tyson was a great if limited fighter.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Tuna u cannot b serious. Ali was the best imo but its difficult to judge because of the era and rules. Remember tho Ali fought and beat bigger, stronger guys just like iron mike. Cept in Ali's time the top 10 was meaningful, most of the boxers at the time have made it into Boxing's Hall of Fame. And considering that there were only 2 organisations, less weight classifications, less science/tech about training and diet and longer bouts (15 rounds) I would say Ali's achievements outweigh those of Tyson's. 
Ali, in his prime, always found a way. Actually like Venom said his prime years were spent in suspension due to 'tax evasion' or draught dodging. tyson was a great if limited fighter.

omg! you understand me <3
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 9:01am
and who keeps voting for rocky balboa, that was a joke, don't actually vote on it xD
I might as well put Hulk Hogan in there then.
oXxLunacyxXo View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote oXxLunacyxXo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 11:21pm
tyson cause he'll bite ur F*CKN ear off thats pimp & that tiny voice
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Supreme_Venom

omg! you understand me <3
Lol...I think i dooo! *<3 *
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 1:44pm

lol i doubt it. most of tyson's prime was spent in prison btw. if tyson would have never gone to prison for 4 years who knows what would have happened.

it's funny that you say that 30-50 years ago there were way better boxers than mike tyson. there is an interview were Ali says that Mike Tyson was the greatest boxer who ever lived. he even said he was scared of him lol. you can watch it on YOUTUBE

while you're at it, watch the dozens of matches were tyson knocked the sh it out of the best boxers in the world when he was only 19-20 years old. that's the tyson i'm talking about. not the tyson who was washed up and trying to get back in the game when he bit that guys ear.

Ali was good, but he is definitely not the greatest boxer who ever lived. top ten probably, maybe even top 5.
- Best Coast

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 1:46pm

Lennox Lewis was a bad ass too. he's not on the poll though :(

- Best Coast

Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 2:53pm
Tyson in his prime would Destroy just about anybody you put infront of him..
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 3:40pm
Heard ears taste like chicken.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

Heard ears taste like chicken.

You should try em dipped in Sweet & Sour sauce.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>